Time to step up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chickster, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Binny

Binny Guest

OMG i hope rf2 does not go down the path of ACC 1 series that would destroy rf2 for me. I think once consumers have access to a online comp system rf2 will grow a lot, in the mean time races like this just increase the spotlight & interest till its release. I have faith in S397 producing an online comp system to rival iracing as everyone knows it has its faults especially the rating system.

2. Wayne Hutchison

Wayne Hutchison Registered

I hope S397 does a much better job with their online competition system than Kunos has with ACC. Every time I log in and try to find a "Competition Server" it always says "no races available in your region" - that region being the Americas! Maybe they don't have many users in the Americas, but no providing ranked races in "prime time" won't help them sell more content or bring in new racers.

Binny likes this.
  3. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Might just be the case that ACC isn't as popular in the US compared to sims like iRacing. I think this phenomenon has alot to do with the content that is offered, so european focused sims will have have a harder time compared to NA focused sims in the US. There is certainly stuff that S397 can learn from the services offered allready. Something that would really give rF2 the edge compared to iRacing is the option to join races with friends. I hate that so much in iRacing that running in a public race with your friends is just a matter of luck.

avenger82 likes this.
  4. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I am aware that the option exists but it is not enforced all the time. This is a mistake imho.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

This is not a mistake.
    This is an option.
    If the server forces this view, it works all the time, never fails.

Siri and Filip like this.
  6. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

it shouldn't be an option, this is my opinion.

7. lagg

lagg Registered

An opinion is different than a mistake

Siri, McKiernan and Filip like this.
  8. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Ok, my opinion is that it is a mistake, are you happy now ? Can we focus on important matters or will we keep on playing with words ?

lagg likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think it was a mistake to point out his mistaken opinion while mistakenly thinking he wanted us to believe it was a mistake and needed to be correctly corrected. IMHO, of course!

lagg likes this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

It's a bit off topic, but I find it hard to understand that we want to use a different view than the cockpit view, in the most realistic simulation of the market.

In an arcade game it is normal, in a simulation it is curious.

davehenrie likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Totally agree, Early this year Daniel Ricardo was filmed breaking some track record with a sim, I watched about 5 seconds, saw he was flying above the roll hoop and sent him a message to man-up. :) Curiously, I never got a reply.....

12. Binny

Binny Guest

IMHO option is there to entice more ppl to buy the product. I also only use cockpit view.