Latest Roadmap Update - June 2020

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

I hope whiny people tend to get slapped when they whine with their friends.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I thought it was pretty obvious there wouldn't be anything during the sale. I think expecting anything more than the previous packs for a short time, at full price, is unrealistic. That's all I want.

Emery likes this.
  3. Brent

Brent Registered

Same, I was hoping to pick up a couple tracks and the 2 strong pack or whatever it was called. Wasn't amused that the old packs were completely gone from the store so I couldn't quickly tell what vehicles I already had. I had to fire up RF2 and click on each vehicle individually and in the store to figure it out. Realized I needed to buy most of the cars I already had, same with tracks.

Needless to say I didn't buy anything with this sale. Looking forward to the one-time solution.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    Emery and jlnprssnr like this.
  4. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Well, if it had been obvious for me, I wouldn't have asked... ;)

However, I'm sorry that my simple inquiry derailed so negatively.

I was genuinely curious, if anybody had heard any more details after that announcement (eg. on discord) and didn't expect / intended it to be any sort of flame/troll bait.

I just bought the track bundle literally at the last minute, because it's a real bargain, even though I had purchased Sebring before.

Besides that I had bought the GT3 Pack, GT3 Challengers, the Endurance Pack and TwoStrong quite a while ago, so all that's still missing my garage, would be the Ferrari GTE & (upcoming) GT3, which hopefully will be released as yet another bundle... :)

All peaches and roses on my end. :D

So please Studio 397, just keep up the good work!

Lazza likes this.
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry @Max Dralle , didn't mean it to sound that way or targeted at you. Too many people around at either extreme (this is BS!!! vs What a bunch of whining ungrateful so-and-sos...)

Same on the tracks, couldn't resist :D

6. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Sooooo. Haven't seen anything about this and the summer sale is over now. Is this again something like the other "we will do it soon and actually will never do it"-thing?

jlnprssnr likes this.
  7. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Aren't you able to rephrase that request a bit more politely? I'm sure S397 know what they are doing. Patience in a wobbly world goes a long way...

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@McFlex @jlnprssnr Care to explain what the rush is?

I'm waiting for a reissue of the Two-Strong pack so I can buy it - presumably at full price - because it made no sense to either pay the individual price or rebuy the entire endurance pack when I already bought 5 of the 7 cars previously. I believe that pack is the most recent one to have disappeared, and that was available 11 months ago.

Why is there now a sudden need to have the packs available again, in a hurry, if you didn't buy it in that time? I get the cost thing. I don't get why maybe waiting another few weeks is going to make any difference in your life.

Adam Helyes likes this.
  9. jlnprssnr

jlnprssnr Registered

No rush, don't plan to spend more money on rF2 anytime soon.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I only tagged you because you liked McFlex's post. Now I'm not sure why you did that.

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Really not?
    A small reality check, to maybe make the situation a bit more comprehensible, no hate:

For some users, the way of how things were happening, was a letdown, that caused frustration, now venting into reaction.

I can't really imagine, S397 wasn't aware of that outcome, especially with the moment, that they've choosen (coincidentally right before the summer sale), hazarding the consequences of potential reactions to that.

One way of acting from a business perspective, that really concerns me personally.

I would've also been frustrated, if i would've waited for a sale, to complete a collection of (maybe even older) content, just to see, that i have now to pay twice for something, that was arranged differently before, but changed exactly in the moment, where this opportunity would've taken place, to obviously restrict sales on a discount for potential completion and forcing to a full charge later, if you still intend to buy it. Let's be honest and open about it: It's basically that, after all.

The reaction now is no contradiction, it's somewhat of a statement of broken trust of a customer in a company. It's communication of disappointment.

EDIT: After all, it's this:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    jlnprssnr likes this.
  12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

13. CrimsonEminence

Then why don't make your point clear?
    The whole point about the rush was the sale and now switched into a "at least give us something to at least don't pay twice" situation. Waiting time has now been artificially extended.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The removed packs were never going to be on sale (discounted) and were obviously unlikely to be put on the workshop during the summer sale, because at least part of the reason they were removed was to simplify the packs especially for newcomers brought in by the Le Mans race. We had this conversation already in what is now a closed thread.

The post above is asking why the solution isn't out yet, now that the sale is over. This would indicate a willingness to take advantage of the solution (ie buy the 'missing' content).

I asked what the rush is now, given that the newest such pack is almost a year old (note I'm missing that pack, so I'm in the situation being discussed) so I don't see why content that wasn't attractive enough to buy for all that time is now being waited on, impatiently enough to now ask about it.

jlnprssnr liked the post asking about availability (of a temporary solution hinted at in the roadmap) and then said they're not looking to buy anything soon. That makes no sense to me, because it doesn't make sense.

I don't need your reality check or explanation as I'm well aware, being one of those waiting. But again: waiting for something I didn't buy in the last year, was waiting to go on sale, and now that I know it won't be I'm waiting to buy the pack at full price. Am I impatient? No, because I probably won't even drive it in the foreseeable future, which is why I didn't buy it 3 weeks ago.

15. CrimsonEminence

How do anyone know for sure?
    Yes...we all read the official version. nvm.
    Never waited for something, then seeing expectations not fullfilled, while patience is strained?
    Again: It's communtication of disappointment.

Without evaluation of the probability of the realism of expectations.
    It makes sense, when you include the communication of disappointment as consequence. It's also, why i made the clarification as connection point to this reaction. Maybe your thinking is on a more rational side of things, but there are people, handling it differently.

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And yet, even considering the purchase of duplicate content, was not the price less than original offers? Coulda had it all months if not years ago and because you'all chose not to get it any time since, you blame the company. I figure, S397 considered sales to old users to be maxxed out. Those who were going to buy have already bought. So they sought to encourage new users into the family. Because they dared look for new customers, the old ones have nothing better to do but gripe. This is the same discussion that got the original thread shut down, so 'spect the same.
    I have the Aston GTE....

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I notice every time we talk about DLC, that even the very big fans of rFactor 2 (for example those who post almost every day on the forum and who are every day on Discord), have not acquired the majority (or all) of the DLC despite their quality.

I am quite surprised.

Probably these people also spend money on other simulations, which is hardly my case.

I bought everything .... And more without promotion !
    It may have cost me 100 euros maximum.....
    My computer alone is worth more than 2000 euros, I would never understand why some people (I am not targeting anyone in particular) spend hundreds or even thousands of euros in hardware, but complain about the price of DLC.

Paulfield likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

We're a little off-topic, but since I perhaps fall into this category and apparently surprised a few people on discord when I mentioned only just buying Nords and Le Mans...

I own 2 games from the last 10 years: rF2 and Elite Dangerous. I've not played the latter very much but I like space stuff so I bought it at 75% off. I knew I wouldn't play it much so I wasn't willing to pay full price, or even at 50% discount.

I've now bought the majority of the rF2 DLC, and most of that I bought at discount. I've hardly used most of it. I haven't done any actual racing with any of it, only done some more laps at Sebring (and only one of the shorter layouts) through car modding work. Kartsim I've probably done less than 5 laps. Reiza I've done maybe 10 across several cars and tracks. I just bought the FE 1st and 2nd gen pack (at 50% off), did 2 laps to check it worked and see how it felt/sounded, not sure when I'll get back to it.

We all consume differently, and for me this is splashing out. I know that unless we have an active competition system I'll likely not be racing on anything I've bought, and I'm very much minded to not buy something unless I'm going to use it. Many people are happier to consume, buying a new phone every year or 2, buying coffee and lunch many days a week, upgrading their PC each year and looking forward to their next purchase. I upgraded my PC 2 years ago for the first time in 8 years (entire PC) with only second hand GPUs before that. I've got 2nd hand wheel & pedals, I've done my own fixes for several issues and done a DIY pedal upgrade. I fashioned my own triple screen mount and saved myself $200 on a commercial mount that wouldn't be as flexible. I bought a phone 2 years ago, first since 2010. I make lunch every day and I don't buy coffee.

So I don't spend much. I'm not buying DLC when it comes out, again I would if I could see I was missing out on an active racing scene because of it (and I actually hope we get there one day). Some may see their insta-buying as supporting S397 and that's fine, I try to (mostly) help people on the forums and provide some plugins and turn up when I can in some public racing to help numbers and the community.

So it's not just about quality, it's not about loyalty. We're different, some people own all the games/sims and I prefer to listen to them when it comes to honest comparisons, I'll call a spade a spade when I see something in rF2 I don't like or could do with improvement and I'll support or criticise what other people say based on each post's merits as much as possible. We're all simracers doing what we love in our own way, we should focus less on sim vs sim or DLC buyers vs non and just go and drive (or mod) more.

Emery, Jeferson Richart and EsxPaul like this.
  19. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

Still speechless ;):p

20. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Lazza, I don't judge anyone, I am just astonished.

I thought that, given the real quality of the S397 DLCs, fans (fans at least) would buy most DLCs when they came out (like me).

I am obviously mistaken, but in any case I do not judge the fans who do not buy all the DLC (which would be me to allow me to judge !).

Talk about helping the community .... Thanks to you and your plugin damplugin and motec, I was able to adjust my very modest T300 to perfection, and sincerely thank you.