RTX 2080 SUPER vs RX 5700 XT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by João Miguel, Jul 5, 2020.

1. João Miguel

João Miguel Registered

Hy guys!
    I am new here!
    I ll go to sell my old computer parts that I still have.
    I have an Asus RTX 2080 OC, but I need to sell it because the guy who goes to buy, wants to buy everything (CPU, GPU, motherboard and memories), so i have to sell it.
    I play on a 3 1080p 165 Hz Asus VG278QR monitors.
    Three months ago I had an RTX 2070 that I sold to buy the RTX 2080 SUPER and the diferencie between them is not big, 4/5 fps on average, maybe a little more on the lower frames side.
    So, as Nvidia and ATI are prepared to launch new GPU's at the end of the year I thought to buy an ATI RX 5700 XT, as in average they have similar performance to the RTX 2070 I had before.
    I don't know anything about ATI cards performance in Sim Racing games, particularly in RF2, and will need your advice about that.
    should I buy the RX 5700 XT, another RTX 2080 SUPER or the RTX 2070 SUPER (last 2 much more expensive then the ATI) while wait for the new cards?
    Usually I play with 29 AI cars and with settings as they are at beginning (high/ultra) when game installs. I play with 3 1080p monitors.

Thanks on advance

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Either of the the Nvidia cards should be faster than the AMD 5700 XT. Pricewise, though the XT is usually a better deal. I will probably upgrade to the AMD later this year, but mainly because I already have a Freesync monitor which is AMD compatible.
    In the end, I think going to the 5700 XT will lose fps, but I don't know how many. As you found out, there is more to fps in rF2 than just the latest vid card. Making sure your motherboard supports 3.0 PCI express bus speeds is important, having a cpu that is on par with the video card is also recommended.

3. João Miguel

João Miguel Registered

I bought an Intel i9 10900K, as I pretend to upgrade the GPU later for a NVIDIA RTX 3080 TI or the equivalent ATI model, depending of the price and features of each one.

davehenrie likes this.
  4. Bob Gnarley

Bob Gnarley Registered

Hello there.

I have been running triple 1080 @ 75hz on a 5700XT for a while now. I'm not sure about 165hz but it has no problems at 75hz.

The issue is that AMD dropped support for it's bezel compensation software in December and i have no idea if it will be reinstated. Please see a thread i started at RD.

https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/triples-radeon-2020-edition-drivers.182428/

Still on a driver from Oct 19 which isn't available now. Meh!

5. João Miguel

João Miguel Registered

Thanks for you valuable information!
    ATI no way for me to go, without bezel compensation.
    I ll go to to buy a RTX 2080 SUPER or RTX 2080 TI (if I can buy it at a good price).

Bob Gnarley likes this.