Covid?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by davehenrie, Jul 12, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Two weeks ago I bought tires for our car, last weekend we got an email from the tire store stating one of their employees tested positive for Covid 19. I've felt fine the entire time, I have just one more day to reach the 14 day incubation period..and guess what? My nose is plugged and running snot every where(at the same time) Feels like a head cold, but the timing......sonofa....

2. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Better run some kind of check or whatever is called to be sure you aren't infected, living in doubt can be worst than you think.
    I sense you are all good but you know....better be safe than sorry.

CrimsonEminence and davehenrie like this.
  3. Traveller

Traveller Member

Wishing the best for you.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

First call your doctor, tell your symptoms, don't go there personally.
    All the best! Maybe it's just a normal summer cold! :)

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Don't put off getting tested.
    If you turn out to be positive, the lack of oxygen to your brain can interfere with logic and reasoning, further preventing you from seeking aid.
    Hoping for the best.

Emery likes this.
  6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol, if you ask my wife, I've been lacking logic and reasoning for most of our marriage! Test has been done, just waiting on the results.

Emery, SRGP and CrimsonEminence like this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

Good luck!!

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Every doctor/nurse in the hospital my mother works (biggest in the state) is taking chloroquine as soon as they feel the first flu like symptons, those with covid reported getting better in 24~48h after that.
    My mother had some symptons (not flu like) last week but she thought it was due to menopause (it synced perfectly) then she lost the sense of smell and taste later heh, she is better now (she is in risk group), quick recovery after taking that. But smell/taste didn't come back yet.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  9. Filip

Filip Registered

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yeah and I know tens of doctors/nurses that used it without issues and all of them got very positive results from it. The ones that dared to ignore local govt rules against it didn't lose a single patient even some that were in serious conditions, including my grandfather that stayed in hospital for 17 days and left it after 2 of treatment with this
    Personally I prefer to avoid any drug, they all can cause problems ;) so I only take something if it's extremely needed

11. Filip

Filip Registered

Could be that any drug can cause problems but not any drug is banned in EU despite the fact it has no real alternative.
    I would be very cautious about recommending that stuff to anyone.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Chloroquil has a brand name Placquinil.(sp?) It has been used safely for at least 40 years to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis.. Heck, chow down a bottle or two of Tylenol and you'll be dead within hours. Every drug has potential allergic reactions to certain people. Italy, France and many other places have shown Chloroquil has been effective and safe in treating Corona. There have been two studies in the U.S. and both appeared to be against Hydro Chloroquil. Both were shown to be using faulty methods(90yr old Vets already in grave medical condition) and the 2nd was withdrawn completely. The money from Dr Fauci's & Bill Gates group have been against H/C due to their own drug that is underdevelopment.

13. Filip

Filip Registered

Not just EU but recently FDA issued this cautio against it's use:

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safe...oroquine-covid-19-outside-hospital-setting-or

Excerpt:
    We made this determination based on recent results from a large, randomized clinical trial in hospitalized patients that found these medicines showed no benefit for decreasing the likelihood of death or speeding recovery.

Please everyone always consult multiple sources and experts opinions in matters like these.

14. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Few years ago we had big issues with zika virus here. They recommended this medicine to pregnant women as it can protect the baby's brain against the virus as it causes serious problems. Now they (the same media that praised it years ago) treat it as a poison basically.
    Things like this made the whole covid thing so suspicious to me, nothing in this situation makes any sense.

15. Filip

Filip Registered

Your conclusion doesn't make any sense to me.

16. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Best wishes on your health.

My daughter is a Hematologist and works in clinical research and shares quite a bit with us on COVID.
    From what I understand Hydroxychloroquine is an autoimmune suppressant prescribed for Lupus and some cases of Rheumatism. It takes 4-8 weeks to begin to be effective. Its helpful in COVID only when the patient has reached a point where their immune system begins to attack healthy cells which generally only occurs after the patient's O2 levels require intubation. Its been found that Lupus patients in particular who have already been receiving Hydroxychloroquine for at least a few months have a much higher recovery rate after intubation than other patients. That was first discovered in S Korea. It also has other side effects such as excessive platelet counts which can contribute to the clotting issues that some people are getting with or without Hydroxychloroquine.

Remdesivir has shown the best results so far for those in advanced states of the disease.

Antibody testing was prone to false positives although the immunoassays and reagents have gone through steady improvements. Swab testing using the Abbott Labs system is pretty accurate so long as the specific reagents are used.

Vaccination development has been streamlined. Its a 3 phase process where the first two phases are more intended for reactions to the vaccine, and those phases have not been streamlined. Phase 3 is mostly for general effectiveness and generally takes 2-3 years as the effectiveness is based on random exposure to the general public. In this case, patients who have volunteered will be intentionally exposed to the virus under lab conditions. There are 3 companies approaching Phase 3 by November, and 3 more that are expected to reach Phase 3 by year end.

Johnson & Johnson is the only one with mass production capacity and is already "tooling up" for mass production of about 100,000,000 doses per month.

In the mean time CSL Plasma and Banner Medical are isolating antibodies from COVID survivors. There are likely to be a few others too. It's unknown how they are being distributed to me anyway. Antibody treatments are not a long lasting preventative as they don't stimulate production of the needed antibodies.

That's what I know so far.

Garitt Gibsn and davehenrie like this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks for all the information and well wishes!

18. Filip

Filip Registered

19. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Covid feels different for everyone. Some get it but doesnt even notice it while some get the typical flu experience of pain in the bones, sore throat, headaches, hallucinations from high fever, runny nose etc. Im in Sweden and we have had no lockdowns (this is ridiculous and a massive over reach of our rights and freedoms. You quaranteen SICK people - not healthy ones). We are also not forced to wear masks (which btw isnt protecting you. Doctors wear it to protect the people they open up). Things are basically running normally with grocery stores etc having put stickers on the ground to keep people further apart when in line, and some shops put up sneeze guard plexiglass by the counter to protect the clerks. I am fine, my friends are fine and my family is fine. Still im in the city every day moving around lots of people.

Also the numbers have come in and it seems the survival rate is 99,8 something percent and those who are in the risk zone are already sick people and the age group 60 and up. However most deaths are in the 80-100 years old bracket. This means Covid is less dangerous than the flu or very similar. Several doctors who WORK WITH COVID PATIENTS have said its insanity to stop economies and lockdown healthy people but their videos and articles have been quickly buried.

My tips is to keep you hygene up by always washing your hands when you get home (should be standard MO anyway) and dont touch your face/mouth/eyes when outside before you wash your hands. A friend of mine is a doctor and he knows of a few people who got it but they were all hospital employees. I think another thing with this is younger people who go along with all the lockdowns and snitch on others not following the authoritarian nonsense they have never had the flu for example and they think the Covid sickness sounds horrific and scary. The thing is that the flu is also horrific and scary! I had it once and i thought i was gonna die. I was 19 when i got it so i was plenty strong and healthy but still i couldnt eat for a week and had pain all over the body etc. What do we do every year when the flu comes around? NOTHING! I think some leaders tried to do their best but i also think many leaders took the opportunity to impose authoritarian measures on their citizens. Whatever all of this is i think its safe to say its a shitshow and life will never go back to normal. Not because of the disease but because of how those in power have chosen to deal with this.

Stay healthy my friends.

Will Mazeo likes this.
  20. Filip

Filip Registered

I don't even know where to begin responding to above post so I'll just say people please listen to health authorities, scientists, read from different sources, don't buy into conspiracy theories.
    Chances are scientists know more than your neighbours aunt or people on sim racing forum

sharjeelr, Emery, Scoopscat7 and 2 others like this.