Need Graphics help

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by shushkata, Jul 7, 2020.

1. shushkata

shushkata Registered

Hi guys i am new to the game. Still exploring but... with all maxed out i cannot reach that kind of graphics see in this video -

For example - i have a very low refresh rate on the reflations on the car, interior is dull and lacking contrast, shadows are rough, shades are more saddle and so on. I will try and see if the guy is running some mods here, but as much as i can hear from him, this is the game as it is? Can someone help me a bit, maybe you can play with some ini files and push the things a bit further ?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Take some recent official content with your settings and take a couple of screenshots.

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

reflections refresh rate is very low. About half the usual rate. This was done a couple of years ago as part of a project to eek a few more fps out of the DX11 graphics. If you watch any of the LM24V replays, you'll clearly see this. So it's not your settings. If someone made a video with improved graphics then it is with a version not available to us.

Davvid likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It looked worse on there, might have been on medium. Also some reports it might have improved recently, don't think it's as fast as it was but relying on memory there.

Need screenshots to know what we're comparing.

dazzer likes this.
  5. Max_DragonBlood

Max_DragonBlood Registered

Hey,
    this is how it's looking on my tiny ASUS ROG STRIX GTX1060 6GB OC.
    Location, car and resolution are the same, only that I don't bite into the wheel, so seat position is more natural for my 190cm ;)

6. shushkata

shushkata Registered

I think that my problem is that i was comparing the new Ferrari car with the old GT3 models (part of the GT3 pack), which are not even near the quality of the interior seen here. You have (not the best, but) a really good feeling for the materials, and the interior is much better lit compared to, let's say, the GT3 Porsche, or the Audi (2019)

7. Max_DragonBlood

Yepp, before I had the origin F 488 GTE I had another one from a mod and the look of the interior wasn't half that good compared to this one, this is why I've made the vid with exact same car and track ;)
    However, the grafix is the weakest point of my machine, but will wait for RTX 30xx to upgrade, video can't be best cause scale in 1440p isn't the best on a nativ 4k monitor

8. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

Whats rhe in game settings and aa level- post effects in your vid

9. Max_DragonBlood

Here are screens of my settings for the vid, but sorry it's in german language:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ygit was asking about AA and post effects which are adjusted with the video config tool. You access that via the gear symbol on the launcher screen. You should make a HABIT of checking this every time to ensure your video card is correctly chosen. rF2 likes to 'forget' the saved information.

11. Max_DragonBlood

Inside the launcher in video settings "FXAA" is only available for me if "AA" is set to "none", the screens are showing that "FXAA" is on and "AA" = "Kantenglättung" is "off";)
    "Post effects" are at "medium" level

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    davehenrie likes this.
  12. shushkata

shushkata Registered

Went with the Endurance Pack and Portland, the game looks really ok with such a combo. Non the less, is there a way i can increase the frame-rate of the reflections ? They are really choppy, and as much as you typically don't look (or see) them, some of the cars have a reflective interior panel, that is right in front of me, lagging like crazy.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

All you can do at this stage is put Environment Reflections on High. There aren't any settings to push it any higher.

14. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The reflection update rate was reduced by about 1/2 a couple of years ago to help maintain or improve framerates. I don't know if they plan on changing that anytime soon. And I don't know of anyway for the user to change the rate of updating.

15. shushkata

shushkata Registered

Ok i now see that the Ferrari GTE car is using a new interior lightning tech. So this is the reason it looks so much more superior to the other cars, even the GTE pack. Do we expect an overhaul of the cars in game toward the new interior light solution ?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

Where does it say it uses new interior shaders? Typically newer cars look better because they use a better source model, are built with higher poly counts and higher resolution textures, all of which matters at least as much as shaders.

17. shushkata

shushkata Registered

Here in this review of the car. The materials on the dash sure look better than any other car so far.