AI Multiclass / positions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shadak, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Registered

So I know of certain AI issues I wont mention now but I wanted setup a multiclass race for fun and something really bothered me.

I did a (official content) LMP2, LMP3, GTE race.
    The amount of cars of each class was wrong but thats fine, booting and adding AI doesnt bother me too much. So I do that and some LMP3 cars did a worse quali time than GTE. Come race session, the LMP3 starts behind the GTE, is that right? Is there somewhere I need to setup to have the cars of the same class together? This was on a mod track so I tested it on an official track and encountered same issue.

Main problem is the faster class car will almost never get through the slower one on first lap because due to no blue flag the GTE will defend quite heavily. (tbh even under blue flag all this seems to be very messy).

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I'm not aware of any league that guarantees classes of cars stay together. IMSA will place a DPi that failed to qualify at the back of the DPi grid, but if the DPi had posted a slower time, it would have been in the group of non DPi cars. You might find better results to more consistent qualifying by making sure you allow all the cars to complete the Q session. Don't truncate qualifying. You can accelerate time all you want, but give the AI a full shake.

3. Shadak

Shadak Registered

Ah ok so it would be like that IRL? Just wanted to check as for example iRacing puts the cars together no matter the results but I wasnt sure which is correct.

Thanks

4. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

As mentioned, do a quali session for most realistic spread.

I do recall that in real life LMP3 and GTE are very close in performance so those two can get mixed. Might be worth checking real world ELMS qual times.