Released The New UI is Here! (Instructions on How to Opt-in)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 19, 2019.

1. atomed

atomed Member

It worked! Thanks a lot :cool:
    Edit: I think Austin 1.3 produces the same error.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  2. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I have noticed an issue with the new UI, There seems to be no way to get the driver name tags to display. I have checked my keyboard assignments and Tab should show driver names but it does not. is this feature not available in the new UI or is it a bug?

3. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Not available atm

4. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Hi guys, have there been talks about implementing a 1440p version of the ui? It is quite blurry at the moment. Also 21:9 users get strange replay overlay shadows when widescreen ui is disabled. (I don't like the widescreen ui as it simply streches the image...)

I wonder, why this isn't responsive anyway... it is html based, so it should have been done responsive in the first place, no?

zi99y, qusimano, TJones and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I think the Multiplayer Lobby will do nothing to encourage people to join on line sessions, it gives no details about what mod/workshop/DLC content is in use so you cant find sessions that you can join. I think there is a lot of wasted space in some of the layouts like the boxes at the bottom where it lists the servers along the bottom and when you click on a server it just gives info on the left of the screen, where the rest of the screen is blank.

This space could be used to give details about the content in use and session specific info like practice time, quali time/laps and race length. It could also list any other tracks that are going to be used so you can check that you have matching content, rather than joining a server only to find out they have 10 tracks in the rfmod that you then have to wait 30 minutes plus to download them and have no way of cancelling without forcing the game to close. Also it would be good to have a option to cancel or confirm the downloads before they starts, as I and others i know try to manage the content we have installed so don't always want to download maps that have been modified for a specific league just to have custom adverts and banners around the track.

zi99y and qusimano like this.
  6. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Been using the new UI for a couple of weeks now since I got it to work, and although there is still room for improvement I'm not really understanding the amount of criticism I hear about it. It's shaped and structured differently a bit from what other new racing games are implementing nowadays (ACC/AMS2 for example), so it takes some time to get used to it, but afterwards I think it's a pretty satisfying experience overall. Looks good too.

lagg, McKiernan and buzz hornet like this.
  7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Slow to operate, blurry at 4K, blinding white, wasted space, horrible horizontal scrolling, many basic usability issues...
    I can operate old UI 3x faster.

pitkin, Ariff, qusimano and 3 others like this.
  8. lagg

lagg Registered

I like the new UI.
    I think that we have to get used to this.
    It's more clear, better structured.
    I've been using it the last two weeks and i use it normally.
    For me the worst thing is hidden chat.
    About the blurriness, it's a problem, because depends on the hardware. It's different depending on the screen/s or the VR headset.
    In my case, with the Index, the new UI is much more clear than the old UI.
    My team mate has the Oculus and for him, the new UI is more blurry than the new one.

mister dog likes this.
  9. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Cool those are things that can be addressed/corrected over time, not like people make it out to be sometimes which sounds like it's a total clusterf*ck if you'd believe them.

McKiernan and lagg like this.
  10. M Lynn

M Lynn Registered

Will replays ever show lap times again?
    Will the laggy vertical scrolling be improved?
    Also I find the new UI slow in general, and uninstalling a package seems to take forever and it has to be done one by one, no multi-select to uninstall several at once. Went back to old UI for now, it's just way quicker to get things done.

zi99y, Davvid and Emery like this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Scripted Weather:

If i set it to Sunny it keeps the Rain Percentage at 75% and subsequently it rains on track, I think if setting to Sunny/Light Clouds the Rain Percentage should revert to 0 automatically, as it's a pain to go through each segment and do it manually.

Emery likes this.
  12. Marisa

Marisa Registered

The worst part about the new UI is how it's structured (illogical and slow to navigate) plus I have the problem that the scroll bars often become "sticky". First part should be fixable, not sure about the second. Really hoping there will be workshop integration for community made UIs.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    simvalek likes this.
  13. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I've seen a similar issue - when I select "Overcast & Storm" the rain percentage stays at 0%!

MarcG and Emery like this.
  14. txinas

txinas Registered

Good evening I have a problem. I am using the new overlay and the replay sistem not do it correctly. i put 50 seconds and the replay sistem is the same that 0 seconds. Have any idea haw to use it??

15. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

New Ui everything is still very immature!
    The scroll bar for Packages / Opponents / Tracks u. Cars is too small.
    You scroll away very quickly when scrolling and nothing works anymore ... unless you move the cursor exactly on it again.
    Made very stupid.
    If you open the item store or the workshop, then everything should be gone when you finish with ... X ... no, half of it hangs, only go back with ESC ?? Stupid.
    If the new Ui launcher appears after starting it just takes too long to be used ... zzzz ... nobody needs it.
    Also, if ... zzzzz ... goes out 5 seconds before you can work, people don't go!
    I always switch back and forth between new and old Ui, at the moment the old Ui is much quicker and clearer.
    The new one is just more colorful and not ready for the market.
    Well and then the mess with the unobservable mod cars and the paint problem.
    I've loved rF2 for over 15 years, but that's how it gets stupid.
    Finally bring a line in there.
    I'll keep you going, if something doesn't suit me I'll cut you out.
    good race!

Mauro likes this.
  16. Binny

Binny Guest

15yrs tells me your complaint is just that a complaint as the sim was released 2003

17. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Including rFactor 1 and rF2!

18. lagg

lagg Registered

You forgot F1 Challenge 99-02 :D

19. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

That's right, I had everyone available at the time.
    GTR-GTR2-F1-2000-RBR etc ...

20. Adrian Blasco

Adrian Blasco Registered

One of the things that was lacking is in the hud knowing which car I have ahead and behind in the relative, especially in endurance races, knowing if a dubbed or a faster category car is coming, here I put an example that I just do so that you take into account that this information will be very useful and not all the names of the same color and poor. It would be nice that just as you change the UI also redesign the hud of the menu in the car. Thank you @Marcel Offermans @Christopher Elliott hud rfactor2.jpg IMG_20200609_135420.jpg