Latest news - 24 hours of Le Mans Virtual

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Deleted member 24698, May 15, 2020.

1. vittorio

vittorio Registered

just looking at this on an egoistic perspective. Should the red flag happened cause of an overseen bug in rF2 and that leads to a lot more bug tracking and bug fixing by S397 again. i would be happy.
    Anyway, if you want to be the Nr.1 simracing platform for realistic endurance simracing. Which i thing rF2 deserves to be. These kind of problems (red flag cause of technical issues) arent allowed to happen. But anyway, we don't even know what the technical issue was. Could be anything.

2. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Haven't wittnessed the server restart and techincal issues, but I think we should have the discussion if rF2 is suitable as a platform for an event like this after the race. The good thing is that this event is still running, with some fantastic close racing and that the broadcast it relatively smooth and actually a joy to watch. When I switched on the TV today I had to look two times at the screen to see if it's real or virtual footage, wich is quite an achievement allready when we consider where all this started five years ago and how rF2 allways had an image of being the ugly duckling. And it seems that S397 allways have a plan B if something goes wrong. Considering there are only rF2 and iRacing as possible platforms I don't see the big drama in having the option to restart the server to keep the event running. And I am not sure if iRacing offers something like that either if something goes bonkers. :)

3. LokiD

LokiD Registered

just wanted to pop on and say...

what a great job rf2 is doing, it looks stunning, cars are acting like the real thing and the whole stream is like the real thing almost!

Good job s397.

4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Yes indeed,it was a Fanatec...oops...

5. vittorio

vittorio Registered

@hitm4k3r I agree. Lets wait after the 24h race finished. But it is still interesting reading all the chat of 20k people at youtube video and reading many people betting at what hour there will be a red flag cause of technical problems of rF2. Well if you bet at 5h you won.

6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Diiagree here cause,most posting there are pure bullshit...kindergarden

but not that one: ショップTakahashi何も知らずに閲覧してますが…これはコロナの影響ですか?

or that one: Giacomo De Martin Topraninis it getting dark?
    Great stuff...

atomed likes this.
  7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

google translator didnt help me here much, saying: "Shop Takahashi I'm browsing without knowing...is this an effect of corona?"

WiZPER and Dady Cairo like this.
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Great answere,laughin' for minutes...This forum needs more varied emoticons!:D:rolleyes:

vittorio likes this.
  9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Well I am watching the English official stream and the response seems to be pretty positive for the biggest part, with people being amazed how far technology have come and how nice the broadcast is visualy as well as from the content provided. I am also really enjoying the interviews. Who would have thought to see Roger Penske commentating on a rF2 stream? It's pretty awesome to say the least. And as you can see with this whole situation going on. A server restart is the least of the problems when real races with much bigger investments are affected by technical issues aswell. Just imagine what happens with the Indy 500 if there is a full week of rain.

10. LokiD

LokiD Registered

yep pretty much blown me away this stream.

11. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

The stream and presentation is fantastic well done aco and rf2. I have heard rf2 being mention especially at the start so that was good to hear.

technical issues? Yes its a shame but seems to have been dealt with well.
    The commentators and guests did there bit to keep it interesting. Just like in real life!

Looking great as it gets dark. Graphically I think it has come across really well. Ive always had a weird soft spot for the way rf2 looks. Now its Much improved over the last few weeks!

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I know ive moaned about the ai, since like forever. But after watching this, i appreciate their focus now on esports and i hope this really helps rf2 goes forward and battle iracing on the esports front!

Remco Majoor and Dady Cairo like this.
  13. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

The stream is to much focused on the leaders in lmp2

McKiernan likes this.
  14. vittorio

vittorio Registered

For me rF2 has best tire and car physics of all sims. Graphics to be honest for me is great too (even more on VR). Netcode for multiplayer for sure is great too. DLC content regarding licensed endurance is great too... As i said for me rF2 is the best candidate for serious simracing like 24h Le Mans. But red flag cause of a technical problem is a no go. But just lets wait and see what the technical problem really was

Dady Cairo and LokiD like this.
  15. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Glad the commentator is mentioning rf2!
    wow s397 and marcel get a shout!

good!

Dady Cairo likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's what you should have said hours ago.

17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

That overlay HUD's ,can we have this in RF2? Great!:D

18. vittorio

vittorio Registered

We will get an explanation what technically went wrong anyway after the race. (if not on S397 forum at least at S397 discord). Which doesn't mean people here at the forum are not allowed to discuss the reason or talk about the outcome here before the announcement what really happened from S397 (probably at discord). After all, people here at forum care a lot for rF2 and thinking, talking and discussing.

I, to be honest, was a "bit" upset to see there is again a red flag cause of technical issues at 24h Le Mans. And wanted to know what other think. Isn't this what a forum is here for?

If I only care for announcements from S397, I don't need a forum at all.

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@vittorio you immediately questioned anyone using rF2 for such events again, without knowing anything about what actually transpired. You can talk about anything, yes, but that is silly.

20. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

No 24h event in rf2 without red flag or server restart so far

Mauro likes this.