[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. knackko

knackko Registered

So quick ! thank you !
    Just a quick note about removing not assigned results: it seems that linked qualify sessions to assigned races are removed.
    This week end, ODS R2LA will be under load: 18 races in 24h :)

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Thanks for noticing. I will try to fix this, it does not look easy...

3. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Small fix.
    • Fixed error when Qualifying logs for assigned Races were not selected on "Remove logs not assigned to championships" action and for "Assigned To Championship/Not assigned To Championship" filter.
    Uploaded 2.058.34 to same link without version change.

In this case, those who already have installed version 2.058.34 can re-download archive, stop r2la and overwrite rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.34\web2py\applications\r2la\compiled folder with new one.

knackko likes this.
  4. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

If you have two ethernet ports connected how do you get log analyzer to choose the one that has internet access?

5. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't know. If there are different IPs on this ports, then maybe you can choose IP in the web2py server list before starting server.

6. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Under public all i see is 0.0.0.0

upload_2020-6-27_13-49-45.png

7. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Okay choosing 0.0.0.0 makes it available over the internet ;)

8. Davvid

Davvid Registered

I have kind of similar request. Would it be possible to have separate page cookies I guess for different instances (ports) of r2la on the same IP? As it is when I log to one instance I immediately get log out of the other.

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

@Davvid I’m just curious, why two instances running?

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Davvid, cookies/sessions are controlled automatically by web2py. There is a way to set cookies in code for me, but after reading a bit on this topic I can not see easy way to do what you requested with my knowledge level. I would be doing something which I really don't understand completely and can break something. As I understand, current cookie value (which includes only IP) must stay as it is for web2py to correctly retrieve users session on request.

11. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Well, having 3-4 servers it's more readable for us.

Thanks for that insight. I was afraid it could be complicated. We'll manage multiple logins then.

Goanna likes this.
  12. DirkB

DirkB Registered

Ho, thanks for the great work.
    Is there any commandline option to start the server, so it can be started as a service?

13. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There is an option, but it is for non-compiled version of web2py as far as I understand. I use only compiled version for distribution. On web2py forum I found posts that somebody used web2py.exe as service with the help of "Non-Sucking Service Manager" (http://nssm.cc/usage)
    Maybe you can try it or other generic tools that help run programs as services.

14. DirkB

DirkB Registered

Hi thanks a lot, exactly for NSSM I was looking for a solution :)
    youre the man

For anybody interested to start rf2log Analyzer using NSSM:
    After creating the initial profile using localhost and setting the port and password, you're ready to create your service
    First field: in nssm contains the path to your web2py.exe
    Second field: the startup Directory
    Third field: -a <your Password> -i <Your Public IP> -p <your Port>
    and you're ready to start your service

I hope it will help a little

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020
    Nibo likes this.
  15. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

We done a multi-class race at Portland on the 2nd July and the results can be seen in the link below. Is it possible to show the car classes on the results?

http://62.210.178.134:8000/

16. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Classes will be visible only if you attach this results to some championship and view result from championship page. Even if it is non-championship race, you can create "fake" championship, select "CarClass" for "Championship car classes" championship option and classes will be visible. I did not add "Class" column to Results Viewer session report table, because many cars/mods (unlike official GTE and GT3 cars) have long names in CarClass tag and it really does not add much info, but takes a lot of space and can "break" table formatting. I need to save space.

TOCA2FREAK likes this.
  17. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

I am trying to update from the version x32 to x34. As inditicated in the instruction, I searched the file "r2la_settings.json" on the old installation directory to copy it in the new one, but no way to find it. Am I doing something wrong? Alternatively, is there a way to "force" the new installation to re-check all the log files? (even if long, it's not a problem). :)

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

There can be no r2la_settings.json file if you did not create any championships or did not change any options. Or if you have championships and there is still no r2la_settings.json file, then there is an error when r2la trying create one. Go to any championship options page in your old r2la, change some parameter, press "Save" and look in cmd window if there is some error. One reason for this error can be that you have named something in championship (like Championship Name, Team Name, Class Name) and used non-ASCII symbols (Germanic umlaut, for example). Change any such names to Latin symbols only.

r2la should re-check all files when you press "Refresh" or "Check for new logs" buttons. If some files changed, it should pick-up this changes. Only way to make completely fresh database table for xmls is to unzip new r2la instance and complete a first r2la start.

19. cialtronen

cialtronen Registered

Hi @Nibo. Thanks for the feeback.

I followed the second option because in fact I had no championship. I am using r2la just to track my laps and to have a database with the best lap time records. As you said, the new r2la instance detected all the log files. So it was good :)

Nevertheless I noted a problem. The reason because I looked for the new version was the fact that since 3 weeks the record table was not anymore updated even if I had some lap time new records in some circuit/car and most of all I drove on new tracks. The new tracks were not added in the records list. Now, running the new version of r2la, the record table includes only track/car used in the last 3 weeks, i.e. since the moment of the problem. A lot of records track/car disappeared, i.e. all the records older than 3 weeks. Running again the old r2la installation, the old records are still there, while ther's no trace of the new records (and also new track/car). It's like that something happened 3 weeks ago which changed the way r2la works, but I did not do anything.

20. Nibo

Nibo Registered

So on new version you can see log files and their reports in Results Viewer and at the same time you can not see your best lap times from that logs on Records page? Maybe you changed your in-game name 3 weeks ago? r2la automatically picks up your in-game name from your rF2 player.json file on the first r2la start, when you complete first form. Even if your name was not changed drastically, maybe you re-entered your name and there is a trailing white space at the end, for r2la it would be different name.