So..I guess, I was right. LMP1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fábio Martins, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Fábio Martins

Fábio Martins Registered

So, we will have an incomplete virtual 24 hours Le Mans without the presence of the faster category after I say to the devs months ago and countless times that LMP1 is important and that the category "is not dead yet", I hope the devs can enjoy their incomplete line up. Where are the hypercars now?

Wasted opportunity to make an almost perfect recreation of the real race.

2. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

I mean, the LMP1 class is a development class. So even if there was an LMP1 in there, rebellion would have to use toyota's or the other way around. I think this is the best way, as this only gives more competition in the same class.

LMP1 is still dead, and the only moment it would have been useful in this situation, is for this one race. Spending so much resources for that would've been insane, since they should've started before the pandemic, and guessed it was going to happen. So no, you were not right.

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

The ACO clearly isn't bothered.

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

It's disappointing that rF2 doesn't support hybrid units. Even a kers system. The McLaren Senna was that Hypercar style, but with no one caring about Hypercar in real life (Aston dropping, Peugeot to LMPD) and everyone wanting to do LMPD (DPi with hybrid) it seems like they should make one of those. DPi is an LMP2 chassis with more power, so S397 Oreca could be used as a base real easy. But does suck, LMP1 is fading but the next class looks super similar

Emery, Chris Lesperance and Mibrandt like this.
  5. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

LMP1 is dying. 397 said they're focusing on the next maybe LMDh and so on. But I think old cars is important too as new cars.

nonamenow likes this.
  6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The irony, or rather... the stupidity of this post is that the sims with LMP1 are not hosting the official LM24 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But then making the Senna GTR as a hypercar is just as stupid

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  7. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Even if the future is hypercar, it does not seem stupid to wish for LMP1 in rF2.

Indeed we want historic cars, so why not cars that are still relevant, even for a short time ?

And then rF2 is endurance oriented so it makes sense.

Now if you have to make a choice, hypercars are probably better.

Remco Majoor and John R Denman like this.
  8. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

atomed likes this.
  9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

OH NO!!!!!!

IT'S RUINED!!!

Dave^ likes this.
  10. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Hypercars. LMP1 costs way too much, has little carryover benefit to road cars, and frankly doesn't sell cars making it nothing more then a benevolent donation expense to the OEM's. In this curtailment year of COVID19 LMP1 is all but deceased.

As for the FIA, I still miss the pinnacle of motorsports era of 1991. Group C and F1 were at their peak in performance and skill levels in that era. Today's hybrid powered driver assisted SUV sized cars just seem like they rules writers have lost touch with the essence of driver competition.

UGM 133A and atomed like this.
  11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The cars are still really small for the amount of stuff they have packed there
    LMP1H rules were brilliant, simply brilliant and probably the most open and successfull (when is about on track racing) rulebook in past 30 or so years. But they lacked cost control measurements. That rulebook should be copied in F1.
    In sports cars DPi2.0 (or a higher powered GT3+hybrid formula) is simply perfection IMO

atomed likes this.
  12. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It's OK I suppose, but for us old goats driver assist is the on-ramp to autonomous drive. The first thing I do after loading a late model GT/Prototype car in rFactor2 is shut off the driver assist, I turn faster laps that way.

13. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered