What are the most realistic cars on rF2 ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrivingFast, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

The McLaren 650s. It's had all the data & feedback direct from McLaren. Would have to go close to being as realistic as it gets in rF2...

pkelly likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

@Oldseb I think those dynamics depends a lot on grip and on acceleration much more than velocity. Lately I was too busy with my own work on experiencing placebo effects lol, but I remember that those old ISI old bias-ply tires can feel like ice, and then next time you launch the car to the track you discover that you can actually drive it quite well. Even when it seems that conditions are the same. So there could be something more about perceiving handling of these cars.

3. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Source?

Risto Kappet likes this.
  4. Binny

Binny Guest

s397 content only...... Unless a modder lets you know that they had help from a race team or manufacturer & CAN BACK IT UP.

5. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Exactly my way of seeing things.

I add, however, a big part of cars ISI (taken by S397) , because even if they are I think less realistic, they are very good and diversified.

6. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

I kinda disagree. The it's not that official = realistic , third party = less realistic. There are some modders who got real data, feedback from real drivers, got help from S397 and know what they're doing in therms of physics. It's been already mentioned, but mods by Slow Motion and especially GP3 is best example. There are other decent ones like Apex GT3.
    On the other hand some official content can be hit or miss, especially old ISI cars. There are very few real drivers' reports about handling/physics of their counterparts in rF2 so it's hard to really tell. Most pro drivers tend to do iRacing. But I was surprised that even popular ones made by S397, like USF 2000 or Mercedes AMG GT3 where not considered that realistic. Admittedly Jan Seyffarth gave his (very) quick impressions and was not familiar with rF2 to say at least.

7. Filip

Filip Registered

With all this talk about realistic/non-realistic one has to keep in mind that even professional racers can have different opinions.
    Someone from Kunos was mentioning that when they presented ACC to real GT3 drivers and how their feedback for a same car trait varied significantly, it was from "totaly unrealistic" to "spot-on".

8. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Everyone uses cars what he wants !

Me, exclusively all the S397, GP3-Metalmoro MR1-Palatov D4, Reiza, Kartsim, and the types of cars that I do not have AND which are created by ISI (officially taken over by S397), in order to have cars having good physics AND having an "original" behavior compared to the cars I mentioned before.

Unless you have all your life devoted to rF2, there is no interest in "collecting" the mods of rF2 :

I choose to keep only those for which we have every reason to think they are "relatively" realistic.

Why use Apex Modding GT3, while there are 10 S397 GT3 obviously much more realistic ?? (apex is a good mod however).

No time to "collect" the mods, I just use the ones that seem the most realistic, and for some, it's of course possible that I'm wrong, like everyone else.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@DrivingFast which makes me wonder why you created this thread. You seem to know the answer (for you) already.

Bidle, David Kolody and ADSTA like this.
  10. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Between the creation of the thread and now, I thought a lot about it.

I now have an opinion on it.

And I share it because it can be useful for some people.

11. jual

jual Registered

but who drive realistic cars, unrealistic, I often see people driven older H-shifter cars with paddle and no clutch.
    and the gear engine of rf2 does not prohibit this.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's true, but nothing stops you doing it properly anyway:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/realistic-gearshift-version-2.62996/

And don't imagine games that do this properly don't have people faking it. Especially if there are any prizes involved... or any sort of fame really. People cheat at all sorts of things. But if you want to do it properly, you can do it properly.

Plus some people want to drive those cars and don't have clutch pedals on their controllers. Or are physically incapable of operating a clutch. So on balance it's probably better there are options...

Seven Smiles likes this.
  13. jual

jual Registered

but in this case the question about realistic car (behavior) makes no sense.

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Jan S. was also not able to check in which mode he is testing rFactor2 and used the AMG GT3 without ABS, which of course does not correspond to the real model. You don't need to be surprised about a blocking rear axle. So his statement, that the car shows a not real driving behaviour, was absolutely worth nothing.

15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

why use Apex GT3?

- burning engines and detachable parts
    - skins that give you the feel of a real autosport event, not eSports
    - older era of GT3

This is not at a dig a s397 content BTW. Simply saying that different people value different things and modding gives us the choice. I think once gearbox simulation is improved, online issues ironed out and hopefully features like detachable parts and burning engines are still available to modders, rF2 will be awesome choice to spend time in, thanks to plenty of modded and official content for everyone to choose from. Diversity is good!

16. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Some of us, me for instance, already drove a GT3 car. Ok, I wasn't "pushing hard" but I did several laps around Zolder and Spa in an Audi R8 LMS (my previous boss is a Gentleman Driver).

17. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Are you kidding ? Turn your wheel abruptly at 50 km/h and your front wheels will slide, if they don't the rear might. Of course you have to turn your wheel much harder and quicker that what you are used to but you still will go further than what tyre grip can handle pretty easily.

18. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

I don't see the need for a car to be realistic as long as it doesn't feel terribly unrealistic, everyone will have his own definition of "realistic enough" so no need to discuss this neither. The primary goal is to take pleasure driving those cars, who cares it is realistic after all ? iRacing cars are mostly unrealistic as hell (man, I can do a 2:10.500 lap on Spa with a GTE, just SMASHING real world record with ease and I'm not even in the best 25% of iRacing drivers...define realistic ?) but people are enjoying them and will race every day on it. "Realistic" is too vague to be accepted by everyone, we all have our own definition of "realistic".

Nobody even talked about tracks, take the new Spa for example with Porsche GTE from s397, feels damn realistic, isn't it ? Now try the same car on a poorly modded track, will it still feel realistic ? The car you try to define as "realistic or not" is driven on a track, if the track's grip is completely false, your "realistic" car won't feel realistic at all, to say the least.

Highlandwalker likes this.
  19. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

I recently raced at the new Spa with the Norma Lmp3 and I have to say that this car is fantastic. I don't know how close to the real model it is, but it looks like the best Studio 397 has given us. Besides how incredibly close the races are

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The Norma had a-lot of input from the Team Duquienne (sp?) and the Norma factory. S397 has often paired up with manufacturers and teams and this does seem to have been a fine team effort.

MiguelVallejo likes this.