[REL] GTPC 1984 edition

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnaud Plume, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Just finished a great race against the AI round Bridgehampton, what a blast! :cool:

2. oldman

oldman Registered

Thank you for the update. An amazing mod. Those who don't know about 1984 WSC, buy a book, DVD . . . :)

3. LaZanzaraRombante

LaZanzaraRombante Registered

In the LM of 1985 participated in the Gt category the BMW m1 and the porsche 911 sc will be released in the near future ?
    LM 1984 Gt Class Porsche 930 and BMW M1
    LM 1982 GT Class Porsche 935 K3 and BMW M1 and Lancia Beta Montecarlo and Ferrari 512 BB LM

4. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

We are working on Porsche 930.

935K3, Lancia Beta & Ferrari 512 aren't in rf1 GTPC mod so we don't have any 3D model of those cars.

Rogger, Churrinche, makan and 3 others like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Ferrari 512 was part of a project that got put on hold, it represents a glaring hole for any fan that learned of the 24hr of Le Mans from the Steve McQueen movie. Hopefully that will get untracked someday.

6. Arnaud Plume

Arnaud Plume Registered

Roadmap update - June 2020

Hi folks, here are some small news of the project.

June was a slow progress month as I had 12h & 24h events during this month. About the 24h, it's the LMC organized by my league, it was 18 races of 45 minutes on Le Mans. GTPC mod was used for 3 races and it was a blast with around 30 drivers at each race.

Now I'm back at modding and curently working on a new conversion: BMW M1

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About release date, we aren't sure anymore to be ready for this summer, maybe you'll have to wait some months before racing with Porsche 930 & BMW M1.

Lars, 2ndLastJedi, Levelup1 and 28 others like this.
  7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

the beast!!

8. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Great mod, just discovered it and it drives pretty good!
    Just one question: will it be possible to reduce the AI braking light usage? When they brake it's like a disco/stroboscope, real humans wouldn't use their brakes this way. However it is probably down to how the AI uses their brakes in general I suppose....

9. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Mmmmmmm M1.
    Looking great...

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is an issue with rF2 itself. It was introduced either to correct something else, or was an un-intended result of some other update. But it has been known for probably 2 years at least. Solo, offline issues are at the back of the line unfortunately.

11. fbiehne

fbiehne Registered

Thanks for the answer.
    That's a bummer....so you're more or less forced to use openwheelers which don't have brakelights.

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

try reducing the post effects to none. The bright brake lights are most likely our fault. When S397 transferred everything over to DX11, the new DLC cars had very weak taillights. If you get behind a Mclaren 650S GT3 you will get the idea. The brake light itself is barely a pixel tall and can barely be seen in daytime or when kyour headlights are on the back of the car. So as the graphic updates have progressed the newer cars really do have bright tail lamps...the newest, Ferrari 488 GTE, is the prime example. Tail lights POP. Combine that with the odd on/off throttle and brake behavior the cars use to navigate turns and it can be like a discotheque.

atomed and fbiehne like this.
  13. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hi @[ODS]Arnaud,

Thanks for bringing those cars to rf2, absolutely love simulated h-shifting, and cars look nice.

I wanted to ask, would it be possible to adjust camera planes for this mod? I am running high FOV headset, and view cuts through the roof and sides:
    upload_2020-7-10_20-16-29.png

This should be easy to fix - just bring forward camera plane closer. In other mod, I was able to build update, and fix it by adjusting:

ClipPlanes=(0.010000, 500.000000)
    Thanks!

atomed and Manfredk2 like this.
  14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Is that something that could be applied as an optional vehicle upgrade?

Godwind Racing likes this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I am not sure, but I am curious what is the drawback of moving plane closer? I see this issue only with few cars, maybe there was something in rF1 times that required that? I'll try building an update if I get a chance, to test.

EDIT: was able to fix it by changing cockpit camera planes to:
    ClipPlanes=(0.010000, 1500.000000)

upload_2020-7-11_14-37-53.png

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Rogger, pkelly and Woodee like this.
  16. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

(I wrote this on Steam before I noticed this thread)

It's great to have 956 to drive and it feels and sounds great. But there's something weird when shifting with H-shifter & clutch. It feels like the car is not accepting fast gear changes. If you wait a little when shifting then the gear is accepted. This really kills the feeling of driving this type of car. Eg. with Mak Corp 962 you can shift as fast as you want if you're just precise with timing. But on this one it's not possible. If this got fixed I'd head to Nordschleife with #2 car right away...

17. Mauro

Mauro Registered

you can't image to shift like modern F1 car on a 1984 sportcar

rf2 doesn't simulate clutch, so
    for me much better this solution that official S397 f1 1975 cars where you can upshift and downshift like modern F1

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  18. atomed

atomed Member

I´ve never driven this car in real life :D but I´d say that´s how it´s supposed to be. In the videos what I see is consistent and slow gear changes.

Mauro likes this.
  19. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Well, I guess none of us know exactly how fast they did change gears in real cars. At least I know they didn't make driver wait random amount of time and guess if it's already ok to proceed.

My point is that this sort of artificial delay doesn't work as you have zero feedback or way of knowing when you can safely shift. It kills the feeling of driving. As long as sim H-shifters can't prevent you selecting gear, the gear change should be accepted as long as it's ok by clutch & throttle.

Edit: I totally understand the point of this delay for those who drive these car with paddles. Then it's good to have some delay to get it even with H-shifter shifting. But the delay shouldn't be there for H-shifter.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    atomed and Manfredk2 like this.
  20. Esa Ahonen

Esa Ahonen Registered

Hats off to anyone who can shift with H-shifter & clutch as fast as modern F1-car...