SOLVED Strange Steam-RF2 issue / stutters

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Comante, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Comante

Comante Registered

Recently I'm experiencing this situation :
    Steam request me to log in each time I boot my PC
    then RF2 request to restart downloading all workshop item.
    The problem is that on the hard disk, all the workshop item that I always had, is effectively missing, so download seems legit, but this is already the second time happening in a week.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Can it be that you or someone else, that is allowed to use your steam games, did login into steam with another account and started rfactor 2?
    I did have that a while ago and all my workshop items were uninstalled.

3. Comante

Comante Registered

I have only 1 account, i fear something went broke in steam when it had done ctd due to some OC experiment after a cpu change

4. Comante

Comante Registered

My other steam games are ok, I've read on the web that this hicckup happened to other with rf2 , but was unable to find the same solution.. and I have to download the content anyway

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Deleting and let it reistall everything with a few PC restart solved the problem. Now everything seems perfect, except for the fact that my pc seems to struggle to keep the same performance as before. Probably many years ago I've make some tweaks here and there to gain some fps. Need to investigate the issue, maybe is not even rf2 fault, but steam as I have never seen before pop up menu just after firing rf2.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

In Steam disabled ALL options relative to this title about streamings, overlay, remote play, big picture mode and so on.