Latest news - 24 hours of Le Mans Virtual

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Deleted member 24698, May 15, 2020.

1. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Congrats to everyone. Thanks to everyone. :)

Juan Hevia, Mark Lloyd and atomed like this.
  2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Exactly, well done, and RF2 delivering quality.
    Hopefully S397 have got a lot of learning over the 24 hours to benefit multiplayer races in the future.

Juan Hevia, Mark Lloyd and atomed like this.
  3. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

very nice organization of the 24H of Le Mans, I took a huge pleasure to watch this race !
    I hope you will be able to fix the bugs that forced me to reboot the server!!
    the realisation and the quality of the stream was perfect!! the nightfall bluffed me and I thought I was in front of the real race!!
    Congratulations to all the team and keep up your good work!!!

pkelly, Juan Hevia, Neawoulf and 5 others like this.
  4. Danny Vincent

Danny Vincent Registered

I really enjoyed watching the race and I hope that this helps bring further interest and development to the sim. Yes rF2 frustrates me for reasons we are all familiar with, but I keep coming back to it despite those frustrations.

Neawoulf and atomed like this.
  5. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Bravo S397, to have dared the bet and above all to have succeeded as well. Awesome !

6. yves remors

yves remors Registered

great race, great work.
    thanks

Juan Hevia likes this.
  7. Ariff

Ariff Registered

everything was really good up to the point where the red flags come in... thats literally a red flag to tell if a game is reliable enough.... and it was only on a single server unlike another game which has multiple splits with full grids and even 2 timeslots of 24 hour races... but to be fair, that other game does have some horrible issues in the past. Also first time rf2 is doing this, but honestly im surprised issues like these still happen even after years of VEC events.

oh and if im not mistaken there wasnt any dynamic weather involving rain, sad... as a spectator it would be a really nice showcase of how good the rr in rf2 works, especially with those drying wet lines etc. And not to mention again the new viewers seeing how the payware system works in rf2, and no solid competition system... its all the same problems, so I will shutup now :D

congrats anyways

8. McKiernan

McKiernan Registered

Congratulations to the winners, all participants and Studio-397. For me this was a resounding success overall. Yes there were some serious issues and no they shouldn't be ignored. I am sure that there is no one more motivated than S397 to get to the bottom of what's causing these issues and in turn fix them. The enthusiasm shown by the vast majority of those involved was fantastic to see. In my opinion I see this as a giant step forward for sim racing and am optimistic for future developments.

Adam Helyes, atomed and Juan Hevia like this.
  9. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

The event was great, it was a real and proper race. Some of my colleagues who have absolutely nothing to do with gaming, let alone simracing, watched the event on TV! They watched the event on TV and were totally enthusiastic about the presentation. The red flag events didn't bother them...they rather felt it was a real race feeling. Despite the problems that occurred, I am mighty proud and have great respect for you and what you did!

pkelly, Adam Helyes, Rujasu and 7 others like this.
  10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

This is so amazing, is not only about rFactor 2, is the exposition to all sim racing community.
    Here in Argentina, in the ass of the world the newspapers talk about this race.

Congrats to all S397 team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aceking, pkelly, mesfigas and 9 others like this.
  11. Nano

Nano Registered

GeraArg

No fuiste el único desde Argentina, verla fue espectacular.

Ademas apoyando a nuestros pilotos. Esteban segundo y Agustín tercero, Pechito peleandola.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    atomed and GeraArg like this.
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Congrats S397 ! That was awesome.

Juan Hevia likes this.
  13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Despite my negative posts about red flags I have to say this was the best online simracing event I have ever watched. I loved it as many others on youtube chat did too (by far the majority). BTW, there were almost max 30k viewers on youtube. Well done S397!

Now I would like to see a 24h Nordschleife 2020 simracing event using rFactor2 too (everything needed is already in place, except maybe the new Ferrari GT3 already in the works).

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Aceking, mesfigas, atomed and 3 others like this.
  14. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

EXACTLY!!!

mesfigas, Juan Hevia and vittorio like this.
  15. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

16. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

17. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Epic media information document. Nice to see official feedback on excessive tire wear, something that rf2 users have been talking about for months if not more. The part about using other compounds, not just soft isn't true I guess, is it ? Race comentators also wasn't informed about some of rF2 lacks such as static ambient and surfaces temperatures. Very nice to see that Michelin is willing to get involved into virtual tire development too, lets hope it is sincere.

Levelup1 and atomed like this.
  18. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

19. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Two of my old racing friends who don't do any simracing switched it on expecting just to watch a few minutes and ended up spending a few hours + watching. Both mentioned it was by far the best simracing show he's seen so far, telling me "it wasn't rinky-dink like the F1, IMSA and IndyCar shows". Another who teaches performance driving at the Porsche Center in LA (they use ACC) planned on buying it to try out over the next few days. Could be a commercial sale following....

Great work from the S397 crew. Sure there were some network risks that were beyond control on an organizer, no different than when a thunderstorm impacts a race, "force majeur" as they say.

jayarrbee36, atomed and GeraArg like this.
  20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

@Love Guitars n Cars Thanks for posting that Michelin document, very interesting read.

Happy to read Michelin seeing the importance of simracing for their tyres. -> Michelin tyres being successful in realracing and simracing leads to better business:
    "Michelin saw its involvement in the race as a chance to reach out to a wider audience which was able to discover the importance of the role played by tyres not only in real life racing but also, by extrapolation, on their road cars. "

Happy to read that Michelin wants to reach out S397 to work more closely on tires:
    "Michelin hopes to be able to work with the rFactor2 platform’s designers so that competing teams have a broader spectrum of possible strategies in the future while demonstrating the consistency of its tyres’ performance more fully."