Le Mans Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AUY2K, Jun 30, 2020.

1. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

I was hoping for a Steam sale Le Mans pack that included the track and the cars, but it did not happen.

so yesterday I bit the bullet and purchased the track pack that included Le Mans. I also purchased the Ferrari 488, and the Aston Martin GTE (I already had the other GTE cars and LMP.)

I wanted to recreate the official 24 hour virtual race with the liveries. The liveries are AWESOME!

After getting everything setup I wanted to test the various GTE cars to see which one I could stand driving for an extended period of time - stability and handling.

Out of all the GTE cars that were in the virtual race my top car to drive was the Aston Martin. It seemed to be the most stable. The vette and Porsche were too unpredictable especially the Porsche and the back end getting loose when braking.
    My second favorite car was the Ferrari.

I would really like to race with the vette but I would not feel comfortable driving that car for an extended period of time .., something would definitely happen at some point with me losing control. I just feel that I can push the Aston Martin and feel totally comfortable with it throughout the whole race.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    franser likes this.
  2. franser

franser Registered

Good friend, after the update of bop and inertias the gte cars feel fantastic. What you mention about the porsche that releases the tail in braking happens because a lot of weight is transferred to the front axle leaving the rear axle without the necessary weight, you can solve it by distributing more weight to the rear axle and you will see how the car is very stable under braking and you will gain traction leaving the curves

3. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

Thanks for the reply franser. I assume I would make those adjustments for the Porsche with brake bias?

4. franser

franser Registered

I use the brake bias at 54:46, to distribute the weights you must raise the front of the car or lower the rear, for example: front height 55mm, rear height 57mm

davehenrie likes this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Thanks, franser, too often we get replies like 'open the diff' when many many users have no idea HOW to open the differential. Thanks for esplain'n that to Augy Boy!

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

And back to the original post, S397 in the June Roadmap stated they will put in place a ONE TIME fix for those who don't have all the DLC cars. You HAVE to match the server to join. So if the server has all the GT3 cars, you too must have all the GT3 cars. If the server has a mix of all the GT3 and GTE/LMP packs, then you also need all the cars to join THAT server. If the server just has the Ferrari 488 GTE loaded, then all you will need is that car.

7. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

@davehenrie. Thanks for the clarification.

@franser. Those adjustments helped greatly! Thanks!

8. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

you might as well harden the front ARB, soften the rear, harden front suspension, soften rear, etc...height is not the only way to fix this rear problem (but could work as well) it depends when and how you "lose" the rear and depends on setup capabilities remaining for each element (if rear is already really low, even lower than front, this is not the solution for example).

9. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

differential is a tricky part of the setup actually, its consequences are different depending on the phase of the corner so "open the diff" is indeed a possibility but to a very precise issue, when someone tells that he is losing rear in the corner, we don't know if it is corner entry, mid or exit so we don't know if he is braking, coasting or accelerating...and you MUST know this if you plan to modify differential.

10. AUY2K

AUY2K Registered

It’s Loose for me when braking on corner entry. I have adjusted my braking start point earlier than usual as compared to the Aston Martin where I can brake a lot later without any issues.

11. franser

franser Registered

After the update of BOP and inertias of the gte, in this video we can see the similarities of the real car with the virtual one in sebring