Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (2018) is now available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Sep 27, 2019.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

There is basically no perfect porsche interior sound out there for any modern Porsche race car in any sim, because they're hard to record due to the loud transmission whine (which ruins running whine and engine sound independently) and other factors.
    In my opinion, the modern Porsche race cars in rF2 sound actually better from the inside at least, than the R3E ones (except the new RSR in R3E, which is sugar). It becomes very difficult, when actually getting working sound samples and the transmission has to be added...
    The Boxer Cup of AMS is also pretty nice, but not a totally "real" Porsche.

2. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I suppose what simracers really want is the ability to use exterior sounds in cockpit views.
    Not realistic one bit but helps for that "sounds good" feeling. I have no idea why no sim offers this possibility.

3. CrimsonEminence

Uhm...what leads you to that conclusion?

4. Filip

Filip Registered

Sound of this car in rf2 is great, I love it.

EsxPaul and Balazs Magyar like this.
  5. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

There are many rl interior records on yt and they also vary...

6. Patrick.B

Patrick.B Registered

i know that a lot videos are different in the sound. the iRacing Cup Porsche sounds quite nice and close to it. R3E and rF2 are not realistic in my opinion

7. CrimsonEminence

I have to agree (at least from videos, because i've never driven the iRacing Cup myself), that this car sounds very good interior wise on a basic observation. It has the typical "Porsche punch" soundwise.

I think it's about the mix in frequencies of the samples, instead of the samples themselves.
    The low-end is pretty boosted in the rF2 one (and like most sims, the transmission is still too low in volume :rolleyes:) and maybe this mix of frequencies adds a slight layer "too much" to the overall perception of the engine sound.

The thing is, that you could probably get different perceptions of the actual sound of the car even in real life, depending on your earpieces, helmet and equipment in use.

The term "unrealistic" is pretty discussable in the first place, btw., because the overall interior sound experience in a racing sim is often way better than real life.

Exterior is a different story though...rF2 really needs some kind of better atmospheric reverb.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    Patrick.B likes this.
  8. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

10:30 Onwards some comments about GT3 CUP car.

TJones and marmagas like this.
  9. Marisa

Marisa Registered

Sadly nothing about the brakes. They feel way too weak.

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Put more pressure. ;)

11. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

A technical question.
    Why does the Porsche have set the camber so high compared to other vehicles?
    Why doesn't it work so well with a low camber?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
  12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

cool question

13. OdeFinn

OdeFinn Registered

It works also with low camber, but is twitchy to drive :)
    Test those three variations which are listed on video: Porsche Cup AI
    0.1° change on camber and behavipur goes totally different..

14. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Was there an update about Endurance 1 and 2 specs description?
    Also has default setup or physics of Supercup adjusted since the release? There were many complaints it was too aggressive and oversteery.

15. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

The Porsche GT3 Cup in Endurance spec is so nice now. I hated the Cup car at launch and struggled to complete a clean lap of the Nordschleife. Now I have signed up for a 24 hr race (P1 cummunity) in it!
    Don't know what Studio 397 did to it but its so great and immersive now. Just hoping the wealthy gentlemen drivers in the GT3 cars respect our race and don't expect us to move off line or slow for them. :)

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

You might have already found out but you can click the "Force Setup" in the tuning menu and that should make all AI cars have the same version as you.

17. Magus

Magus Registered

After the latest batch of rF2 updates I found that the tracks were no longer loading, so after doing the usual batch of 'fixes' I had to resort to completely deleting the game, deleting the folder out of steam, and reinstalling it plus all the mods from scratch.

Now I am up and running, I am missing the Porsche GT3 cup from my rosta of cars. The folder does not even show in my D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles (???). I have unsubscribed and loaded and the game (old UI) and before it goes into the launcher it installs it again from the workshop (even though I unsubscribed) but still not in the directory. o_O

Anyone experienced this before?

I might try the beta UI...

EDIT: It's there now :confused:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  18. Alexandre Martini

Alexandre Martini Registered

i'm kind of disappointed on how this car behaves once you lower tire pressures.

at first, lowering them a tad i thought "well, this is clearly faster and a bit easier to drive on the limit".

but then i decided to lower them even more and i found that i can slide my a** all day without getting punished at all.

it's not that i got much faster with extremelly low tire pressures, but the way that the sim lets you drive the car is totally out of this world.

i predict it will not be fun at all trying to drive this online when other people will be sliding at every single corner like this was a rally car on gravel.

makan and R.Noctua like this.
  19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Refer here

Alexandre Martini likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Were the tyres less forgiving (wear, temperature induced grip dropoff) with normal pressure?

We all know lower pressure gives more grip, at least over a lap or few laps. If you didn't go much faster, it would make sense to be more forgiving - you aren't as near the limit, so there is more margin.

Of course that's only a factor, and maybe the tyres are broken. See the other threads (at least one of which you've already seen, since you posted your view in there as well) for more discussion.

Alexandre Martini likes this.