Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Connor

Connor Registered

Q6th . Start Ok contact after the curves left me 12th and last off the back .. MMmmmm Challenge Accepted LOL so head down & climb back to 3rd with 2 to go. Backend of the curves Gears Screw me over:eek: 3rd Gear :confused:o_O :p to 1st lock up & off . Happy Birthday TTb57 LOL and D M is on me he's as welcome as a Fart in a Spacesuit :oops: :D but it is what it is and what it is, Is lots of fun :D.. Enjoyed the Race Apologies To Brian B on the straight My Bad , Not sure how I connected & DM for the couple of times last 2 laps trying to stay clear & clean but failed sorry pal. Cheers to all the more the merrier 12 was great on track ..Now MMMMmmmm whats that sound :confused::eek::D:D:D:D:cool:;)

Attached Files:

Emery likes this.
  2. Connor

Connor Registered

As a Motorsport Fan & as a Ferrari Fan you have to stand back & Appreciate all the great shapes & sounds of great Engineering & Functional Motor Art. Here's to one of many greats of the past ..also Great Work By Woochoo , another fantastic place to race "Le Grand Circuit 1967" like the "Longford track" " its a masterclass of modding

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    woochoo, jimagn and pkelly like this.
  3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'll mention them to Bryan. We've been holding off trying anything else until now. Bryan's foot has been taking him some time getting used to it. This week he felt he was up for trying the 917 so maybe soon.

4. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Online you should be able to limit the mod choices to just one category, like Prototype under 2 liter.

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yeah, I've been doing a little testing and the 2.0 looks to be a good first try.....Not much difference between that and the F3 really. Time wise I mean.

6. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Qualifying is set to "Private" for this weeks race. Way too much time to be gained drafting in these.:)

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I'll be surprised if anyone makes it through the race without flatspotting these. Very touchy..:rolleyes:

8. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server is down for a short while. Updating and maintenance....Back soon.

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server back up.:)

Connor likes this.
  10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Had to turn on the virtual mirror in this race, found myself a bit blind in the first lap. Got away with Mark at the start and then he outbraked himself slightly and I think ended up on his roof, so from there a mistake free race had me winning. Hooked up a lap towards the end which is fine, but shows how much time was left the rest of the race :oops:

Nearly had a pileup into Mulsanne on the first lap, think WhiteLightning might have gone off track through that. I just saw the mirror filled with car and eased off the brakes slightly hoping to not get involved :D

Connor likes this.
  11. Connor

Connor Registered

Yeap :D:D:D I messed up the braking @ Mulsanne Corner 1st time around :rolleyes: 3 heading into 1 was not a good idea but the car was a tad quicker than me head .. Got outta shape was looking like a wreck. On braking the car pointed itself at Marks motor (Sorry Mark ) and we touched I headed off left & out of the equation .. it seemed OK till I got Bitch Slapped on the nose from a telegraph pole :eek: & spun round but I was left facing the right direction so quick look left ? All Clear .. GASSss .. had some nice battles to Climb back up to 2nd .. Mark got loose @ Maison Blanche and spun badly freeing me up. Looking ahead I was +17 down by then :oops: Great Race & Enjoyed It. Big Happy Cheese Ball Smile on me Nutt all race .. that's the Effect this Match the 917K & Le Mans 67 has on yea ... Well Done Lazza That was well deserved :cool::) with some Nice Laps put down.

jimagn and nonamenow like this.
  12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

This was a great combo. Qually in 3rd but blew the start and battled back to third only to lose it off the kerb and back to 8th...Slowly knuckled down and got back to 3rd but too many little mistakes saw Mark catch up so 4th it was. Great racing by all again.
    This week we are in the 1967 Endurance (2.0) mod by Woochoo and Mantasig at Rouen-Les-Essarts. Have fun....:)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Connor likes this.
  13. jimagn

jimagn Registered

Great choice. Can't wait. The Porsches seem similar but are quite different. The Matras may give them a battle.

Connor likes this.
  14. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Good to see you folks at LGC, and I hope you have some fun with the 2L '67 cars :)

Connor likes this.
  15. Connor

Connor Registered

"This week we are in the 1967 Endurance (2.0) mod by Woochoo and Mantasig at Rouen-Les-Essarts. Have fun....:)"

Anyone now what sort of lap time for these on this track ?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When I get home I'll check my logs - did a sort of coherent lap eventually, but can't remember the time. I'll put a setup up as well, these are tricky especially after the ones we just drove.

Connor likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, so I did a 2:17.0 but I think I just gave up on doing a mistake free lap and had a low 2:16 sitting there ready if I could execute - and that was leaving quite a bit still on the table at most corners, especially at that hairpin.

Here's a setup, I'm no expert and this was just some quick adjustments to settle the rear end down. I found the best way through corners was take some speed off, turn in and get the weight shifted, then start to power around and down the next straight.

Attached Files:

Connor likes this.
  18. Connor

Connor Registered

LOL I noticed that as I turned in the 1st time and kept turning turning turning .. you spin me right round like a record baby right round :)
    2:17 / 2:16 Yeap taught my "Nervous Nelly in Sector G" 2:20 was a tad slow LOL
    will have a look see later when me eyes have relaxed after the Virtual 24 Le Mans ;)
    Cheers Lazza goodman

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

There has been a couple of 2:14s so far. Haven;t seen anything quicker yet. Will check the server logs later.

Connor likes this.
  20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sorry guys...Internet dropped out half way through qually and didn't return for an hour and a half.
    So this week it's off to an old favourite in 1966 Brianza but this week in the Historic F2's. Have fun.

jimagn and Connor like this.