What will make rF2 still your favorite sim in a few months (2020) + what will make you like it more?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DrivingFast, Apr 12, 2020.

1. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

The sim was perfect for me in 2015 and I didn't need anything else. Then the FCY broke.

If they could just roll back the AI code to what it was in 2015, I'd be ecstatic. I would happily sacrifice DX11, the new shaders, PBR, VR, the entire competition system, the new UI and the Nürburgring just to get FCY working again.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Sacrifice Nurburging and VR.... What the fuck !!!! Lol.

I agree, a lot needs to be improved in AI, which is excessively annoying for offline players, and the FCY is (I'm sorry) unworthy of a self-respecting simulation. We have to deactivate the rules!

atomed likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

I would prefer to sacrifice a sheep. :D
    Without VR there is no simracing, for me

DrivingFast and atomed like this.
  4. atomed

atomed Member

Agree, once you go VR there's no step back.

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

While I appreciate many good things about rF2 added by S397, I share @marvelharvey feelings somewhat. I would really like to see Safety Car, formation lap fixed. Also new rules - unsafe pit exit for example. Also, some tweaks to minimize multiple cut track penalty issues. Rules system in rF2 is one of the richest, but it still needs investment and not stagnate.

I would also like to see gearbox simulation evolve. rF2 physics are enjoyable, but without proper gearbox simulation it is limited to mostly modern cars (which still need downshift protection implemented).

6. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

Fix the external audio on the Porsche GTE.. please... it is a mosquito..

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

have you HEARD the 2018 Porsches?

8. Edmond Steele

Edmond Steele Registered

How do I fix my username? :\ Don't know how it switched on me when I made my account.

I have yet to buy the game, got demo version, but I don't want another game on my system that may not be played (done that too many times), but from what I seen.... good luck to non savvy users in trying to set this mess up. I seen videos of the new UI but it does not seem to make setting up championships or weather easier or possible.

Anyway if this is the right place for the devs to see what we and/or I want then I unload everything here and hopefully this will be the last time I make such a list, experience with game is good so far:

Adapting features from Codemasters F1 series, I hate Codemasters for F1 2011 and haven't trusted them since then but they do seem to be the best out there so far when it comes to simulating a series, ACC gets close but not 100% replacement, no safety car and they are not even trying to add it, and as far as I can tell they restricted themselves to just Blancpain, otherwise not too familiar with their game, other than it is pretty much the long await GTR3 many people wanted... and never got from Simbin. As for physics, I'll ask you guys what you think of Codemasters physics in their recent games compared to rFactor2

Championship mode: Personally I wish rFactor stuck to a series and just follow it through instead of just randomly picking out various things, such as, what was the reason to add Portland to the track roster? rFactor has Formula E content, interesting choice by the way, but will every track be in the game? Why did they add a Ferrari to the game recently? Anyway I wish there I could just choose a championship and go but I know with the way this game is set up, it will have to be done manually, which kinda takes away the magic. Personally I would want a Indycar Championship, wit a bit of IMSA, and a dash of Formula E. Or better yet why not 1UP those ACC guys?

Race weekend simulation: Having P1 P2 P3 Q1 Q2 Q3 Warmup and Race in the UI, I believe Simbin did most of this, Codemasters just didn't do warm up. I know there is a file to make this happen but it should not be this way. But there is more to this,

Tire Management: Such as you come in to fill up, get damage fixed, or change a setting, I want to be sent out on same tires not a brand new pair to be sure whatever I adjusted improved handling, hard to do so when the game keeps putting on new tires. Even limiting number of tires allowed, but that depends on series, hard to say how Indycar and NASCAR handle tire accolation compared to Formula 1. Knowing how long a tire would last on a track would help too to set up pit strategy but that would be difficult to do with the content mix.

Weather: Please random option, please. I have read about some cool weather plugins but still future updates could ruin them or the modder may skedaddle, happened many times on another forum I used to spend time on (too much time). Can make for an interesting weekend. Such as my time in F1 2011 on Monza, all sessions were dry, but the race was completely wet, and the rain only weakened towards the end of the race which allowed me to put on intermediates, would have won the thing, if it wasn't for a sudden stupid pit bug. Game update completely broke the game in the next race and that started my fury against Codemasters.

huh... rain during an oval race... if I was making a game, I would set an option to continue on or stop the race, imagine trying to stay out of the wall with rain tires during a downpour, or a 500 lap race suddenly becoming a final few minute sprint, or since it did not make it to halfway, starting again on another day in green conditions. Then again is this AI good for oval racing?

Setting individual start time and session time: There are options for practice, qually, and race, but nothing for P2 P3 Q2 Q3, so game seems to just repeat same start time and conditions. But I have noticed that I set practice to be 80 mins, but yet P2 shows 60 mins. But anyway onto the next thing,

Previous conditions in last session affecting next session: Not sure how real road works, but instead of having to constantly set a new condition, it would be nice if it could just take data from last session and apply it to the next session... although if another series is at the track that would change conditions too.

Describing setup adjustments: I no nutin' bout setting up a car (basic stuff), so tips in the garage menu would help greatly.

Seeing Sector Times: Not sure if this is in the UI update but, I'm trying to figure out where I did bad in relation to AI... then I find out that they are playing by a different set of physics rules, so much for 120 mode. What F1 driver would go full throttle in 1st or 2nd gear?

Pit Crew animations but pit crew behave differently from series to series... plus I'm not sure if this is in the game or not.

Safety Car: Settings should be in the UI as well, otherwise hard to tell if it is there or not. But from what I seen I like how it is set up, although I don't know if it will work in the demo or not.

Everything else I like so far (especially no auto control crap, 10 years and Codemasters still keeps doing that, do the players not care?) Will definitely be the next game I would buy, and these features will make it my #1 sim... other than that, despite my hate for Codemasters... I guess they are in the #1 spot.☠

And I guess laser scanned tracks would help with both games, if that makes much of a difference, especially considering that some are paid DLC.

But rFactor is #1 for the real life pros, found that out during a Indycar iRacing stream, turns out, several real life drivers don't like the physics of iRacing. And if I read right... ain't the tech in rFactor in Simbin games and Project Cars 2?

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Have you HEARD the rF2 2018 RSR? (or even any engine exterior sound in rF2) :D
    Please compare it to this:

Interior is great, but it just sounds thin and like a mosquito from the outside in rF2.
    This is not even because of the sample itself...
    A better and more noticeable atmospheric reverb and actual less dry sound of engines in this sim, maybe even a not-stutter-throttle AI would improve the experience already a lot...

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    davehenrie likes this.
  10. Oleksandr Borodai

Oleksandr Borodai Registered

The most missing part for rF2 is a competition. Some daily competition are so damn welcome. It's said 10000 times - that iRacing has the best competition / champ system on the market. They don't have a patent for it, so devs shouldn't be shy and just do the same ))) Or at least try.
    Also content system is so BAD. All this tons of rfcmp files that needed for each car/champ/single race. Even when you bought official car from the store, the only thing you can do with it - s*** a d*** or play with bots. Cause when trying to connect to some public server, the only result you get - "Package not Available" error message. So you can't just do some fun races in the evening, until you registered to 100000 championships on some community websites.

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

And someone like me coudn't care less, because the driving aspect of iRacing sucks. This "service" has managed to scare away people from sim racing, because they were brought into the thinking, that THIS would be the best, a sim could deliver, instead of getting alternatives.

I mean, the competition feature is good and will drag people into the whole deal probably.

Is this useful without fixing some more important stuff of the actual foundation (what rF2 really needs)? I don't know. Seems healthy to me to do it first...