Fanatec CSR Forza Motorsport sudden FFB loss

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jeremy Mook, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Jeremy Mook

Jeremy Mook Registered

Hi everyone, my Father and I are very happy with the RF2 game, but we have a very annoying problem with our CSR Fanatec Forza steering wheel in Rf2. It is true that while driving the FFB sometimes completely disappears. (All other racing games I have no FFB problems at all)

The FFB reset button in Rf2 does not work here, and restarting the steering wheel or loading another profile has no effect at all. I also removed the Controller.Json file from the game several times ..Still no success. Only after I close the game completely, and start it all again it works fine, but after a while the same problem accures. I tried everything already, it's just not doable if this happens during an 2 hours or more endurance race, and it will just ruin your race right away.

I hope maybe you have a solution? Thanks..We'll be greatfull.. ;)

Greetings, Jeremy Mook

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Some users of Fanatec equipment noted this happening after many many repeated trips to the pits. i.e. working on a setup and going back out like 20 to 25 times. I believe one method of correction was to unplug the wheel from the usb port, also avoid the front usb jacks, try to use the older usb 2.0 jacks if your system has them on the back of you box. This happened at least once during the 24hr virtual le Mans race, Sebastion Bordais became virtually famous when his wheel stopped and he had an entire 2nd seat with wheel and pedals waiting off to the side. He plugged in the new equipment and got back to the pits, although without ffb if I recall. He reset everything while another driver took over and had no further issues like that during his other stints.

Jeremy Mook likes this.
  3. Jeremy Mook

Jeremy Mook Registered

I think its the same problem yes..I now tried installing some older non windows 10 software for the wheel..it's fine for a couple of hours now..hope it will hold..Thanks for the reply! Greets, Jer

4. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Simon Pagenaud

Jeremy Mook and davehenrie like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

my mind is nothing but jumbled info any more. lol.

Jeremy Mook and Jeferson Richart like this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

:) In my defense....lol....Are they not both French? Did they both make their early fame with Champcar/Indycars? Then both to F1 and soon after sportscars and Indycars again.... and BOTH their first names begin with the letter S. See? It's not like I was confusing one of the Unsers or something....lol...

JimmyT likes this.
  7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered