[WIP] 1971 Porsche 917K

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by LeStrat, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I love it, just done 50 laps around Mosport. I of my top cars in Rf2.

Mauro likes this.
  2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Mark Hales was facing bankruptcy but there was a fundraising effort for him, I can't find the end of the story.

3. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

You know that from my side you have my total permission to make any changes you might like and publicly release the car (as the original idea I had is that this car belongs to rF2 community and not solely a person), but of course you may also need the permission from Apex Team.

I would also like to further work on this car myself, but finding just 5 spare minutes is quite a hard mission currently.

Corti, atomed, jayarrbee36 and 3 others like this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Big thanks @LeStrat it is very kind, and thanks for trusting. I have been balancing some stuff recently, and I have good feeling about it. I absolutely will talk to Yoss, I already did, but since then I just kept getting one bit better, and then next bit better and still haven't sent a new version, and first one wasn't very good, so next one better be good.

There is a lot gained with .hdv. Initially I improved and broke some handling features from original .hdv, but then I have fixed a lot since. I also reworked tires slightly, they do peak higher, and drop lower, rear tires are also having tighter response to slip - less of a drift machine, but still powerslides well when set correctly to it, just as much as it was ever captured on film. It is quite a journey to make or attempt to make car realistic, and well handling too, although the two seems inseparable. It is not too easy to keep some of the visually observable and known handling features and keep known realistic technical characteristics (hello, 75/75 differential, and heavily rearwards weight distribution), while at the same time getting good handling. But I think it might be happening now, at least I feel so. Will see what others think.

[​IMG]

5. yoss

yoss Registered

Mantas : We sent you a long time ago what we have as datas ( a loooot of thing) and what we have used with lestrat .Use them like we do .
    Everything entered in the phsyics in the actual mod are from real datas .But We plan to update soon a lot of thing on the hdv ( clutch and gearbox) and the 512s is incomming .
    May be better to continue in mp ,can be interresting .

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
    Churrinche, Corti, hitm4k3r and 6 others like this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That sounds great. Might it be possible for the upcomming update to have the mirrors on the 917 as an optional car upgrade so that the history nerds can drive the beauty as it was seen in racing action without the side mirrors? That would be the icing on the cake for the Porsche. Also really looking forward to the 512 and the physics updates. :)

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.