Celebrating the 24 hours of Le Mans Virtual

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

The 24 Hours of Le Mans, an iconic event, representing the best of endurance motorsport. Even though racing for 24 hours sounds impressive enough already, this event is way more than that! Take a look at our journey, from preparation to the checkered flag:

https://www.studio-397.com/2020/06/celebrating-24h-lmv/

Comments and feedback below ;)

2. RoWo

RoWo Member

Well done S397! Big congratulations!!!

:)

David O'Reilly and davehenrie like this.
  3. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

let's go!

congrats to everyone involved in this!

David O'Reilly likes this.
  4. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

I already wrote it in the other thread, I was very proud and enthusiastic during the race and now I am even more so after realizing how big this event really was. I can only say congratulations for this great event it was definitely a motorsport highlight this year. And it was a great promotion for my favourite simulation

5. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Yes, very hot action, congratulations.

6. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Great read, absolutely amazing accomplishment!

7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Great achievement and a landmark in simracing history.

8. williang83

williang83 Registered

In my previous post definitely i gave too much focus on the negative things that happened of this event but I have to say that the positive was way bigger than the negatives. So I would like to say congratulations to this achievement and hope that's the beginning of many others, just don't forget the SP community. Waiting for an opportunity to take part of events like this in rF2 platform with the competition mode as soon as it is released.

GG 397

TJones likes this.
  9. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Congrats for all S397 team, what a job, it was extremly cool to see all petrolheads enyoing the race, some new for a lot of people a new type of motorsport, hopefully this will be a turning point and S397 did it!!!
    [​IMG]

So some semi-related question, the current content will be update like the Ferrari 488?, the new materials in the cockpit?, looks like a new game, quite beautiful. :p

10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Congratulations to the whole S397 team.

I crossed my fingers for 24 hours hoping that the event a will be a success for rFactor 2.

We all want the success of S397.

Thank you.

David O'Reilly and Mark Lloyd like this.
  11. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Registered

Congratulations to the team. Very good job, these events help improving the sim.
    It was a good race

12. tobgun

tobgun Registered

Congratulations - what an effort, what a success!
    I can see the S397 strategy and it is paying off.
    No compromise on realism, best tactile feedback, thats what lures drivers in.
    I am so glad it worked out well as now the future of my favourite sim feels more secure.

13. Ricardo Diz

Ricardo Diz Registered

Well done! Congratulations on the huge achievement!

It seems all came together to showcase what has been done in the past couple of years and the state of the art. Also, well deserved opportunity for new potential collaborations that will surely enhance the unique racing simulation software that is rFactor 2.

14. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Awesome event y'all who put it together. Had some friends over and they thought we were watching the "real" race, on TV. They were shocked when I told them it was a virtual event. What really blew them away was when we fired up rF2 and they experienced the 24hrs, driving the Ferrari, in my office. Your expertise in pulling this together is
    Can't wait for your coming update

15. pascom

pascom Registered

Well done !!!

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I want to add my heartfelt congratulations for an amazing event. The fact the the race director was able to stop and restart the race without dumping the competitors was a huge bonus. When I first saw the twitter headline that the server had crashed, I EXpected a sudden crash to desktop for all the competitors. Then to read allll the improvements and fixes required to pull this off, in a rather short amount of time shows the quality of the S397 team.
    ...well....
    I
    can't
    help
    but
    ask..........
    You pulled off a near miracle in a short amount of time....why can't the other issues large and small be addressed in a similar matter?

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

I have just read through the latest news on the S397 website regarding the Le Mans celebrations. Sitting here having a beer in the early hours after a Saturday of simracing and setting up a remote dedicated server, I feel v happy! Reading brings back last weekend all over again. I can only imagine the feeling folks involved must have felt when the lights went green by remembering what it felt like to be part of the crew on the first day of a big music festival, but I dont think that even comes close. Bravo folks! Bravo!

18. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Well done S397 credit to you for the effort you've put into this event. You deserve all the congratulations. The future looks bright.

19. Juergen Wellbrock

Juergen Wellbrock Registered

I Love it...:)

20. evi

evi Registered

Congratulations on the event ! Hopefully this style (and class) of events will continue even after pandemic is over.

I have to ask, blog post mentions that cars had a BOP adjustment, but does not mention that this adjustment will trickle down to publicly available cars. Skins - yes, updated track - yes (Thank you very much for that!), but nothing about physics updates.

Comante likes this.