A few Formula E questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J0E, Jun 26, 2020.

1. J0E

J0E Registered

I've been wanting to try the Formula E (I mostly drive the Oreca lately) and decided to grab the bundle on sale. To me, it is a completely different driving experience. But I'd like to know a couple of things. These are elementary but I could not find answers. First, the torque map buttons, what do they do? I suspect they give you a speed boost while overtaking. The price is battery life? The engine brake map buttons: I suspect the higher you set it the more you charge the battery while braking? Is the price that you have less braking power and would have to brake earlier? Does the brake-by-wire feature help negate some of the fact that sims don't do pedal force feedback (the distance the pedal is pressed is considered rather than the pressure)? With this brake-by-wire feature, would there be any need/benefit to using ABS help? I consider abs help a tradeoff because there is no actual feel in the brake pedal on my G27. Finally, here's one I'd really like some help with. On the FE cars, I have a hard time in VR with the apex of the corners. The front wheel perfectly blocks my view, resulting in me turning in too much and brushing the wall or going too far out because I can't see the apex. I've not noticed this in any other car I've driven and it must be my problem. Or maybe that's just the way it is and you have to learn to cope.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

The brake map sets the charger thats connected to the rear wheels, so if you set it to the max, it's pretty much a handbrake, so you need to be really careful, or you can easily lock the rear tires up. Engine map, you're right, same as an ICE, more power means more fuel.

3. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  4. J0E

J0E Registered

Where are the Gen2 2020 cars stored? There's no directory for them that I can find. I was going to create my own series and when I went to add the vehicles, only the 2018 and 2019 folders showed up. In the launcher packages there is only a listing for the 2019 and 2018 cars. Yet, when I go to the menu to select a car, I see 2018, 2019 and 2020.

5. J0E

J0E Registered

Nevermind, they're part of the 2019 mas. Both the 2019 and 2020 cars are in the 2019 mas file.