How to Slow down AI “teammate”?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AUY2K, Jul 9, 2020.

1. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

Is there a solution to slowing down the AI teammate when toggling AI control to take over? The AI is a good 3 seconds faster than my pace and is also about 3 seconds faster than the other AI as well.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Sounds like there is either no .red file or one that exceeds the limits that should be adhered to. what car/mod are we talking about?

3. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

I’m using the following official cars on Le Mans:
    Ferrari 488 GTE
    Aston Martin Vantage GTE
    Corvette C7R GTE
    Porsche 991 RSR GTE

I’m driving an Aston Martin.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you chose your car there is a button for customize, after clicking that button it should have said the Le Mans Aero was forced. But then you should also choose the Force Setup option.
    I just tried the F 488 GTE and because I am without a wheel right now, I just allowed the AI driver to take the car out and run practice laps. He was the slowest car by 3 to 4 seconds. The exact opposite of your problem. (welcome to rF2 eh?)

One difference might be due to setup. I made zero changes, just let the AI take the car.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@AUY2K what is your AI strength set to?

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Further testing with my AI driver, forced the Le Mans aero and forced setup, my AI driver was 7th out of 30 drivers. Making sure I had the proper aero car rewarded the AI with lap times about 5 seconds faster than previous testing showed.
    There are at least 2 other workshop mods that include a Ferrari, so users must ensure they disable the GEC and RSS mods to prevent mixing of cars.