Game going on sale for big race this weekend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CerebriX, Jun 12, 2020.

1. CerebriX

CerebriX Registered

Hi guys. Just wondering why you haven't put the game on a deep sale this weekend. This is probably more attention the game has ever had and probably ever will. Seriously guys. Don't miss out on an opportunity like this 397. It likely will not come again.

2. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The comments, quite cool.
    I hope the S397 team enjoy the day, people of every place of earth will be watching your work. My best wishes for tomorrow. ;)

McKiernan and Mark Lloyd like this.
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I believe Steam decides when/what games go on Sale, I don't think this is down to S397.

4. CerebriX

CerebriX Registered

Yeah but they could work with humble bundle, gog, or one of the many other legitimate online game stores to make it happen. There's so much competition in the space right now. This is sim racing's time to shine before one of their competitors do something bigger in their respective sims.

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

They might want to wait til AFTER the event. If there is another meltdown, well..... still, VEC has been hosting 24hr races, the software should hold up.

6. CerebriX

CerebriX Registered

I've worked at 3 game companies. I know how much of a struggle the whole thing can be to keep together and sim racing is a sub genre of a sub genre. The right marketting moves right now really make this whole thing the bigger and cooler thing every single person on this forum doesn't think it can be. But knows it can be. I'd love to see 397 to be able to really reap the rewards of the challenging time we live in. What's happening to sim racing right now, was never supposed to happen, and never would have happened without a global pandemic forcing so many eyes on it. I talked to someone at Sparco today and the girl I was chatting with mentioned demand has never even been close to what it is now for their gaming products. They didn't even know what to do with all the demand they're dealing with right now.

I just think rFactor2 is cool and I'd love to see them be able to really fund the "next thing" with the boost they can get from handling this right.

ya know?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Just buy it.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Demand up = price up. :p

mantasisg and David O'Reilly like this.