Covid?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by davehenrie, Jul 12, 2020.

1. lagg

lagg Registered

It's easy to say that it's not dangerous when you're in a zone without thousands of deaths.
    Here, the percentage of mortality of the sick people older than 65 has been the 70%
    This illness is not a joke

2. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

ahem...I know the theme is interesting but aren't we here to support the OP?
    I mean...I will be even more scared after reading your posts (even if scientifically correct) :p

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It took 7 days, but the test finally came back Negative. So I either have a cold or allergies.(I'm not prone allergies however) Lousy timing I guess. Still having a few symptoms, but that is all it was...

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

great mate,glad you and your family are ok!

nextacyn and davehenrie like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Congratulations!!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just don't celebrate in public :p

Worrying the way this thing is still progressing, and how many people are disbelieving or simply "over it". Makes you realise the killer disease that wipes out nearly everyone (you know, that one in all the movies) won't be anything like in the movies.

7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

So you will keep posting on forums ? :D

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just saw a study that breath transmission is very very small compared to fecal transfer. (This is what killed the Cruise Liners, they all share the same tank) Handwashing is way more important than masks, which were effective only when dealing with an infected individual who had symptoms severe enough to be in the hospital. Certainly Covid has many ways to attack us. Touch seems to be an important transfer.

9. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Transfer may not be known as a precise science, but one thing should stand out pretty clear.
    Countries that have the highest percentage of the population wearing masks also have the lowest number of new cases.

10. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

But demonstrating cause and effect link to that would be difficult to say the least.
    where there is high use of masks that also demonstrates a population prepared to follow their national guidance so distancing hand washing etc will all likely be comparably high.

Transmission is multi factorial, wearing a mask will reduce transmission but not on its own as much as everyone doing everything they can.

You can’t exactly undertake a randomised double blind trial on this so there will be lots of data captured and analysed over time to improve responses for the next pandemic.

11. CharlesClark

CharlesClark Registered

I hope we will be better prepared when this happens next time. It would be bad if it happend again and everything repeats.

lagg likes this.