[REL] SMMG Formula 3 Series (2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024) 2.20

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 22, 2018.

1. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Awesome...as usual, Marco

Slow Motion likes this.
  2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

WIP BETA build 0.8 is available and first post has been updated.

As I already wrote in previous posts, this is a main update on graphics side and also improved on physics side.

The skin template changes, as well the driver and gloves templates. Enjoy the mod!

makan, GeraArg, Churrinche and 12 others like this.
  3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Great job! Cars look great already.
    I just raced couple times on Portland with 20 AI. I had 98% difficulty and had to lower by few percents. Second race was real fun.
    I was wondering what happened with DRS, but it turns out Portland doesn't support it. I tried Silverstone and it works.
    It seems to me the car is a bit slower than previous versions, because I couldn't keep up with my ghost. Maybe I just got "rusty":)

I must say the car still handles great. You can abuse it (don't know if it's the right word) , or drive over the limit. Rear slides more than GP3 mod, but the slides are still fairly easily catchable. It's not unforgiving as some cars i.e. NTT 2020 Indycar Mod.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  4. wickedfable

wickedfable Registered

Really amazing work as always guys! I was just wondering, is there any specific tracks you guys tend to use for testing and confirming the accuracy of the cars?

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Internally we use Silverstone with hard tire as reference. Feedback from "other" people come from Valencia, Monza and Zandvoort.

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Good catch! Probably we were very lucky because in effect what I love in the car is the way it behaves and reacts loosing grip!
    Sincerely I'm not able to give a judgment about the rear... I agree that it seems sliding a little bit more than expected. At low speed it can be a mech matter, but feedback we got from "other" people is not exactly the same on this point: I mean somebody told me that it is eccessive, somebody that it is okay! I cannot have a direct contact, live, to discuss about it, maybe some change in the setting (also if I asked for default set), maybe different track conditions... What we have now is the best I can do in terms of "external" feedback.
    On fast corners and in general for aero we are still working to go closer to the real car, because data show we still need some little adjustment. Keeping it easy, this public build shows these results from MoTeC vs. real car data:
    • Drag: 99-100% of Dallara data
    • Front downforce: 10% too low
    • Rear downforce: 15% too low
    Now we are focused on aero. Once we'll arrive to our target, closing the gap for front and rear downforce, without "collateral damages", we'll see.

leseb64, GeraArg, avenger82 and 2 others like this.
  7. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

That's pretty accurate. AFAIK most mods don't have real aero data, so it's complete guesswork.
    Perhaps after downforce is increased slightly, the car will slide a little bit less etc.

So real F3 drivers have different opinion about rear sliding behavior in the mod? Generally that's not uncommon to have different opinons from real drivers about a car in a game. It depends on many factors. Even which rig they use etc. It's subjective feel. But in this case it probably also depends on track conditions (real vs sim).

It would be nice to have feedback from real drivers again after you finalize aero adjustments.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Slow Motion likes this.
  8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

it's time to update skins, just after the first 2 events...

20200712180612_1.jpg 20200712180541_1.jpg

atomed, makan, Gilles Benoit and 7 others like this.
  9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Due to the severe accident of last year, the FIA updated the dashdoard of the Formula 3 adding a gauge that shows in colors (from blue = regular to red = slow deflation of a tire due to a not perceivable puncture or some else) the status of the pressure of each tire.
    In case of RED, driver must immediately go to box.

And we are proud to add this new gauge, working! into the steering wheel of our mod.
    It works thanks to a workaround, because rFactor2 doesn't manage any analog gauge for this purpose (only a digital one), but you know us... LOL

F320_pressure_gauge.jpg

In few words, we have a range where in case of puncture still not needs to go to the box, to regular pressure and tire cells are shown in light blue: 60kpa + = about 8.7 psi +, but when deflation decreases too much and low pressure becomes dangerous, the tire cell of the damaged tire becomes red!
    We cannot simulate and show red cell only in the range 0.1 kpa to 9.9 kpa. Any other value works.

It is a plus to the mod, because I fear that you will see a red cell once in your life, maybe... LOL
    As usual, thank you @redapg !

Akela_DE, leseb64, svictor and 10 others like this.
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

amazing! Could you circle the indicator on your instrumentation?

11. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I let you mates to discover the new gauge... LOL zooming in to look at it!

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

ok, I see it now, left front is flat. GOOD WORK!

Slow Motion likes this.
  13. svictor

svictor Registered

Great work with new dashboard!

Have one question: does RF2 really simulate tyre deflation & puncture?
    Because so far in RF2, I have never seen a tyre loss pressure, especially when using lowest pressure, which is one of the reason most people run lowest pressure for best grip (while in ACC, low pressure can lead to easy deflation). Also never seen a tyre puncture & explode, even when tyre health bar reaches zero.

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Need help, please!

Doe's anybody read this sticker? Hitech #6

hitech#6.jpg

Thank you!

15. senormen

senormen Registered

Slow Motion and DrivingFast like this.
  16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

[QUOTE="senormen, post: 1034398, member:
    looks like collicare . . .[/QUOTE]

I have glasses but I need more than glasses, lol
    Thank you!

senormen likes this.
  17. RoWo

RoWo Member

Slow Motion likes this.
  18. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

The logo looks more red on the car pictures than the google link.

19. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

SMMG = SIMPLY MEGA MODS GURANTEED ! ! ! :cool:

What you have built here is just simply absolutely awesome!
    I was never a big formula fan, but this mod made me curious about your interesting topic.
    I feel your love for this project in every detail.
    The Visor Mod in VR mode alone is the best I've seen so far. I'm already looking forward to the upcoming animation when the rain is wiped off the visor. Seperate suits and helmets.
    A detailed cockpit!

"I feel the tire slip in the wheel like never before (big bonus !!!)."

Where should I go?
    Here meticulous setup work is mandatory to be able to perform.
    The FFB is simply butter-soft and passes on the information to the pilot that is necessary.
    Wonderful! I thank you for this.
    It just feels round from A to Z.
    I wish that S397 will take you to the team. This is the perfect application :);).

(Marcell, be quick before another big team takes these guys off the market!:cool::D:p)

Edit:
    What I forgot: How absolutely sensitive braking has to be done here! It is amazing how little brake input is slowed down here. An absolutely new experience for me. I've never had to start with 90% AI, here it is :) .

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We are closed to the next build WIP BETA 0.83 with a lot of little things done:
    - updated ALL liveries after the first events
    - updated some helmet/suit for same reason
    - replaced Kari with Stanek
    - fixed engine torque at 2750rpm
    - updated some 3d parts
    - replaced TPMS antenna with the new one (FIA 2020)
    - updated gear options in showroom due to new calendar (FIA 2020, still waiting for Mugello info)
    - updated aero due to data results
    - updated TGM due to data results
    - new dash with working analog TPMS

All changes to the physics are not definitive and are very very slight, maybe hardly noticeable.

Due to some little 3d changes also the main template changes and could change again in the future.

Look at the new TPMS antenna (back the rollbar) and, for this car, new livery and new helmet

20200729105836_1.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020