24hs of Le Mans (Live)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeraArg, Jun 13, 2020.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Not sure. They said they were re-booting the server...

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Looks like it was planned from what they are saying.

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

For me is a big fault and 18 hours still remain....
    All delays deleted (apart laps)

S397 are praying

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Fernando and Co. are happy.....:D

GeraArg likes this.
  5. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Dr-Evil-Laser.jpg
    :D

But seriously, the driver swap makes and breaks this race...it better works...

6. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Guys the stream looks amazing, however I noticed that the headlights of the cars in the streams look very different from the ones I have in the game. Watching the race with 16 hours to go, the Oreca headlights reflection on the road, and the headlights look very different in the stream, but I have the game fired up on my PC I was just running the oreca as well but the headlight looks very different.

Any reason why this could be?

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

the track has some updates, they might have changed the car as well. some of the drivers are using flashing lights, is that 7smiles light manager or a new update for the car?

8. Sanchit Rathi

Sanchit Rathi Registered

Aah thanks for that info, im guessing these updates havent been released to the public yet and will be released later?

Regarding Light flashing, its turning on and off rather than high to low beam so it might be they might be using 7Smiles program. But right now your guess is as good as mine

9. Stockers

Stockers Registered

Few glitches on track now in the last 30 mins. Cars just stopping & others going into the rear of them.

10. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Sooo,... Max was very clear about Rfactor. His mic wasn't muted at Lando's Twitch account.

"My screen freezes and next moment I got hit by a car.
    Rfactor can F*&^ themselves!
    F*(&*^g joke this!"

:)

11. Stockers

Stockers Registered

I like RF2 but he's probably right. S397 have to look into these issues.

12. CrimsonEminence

Unfortunately, the online stability is not that great yeah.
    Leclerc spawned with his car rolling over by itself. :D

It seems, some have more problems, than others, though.

Drivers have invested much time into preparing for this event. I'm also convinced, S397 tried to keep up on pace for preparing rF2 for the event. But some of the occuring issues aren't that acceptable. :-/

Bidle likes this.
  13. Travis

Travis Registered

I was watching Lando's stream and the entire team is down as a result of 'technical' issues. It's a real missed opportunity for S397 and rF2 as this was a major moment for rF2 to shine. To be fair to rF2, it has for 99% of the time.

The issue will be the drivers who remember the 1% where it doesn't work.

Bidle and CrimsonEminence like this.
  14. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Yep and now he is still making great promotion for the game.
    Well done S397! :oops:

Lando also mentioned this, that Charles LeClerc also had problems; freezing screen and lag. This caused his crash as well.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  15. Bidle

Bidle Registered

At least the Redline team is laughing again!!

Ai took control of Atze’s car and run into a couple of other cars!!!
    That’s it for team Redline.

Unbelievable,......

16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Personally I am so impressed by the event, I find it hard to leave TV, and now it is hard to go to sleep. I have not expected it to be so interesting. Personally, to me rFactor 2 side things are very good, even the restart that was needed had very natural feel to it thanks to organisation and implemented restart feature. Seems like there may have been few other issues, but I think they are small in relation to all thats good and great, and who can tell if some aren't individual connection issues as those things unfortunately just happens. Racing is fast, clean and exciting with plenty of good and bad events that makes the show. Organisation, is very impressive. Broadcasting is very high quality. Commentating and interviews are very professional, and at the same time very easy going, down to earth and cosy. I even honestly enjoyed that little bit of concert, I liked that music a lot.

This should be the race that would stir up motorsport for real. And I hope in positive way. It should help greatly for masses and organisations to understand that motorsport could be just like, for example, football (good money, yes?). You can watch football, and you can play football at low expense, it makes it so relatable. Now more people should understand that you can also race yourself your favorite races AT HOME, also relatively at low expense comparing to real deal. It should make motorsport a lot more relatable and involving. There only has to be simulation races of this caliber from time to time, most likely in off-season, in winter. Thats just win for everyone. And I hope rF2 would be chosen for that frequently.

P.S. I hope S397 collects fair amount of feedback and data, make friends with lots of engineers and drivers. Seems like most are very impressed by rF2 and likes it a lot, and also sounds like many are big supporters already. But they do mention a lot that cars although are great, they aren't the same. Probably they would never be the same, but they could improve. I think. Of course it doesn't seem to spoil competition spirit at all, and this is consumer level product, so perhaps it hits the ceiling of how much accuracy is necessary, I don't know, just dreaming.

By the way. Big congratulation for ISI as well. In my opinion they still and will always own part of ups and downs of rF2, in this case, obviously, huge UP, and hopefully just more positives more and more into the future. These days must be giving great emotions for both developers.

delapecs likes this.
  17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

they should fix AI, cause they cant fix online,so they should try something else....

avenger82 and Bidle like this.
  18. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Well it seems they have huge issues with the AI as well; ;-) Maybe best to work on rF3.

It’s a shame, especially as this is not an outcome anybody wanted. Must be very disappointing for the team after all the efforts that went into it.

@mantasisg Regarding the individual connections. Lando stated the specs of his pc and connection as well from Verstappen. Doesn’t seem to be the problem.

19. CrimsonEminence

To be clear, for an official event, this is actually quite impressive.
    It's a shame for a Team, that has really high chances of winning, to run into issues, related to the software in use, though.

The commercialized factor in sim racing is not helping the actual situation. Things have to work, due to that and will hopefully not show up too much hickup in the next several hours.
    Especially not because viewers get upset, but because users and their support get upset.

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

it's broken in every parts, UI, online, AI....the boat sinks...

Mauro likes this.