Is this the right way to solve a problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 8bar, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Jihemme if you bought a pack and didn't get some cars in it, that's a technical issue. Buying those cars isn't a solution.

The 488 isn't in a pack. You have to buy it separately.

2. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Wasn't aware the 488 wasn't in the GTE pack (well...beyond any kind of logic for me but not a big issue), the problem arose for each single car that wasn't present when purchasing the pack that later was available.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Note that the previous 5-car packs are no longer in the workshop. There's now a combined 10-car GT3 pack, currently half price. That might be confusing you.

4. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Possible...am I the only one to think that it is a tiny bit misleading ?

And why doesn't those who bought the 5 cars pack had lower price for 10 cars one ?

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There's a whole few pages of that discussion in the Steam Summer Sale thread. I'm not going to start it again here.

6. 8bar

8bar Registered

Hi Bernd,
    it seems like no one wants to solve this problem.
    I have checked everything and had all the necessary numbers but who cares?
    Steam quickly told me to contact Studio397 and Studio397 didn't answer my mail at all and closed my previous post here very quickly.
    So this will probably not change anymore - what a pity.
    Greetings
    Tommy

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@8bar not to be picky, but people here asked you some questions you aren't answering.

8. 8bar

8bar Registered

I guess that I wrote my last mail to Studio397 on 20.03.2020 and not counting the ones before to Steam, you did read wrong too, right?
    It was even written in bold letters, just the way you like.

9. 8bar

8bar Registered

Dear JimmyT,
    please tell me exactly where you think I was not polite or respectful.
    Please also try to imagine that I have already written a lot of very polite mails to Steam and Studio397 and as you can see, it hasn't helped me at all.
    And please tell me also, if you write here a post and it just gets closed within a very short time and you don't even get the chance to answer - is that polite and respectful too?

10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

After making the steam wallet transaction by paypal/steam, did you also "authorize" (the button for purchase confirmation is named this way) the buy for sure?

Otherwise, you have bought the needed balance (what was possible back then) and then not activated the purchase for the package itself. You will still receive a purchase confirmation for the balance and the pay pal transaction to your wallet but the purchase of the package itself wasn't completed. Sometimes the content then remains in the shopping cart, though.(Which could be obsolete anyway after the packaging has changed)

11. 8bar

8bar Registered

That's exactly what I thought, that's why I turned to Steam first (as I've described several times before).
    But they didn't feel like taking care of it and simply told me to contact Studio397 and as you can see, they are not really interested in this problem too.
    Why I'm writing here is because I was hoping to be able to buy the GT3 pack again for 7.50 Euros during the summer sale, which has just started, for the same price I paid before.
    I'm not frustrated, I'm just wondering what people here suggest or think they know.

12. dylbie

dylbie Registered

It does indeed sound like a problem with the Steam purchasing process. Either you didn't authorise at the final step, or something else went wrong. The only way is to properly check the transation details of your paypal/bank against the emails you received at the time. If you didn't get a receipt of the purchase then Steam, nor Studio397 will have registered you've actually made the purchase so again it's going to be tricky to resolve.

If you paid via Paypal or on a credit card you could open a dispute about not receiving goods you've paid for, and you might have more luck with them than opening a dispute with two companies which have no record of a purchase ever being made.

13. CrimsonEminence

Again:
    Did you click "authorize" or did you just payed the wallet balance, without completing the "authorize" step?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As we already said in this thread, it sounds like you never actually purchased the content.

The pack you bought is no longer for sale. What IS for sale is both previous GT3 packs, now in one pack, for 50% off. So double what you paid, but double the cars. The question is whether the 7.50 you paid is still sitting in steam somewhere, so you could put it towards the new GT3 pack.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  15. 8bar

8bar Registered

@Yzangard
    @Jihemme
    @Lazza

What I'm wondering about now is, if the GT3 Pack in the Summersale says 50% on it and it costs 15 Euros - do they really want to charge 30 Euros for it when the Summersale is over?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

YES!

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@8bar you bought (or tried to buy) a pack with 5 cars.

The GT3 pack now has 10 cars.

18. 8bar

8bar Registered

Yes, I have authorized it for sure.

19. CrimsonEminence

Then you can try to do some maths with purchase history, if your wallet amount for the pack was maybe never removed from your account, that would mean, you haven't made a final DLC purchase (maybe due to a server hickup), but a steam wallet fill-up. So the unfortunate thing then would be, the repackaging now, of course, but the fortunate thing would be, you haven't lost your balance on your account.

Btw, the repackaging of the GT3 contains of ALL GT3 cars now, that are avaiable for rF2, so the price went up, of course.

20. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You came here with an attitude, wanting to be combative with anyone trying to help you.... so guess what that gets you? Nothing.

So anyway.... what do you see in the list here for purchases? https://store.steampowered.com/account/history/

lagg likes this.