Ferrari 488 auto pitlane error

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JYU, Jun 7, 2020.

1. JYU

JYU Registered

Hey all
    I recently bought the studio 397 ferrari 488 and everytime I load Sebring, the car would be stuck in gear and not auto pitlane in the start. I can trick it to go by requesting pit or switching to manual.

Anyone know of this error?

Thanks

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You don't drive the car out? How odd. Do you want the sim to start the car also? Just put it in gear and drive away. Sorry. I'm just not seeing a problem.

3. JYU

JYU Registered

Thanks for the very productive comment dave.

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You can drive the car out of the pits....have you tried just getting the car in motion and then pressing the I key to allow the AI to assume control? But...and this is the part where I'm confused. You can drive the car out of the pit/garage area. Isn't that what we are supposed to do? Drive the car? I can't be constructive when I can't understand the problem.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie There's an auto pitlane assist, and apparently in the Ferrari at Sebring it's not working properly. Is that confusing?

It's not an option I've ever used, and I'd be surprised if there's more than a handful of rF2 drivers that do. But if there's a feature that isn't working then fair enough.

Easy fix: remove the option from the game :D

PS The sim does start the car by default.

davehenrie and MarcG like this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

A thousand times this!

Lazza likes this.
  7. Travis

Travis Registered

Another way around is to leave the pits and press I as soon as you start to move to let the AI do the rest.

Do you have a clutch pedal? You'll need one to use the solution above. If you don't, the GTE cars will stall with auto clutch enabled when leaving the pits (one of the many long standing issues to be fixed).

8. JYU

JYU Registered

Thanks for the information and advice everyone.

It's okay manual obviously works. I'm at the stage where I am starting out in sim racing. I do typically have auto pitlane assist on but everything else is off.