Anglesey Circuit v1.06

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Corti, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Corti

Corti Registered

ANGLESEY CIRCUIT (AC conversion)

First, many thanks to Tyrone for the permission to bring his AC version of Anglesey Circuit to rFactor 2.
    This conversion was a big challenge, many things are consider first time for us, with trials and errors. During the process, we have decided to rework and add many objects and textures with various real life reference from recent year, in hope to further enhance the immersion of this beautiful track. We are happy with the things we have achieved so far, and looking forward to see more races on this track. Enjoy!

CREDITS:
    Original AC version by: Tyrone
    RF2 conversion by: S.Victor & Corti
    Additional borrowed assets from ISI/S397
    All various logo assets belong to their respected owners

NOTE:
    This track & conversion is made and available free for everyone, and should not be sold or charged for money.
    For more info about original AC version, please visit release page:
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/anglesey-circuit-trac-môn-wet-weather.9100/

TRACK INFO:
    - Two layouts: International GP (2.10 Miles) & Coastal (1.55 Miles)
    - 42 Garage Spots+ Grids
    Note: Pitlane holds max 42 cars and works perfectly for online racing. However due to relatively small area, it is advised not to run more than 22 cars (21 AI) in singleplayer, otherwise AI will have trouble getting out garage.
    - 60KPH pitlane speed limit

9.png 1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png 10.png

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
    Bostrom, Travis, SRGP and 18 others like this.
  2. MaitreGonzo

MaitreGonzo Registered

Thank you. Nice work.

pascom likes this.
  3. dazzer

dazzer Registered

It looks great, I'll try it as soon as I have time.:D:D
    Just a query, can't it be taken to steam?

4. Heikki21

Heikki21 Registered

svictor, Corti and GPNeville like this.
  5. dazzer

dazzer Registered

6. Corti

Corti Registered

sry, with emotion I forgot to put the link. :rolleyes: first post edited :D

thx @Heikki21 ;)

pkelly, svictor and Mauro like this.
  7. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i didn't know this track, thanks for your work guys!

Corti and svictor like this.
  8. dazzer

dazzer Registered

I just tested the track, and it's amazing. :cool:
    just out of curiosity, will they convert something else from the same author? :D
    I think he also has a version of Willow Springs

svictor, Manfredk2 and Mauro like this.
  9. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I think Willow Springs is already converted :) I'm not 100% sure if it is that exact track, but it is pretty epic.

atomed and svictor like this.
  10. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Wonderful track ! Thanks for original modeler and for converters, it is truly a good and nicely done track. I have never seen too much of it, and never driven it, it was very nice one to discover. But I couldn't share an opinion on accuracy, but I can say that it is exciting !

It is flatest rollercoaster track :D Undulations and elevations are very awesome, but few vertical objects keeps sense of flatness somehow. Of course it isn;t flat at all, and lack of vertical objects makes it very difficult to learn and to maintain proper racing line and timing. Good challenge. It reminds me a bit of Ahvenisto - not too much speeding, a rollercoaster with nice flow and one tight turn too many.

As for criticism, as if like anyone cares about it, don't have too much in mind really, simply liked so much of it. I just failed to get it to run with plenty of characteristic clouds, which would fit it very much, four times I drove it for 10mins sky was always rather dull, perhaps I should try more settings. I guess it is obvious why sky is so important to this track. It is pretty picturescue track. Another thing which I didn't like was the ocean, it just didn't look nice to me.

svictor likes this.
  11. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if anyone has ever gone over the wall and into the ocean?

atomed, lagg, svictor and 1 other person like this.
  12. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for all the kind words and suggestion.

At the moment we have a very very big track conversion in work, something similar to the size of Targa, that's all I can say for now. So probably won't have time for other projects for a while.

Good point with sky, it probably due to the fog that was disabled in 1118, which vastly downgraded sky horizon looking (distanced mountain no longer have proper lighting and fog effect). The screenshot below was taken before 1118 with old fog:
    20200502014044_1.jpg

Hope it will be restored soon.

In the meantime, I have tried change "sky" setting in session to "Light Clouds", and it seems to improve the dull feeling:
    05.37.237.jpg

Bostrom, atomed, pkelly and 5 others like this.
  13. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

If you're going for authenticity, it should be heavy clouds most of the time, & chucking it down. :p

Also, track temps should be about 10-15 degree below average. :eek:

:D

Thanks for the work, look forward to a clear & dry track, something I never got on my trackday there.

14. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

:p

G0041048.JPG

Next day I decided to go on the motorway for one of the few times I've done that in my car... and it was closed for 6 hours in the burning sun :mad:
    hourLater.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    atomed, Travis, Dave^ and 3 others like this.
  15. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Apologies for going off topic @Corti and @svictor - I'm looking forward to trying out this track - I used the AC one to learn the layout before the track day :cool: If it's any help I have hundreds of stills from the track - I set my GoPro to time lapse instead of video... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Dave^ and Corti like this.
  16. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

I've got some gopro footage, but I don't think interior shots of a pirouetting MX5 will help.... rain + a sump full of Honda oil at Church = weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :eek:

atomed and Corti like this.
  17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't know, I am in no luck, anything I choose the sky is just bwoah... all the time, of course it is probably not a track problem but rF2, the sky isn't often nice in rF2.

Another thing I paid attention today is that tarmac seems to lack graphical detail, and specularity of tarmac is rather flat also. Grass specularity is always super tricky, seems to be some though. I think ocean could use some shader improvemtns, specular stuff... it is not something driver look at, but it is something that can not be not seen and it is big accent of this scenery.

svictor and dazzer like this.
  18. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

What a track and what a job, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Travis

Travis Registered

A fantastic job indeed.

Love the track-side grass too; it should be used more often instead of the usual flat grass.

20. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks. Maybe try build up some proper rubber & marble, it will make surface more variant (the real life track surface isn't very dirty though, from the pictures and videos that I have seen, just some rubber and skid mark here and there.) The included medium rubber preset was generated by weather panel, which lack of "racing line" and scattered marble.

Good point on specular. It usually cause more trouble than helping. And there is some limitation to what I can do. Since the AC track uses a single google texture mapped onto a huge single mesh, which are the grass land & sea, this also prevented me from using RF2's multi-layer grass tech. I'll try experiment a bit more on that.

Bostrom, Corti, atomed and 1 other person like this.