Having second thoughts already (*update: not anymore)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eRacer_, Jul 3, 2020.

1. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Oh, my bad, if complies with the regulations then the blender-like sound is totally fine
    [​IMG]

The case of the gt500 is particularly sad for me because is my favourite racing championship. I was hoping I could get some form of DTM+GT500 dream race here (but not with that sound).

The Fuji track is very good, nice job.

The Nissan is an oficial car, right? Is it possible to modify the sound with a mod?

Thank you, I'm applying all this. The sound is better. The graphics are not GT Sport like, but they are very good.

I'm exploring all the content by these names, thank you for the recommendations. You guys are amazing. Thanks for helping me

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
    bwana, Griffin Johnson and Raven_ARG like this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Very important point to complete my advice in terms of content :

The former editor of rF2 has created cars in the past which are in every way (overall and must be seen on a case by case basis) less good than the new ones created last 4 years by S397, especially concerning the essentials (physics and tire model and chassis flex etcetera).

S397 made in my opinion a huge error, that to reunite on steam under the same banner the cars of the old editor and S397. The result is a great disparity in the quality of official cars. You have to identify the cars 100% S397 (which I did in part), at least for your first hours of rF2.

It is the only way to see rF2 in its best light, especially in terms of physics engine and "realism" of car content.

The error in rF2 is to download 36 billion mods.

The approximately 37 official cars made in the last 4 years are already a very good base.

Everything about rF2 is complicated for a new user.

lagg, Griffin Johnson and eRacer_ like this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

... because love is complicated

pkelly, DrivingFast and eRacer_ like this.
  4. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

Its hard to get the joy of sheer driving pleasure you get from rF2 anywhere else. I hope you get it sorted because if you enjoy the driving itself and not just the racing (which is great too) then you wont be disappointed when you got it all dialed in and find the combos you love. Test different combos and find what really makes you smile. Different people have worked on the content over a long time so it wont be 100% the same quality on everything.

BTW test EVE or Sparks F1 or F2 on Belgium '66 (old Spa). Gives you a feel for what its really about. Even if you're not into old school formula but the physics and FFB will show you what it can do and how alive and powerful it is. The newer content of cars and tracks i find really good too plus there is some older ISI stuff that is still very good. Most people that are here found the good stuff and are the core rF2 users. Many come, complain and drop out without getting to the good stuff. The "good stuff" being the good cars, tracks and having the sim dialed in regarding FFB and everything else. I hope you have a "wow!" moment and stick around. If not, nice knowing you pal. ;)

The Great Apt likes this.
  5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

You are trolling, right? I hope you are... :D

eRacer_ likes this.
  6. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

Of course, mate Just having a laugh. Sorry, I'm a bit of a clown. ;)
    I can feel the difference between cars. Also, they are very distant in time, some cars here are quite old, with older technology. The new ones are amazing. I understand what you mean with the good stuff.
    Honestly, this sim has so advanced physics that I feel like I know nothing at all and I have to relearn everything. Probably this is the reason why some people would drop it, relearning everything again? But I'm ok with that, because it makes me a better driver.

How is the online racing? How is the divebombing around here?

7. Comante

Comante Registered

If you are jeager to start from scratch, usually the advice that is given here , is to start from here:

You have the car and the track too.

For the online activity, that is the sore thumb of RF2, actually 99% of online activity is in the hands of leagues that host their races and championships. This is good for one thing, but bad for people that want to make some quicky and don't have schedule time to plan in advance when they can race in a league.

If you will have the patience to stick around longer, Studio 397 is working on an online competition system that on paper should redefine RF2 completely. I'm mostly a quicky and single player guy, but we will see what will come out.

eRacer_ likes this.
  8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

RF2 took me years to finally get in good terms with, I hope that it will take less time for you. The driving experience is excellent when it clicks and other times a lot of "non essential" issues makes it difficult to enjoy.
    You will need patience and perseverance, to both accept to live with some of the issues and learn how to fix what can be fix.
    Is the reward worth the efforts totally depend on what really matters to you in a simulator.
    At the end you will find some combo that will make you think that it is as good as SIM racing can be and wish that you can find more, which you might find if you are patient and persevere.
    Good luck.

gnoccop, The Great Apt and eRacer_ like this.
  9. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

I'd love a regional ranking, like in GT SPort. Imagine competing against drivers in your community. For instance, I was Dartford's fastest driver in GT Sport, and top ten in Kent, England (out of a few hundreds). It gives you another layer of competition, because you have to overcome your limits to be faster and climb in the ranks. That would be a nice addition.

