Heusinkveld Sprints (no sim rig) need patend

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mesfigas, Jun 21, 2020.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

hi guys

i was thinking to skip fanatec clubsport pedals V3 and buy Heusinkveld spints
    but i dont have a sim rig to put them to be stable so i was wondering if there is any patent to do.
    anyone using them without a sim rig ?
    fanatec goes for 360 euros plus courrier which means 390
    and the spints goes around 730 or so with courrier

2. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

Screw on a wooden plate (for example, kitchen worktop because it's really heavy) and fix it to the floor with double-sided adhesive tape.

Holds like a bomb

mesfigas likes this.
  3. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yes something to hold it down

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What about the Fanatec Clubsport v3? Does that need a sim mount or will it work on the floor, for example, up against a wall.

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@davehenrie i read that needs sim mount but not so much like HE. sprint
    every load cell to give best results need to be on solid sim rig

6. Vanisch

Vanisch Registered

as dave has already written, you need at least a good base for these pedals.
    But I know that you can set the sprint relatively softly.
    But do you get a decent braking behavior?
    I am skeptical about that.

I had made the suggestion to you with the wooden plate. It always worked very well for me. You could already pedal pretty hard.

Not to be compared with a rig

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Definitely agree on that one.

I've seen people say they don't like a particular loadcell setup (usually a mod one, rather than a commercial one) because the pedal has hardly any travel. Presumably because with limited space to work with, the addition of a sprung LC assembly can leave little room for pedal travel. I have somewhat similar with my own setup, to avoid overstressing the spring I only have about 10mm brake pedal travel before I'm solid against the LC.

Now, it has to be said first that's an expectations thing. If you're using a LC and complaining about travel you're not used to it yet, because travel isn't the point. If you buy a nice LC with enough travel to make it comfortable at first that's cool, but still missing the point a bit.

Now what you definitely don't want is "full" to be too easy to hit. I've seen pedal mods with a 20kg LC mounted nearly halfway down the brake. Presumably people with that setup keep plenty of travel and it's really just a sprung pedal with a LC providing the measurement instead of a pot, because it's going to be hard to regulate force properly there. You'll continue to modulate via movement, and while you get the benefit of avoiding dirty pots you aren't getting the benefit of force measurement in any useful way.

I set mine up to have a 40-100kg range, knowing that mashing the brake really hard was going to feel too alien to go straight to it (turns out 100 is also more than my seat makes possible too, but that's another story). So I set it to 40, and struggled to brake past 50% without consciously trying to. But pretty quickly I'm finding 40 isn't actually that hard to hit, and after a bit more adapting time I think I'll move it up towards the 60 mark.

Too little force will probably be no improvement over a pot pedal, because you need a range to feel - bit like having a throttle with much less travel makes it harder to modulate.