What really matter to me is to feel what I'm driving, to be honest. The graphics are nice, but what really closes the deal is the driving experience. I find the Porsche GTE with Le Mans aero package terrifying to drive (in stock) at 300km/h. But I love it, reminds me of my car. My car is just 1200 kg and is very nimble and agile. I was surprised to get the same feeling in the G29 as in my car's steering wheel (some times, particularly in a windy day).
    In the negative side, the FFB is so rich here, you get so much feeling, that anything you try after it might be insipid. Yesterday when I tested my graphic card in ACC, it felt... not enough. Does it make sense?

Ricardo Diz and Cote Dazur like this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Absolutely
    Under the hood Rfactor fire at you 400Hz FFB and 2000Hz (if remember well) tire information update

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

12. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

I don't speak Engineerish, but happy to learn. Is that a lot of FFB? :rolleyes:

13. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

A bucket full. :D

14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

IMO some of the ISI cars are very good in therms of physics. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think many of them were made by Michael Borda, S397 physics "guru" and most of new S397 car's physics was made by Marek Leśniak. Yes, ISI cars don't have latest CPM tire model(but many of them still use older CPM, which is not much worse), some don't have chassis flex etc. I know it's very subjective IMHO most of the ISI cars handle quite realistic.

15. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

In addition to the latest absent technological innovations (tire model, chassis flex), most ISI cars are not licensed :

I presume, perhaps wrongly, that ISI did not fully use the real data to make these cars, and I assume it's the opposite for S397 (who really knows??).

I have a lot more confidence in the realism of S397 cars, maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

In terms of realism, I prefer to leave the least things to chance, rather than having 36 billion mods.

I have 35 S397 cars, 3 SlowMotion, and 2 Kartsim karts, or 40 cars, it's already huge.

Unless playing 10 hours a day.

In any case out of the question of using cars without the latest innovations, not updated on the physics part, and under license or in any case of which we know that the modder has to use only real data with very great rigor (example: F3, GP3, MR1, Palatov D4).

It is not the feeling or the immersion that I seek, but the realism that one can hope to have by driving such and such a car.

16. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

I feel like a new total driver, like having to learn from scratch (this racing is so different). What would you recommend to start with?

Also, I unsibscribed of all mods, and uninstalled the game. Next time I install it (later when I arrive home) will the game download the paid cars and tracks? Or will it download nothing?

17. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I recommend for a new driver to avoid manual gearboxes and old cars at the start, this creates difficulties that are not necessary.

Personally I love GTs, and the totality of GT3 (11 soon 13 cars), all GTE, the Porsche Cup (exists in three versions with different physics that can be found in the showroom), are excellent (I never used them with driving aids, I don't know what they are worth with).

If you like OW, the 6 tatuus and the F3 of Slowmotion are excellent to progress.

The small Radical XX (dlc) is perfect for small layouts.

The M2 is interesting but not healthy enough (excessive understeer even at high speed).

But all the cars I have mentioned are interesting to drive.

I believe that during the installation of the game, I believe that a certain number of mods will be installed, it will be necessary to go on steam to uninstall certain mods.

Griffin Johnson likes this.
  18. eRacer_

eRacer_ Registered

yeah, too many things I won't use. The Flat6 mod looks very interesting for a newbie. Small tracks that require skill or big tracks like Paul Richard? WHat would be best for a starter?

19. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

The cars mentioned above seem good to me to start with.

But above all you have to take cars that you like!

20. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

This is the most important thing about it. You are supposed to be having fun if not then change something.
    Pick a car you fancy give it a go see how it feels to you tweak the setup a little to see if you can improve the bits you want to. If you feel given enough time you can’t get in with it move on.

Recommendations above are a decent starting point if any grab your attention