Released Latest Build Update rFactor 2 - 1.1118 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, May 21, 2020.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

they are in spectate mode

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

Man...Le Mans looks good now. Also cloud shadows are somewhat noticeable a lot, giving a pretty atmospheric feeling on the track.
    Did something fundamentally changed on the lighting already? rF2 looks less "blue-ish" and way more natural to me and cars don't seem, as if they're made of chrome, anymore. Is it just placebo?:confused:

Joel Fernandes likes this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. CrimsonEminence

Yeah i read that, but it was mentioned, that the fundamental functions are still in development and not fully implemented yet, but some foundations are made already. Sounded not like "we make Le Mans better looking, than AC with SOL" :D (i really think, it looks that good now).

lagg likes this.
  5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

S397 thinks that Le Mans could be even better given this statement.

6. CrimsonEminence

The overly green grass and similar things are definetly noticeable. But i can live with that. Nothing off-putting like the recent purple tarmac issue :D

Driving Sebring right now and also there quite an improvement already....

7. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

rF2 is the most beautiful game now, it's crisp, clear, realistic....AMS 2 feels cartoonish, ACC is blurry and needs to be played at a very high resolution....Raceroom feels outdated....
    Now rF2 needs AI fix....

coltair, TJones, DaREALMastaD and 5 others like this.
  8. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I notice that the sky still jarringly changes from evening to night at exactly 10.06pm and the Mulsanne straight strains my GPU about 25% more than the rest of the circuit, but Le Mans is absolutely stunning now. Top marks S397!

CrimsonEminence likes this.
  9. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Yes, I confirm this as well. It literally takes about 5 seconds to go from bright sky to dark sky. In addition, while in that dusk phase from 9pm to 10pm, the headlights on the cars are almost useless, and do not illuminate any of the road or more important trackside objects. Given that most of the track is in shadow due to the low sun, especially on the Mulsanne, this isn't right and surely this has to do with the light probes.

Hazi likes this.
  10. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

it needs more contrast or more useful headlights in this timespan, but, Le Mans is gorgeous in Rf2, so dynamic and detailed surroundings

11. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

I'm sure they are going to polish that to the max until the virtual Le Mans 24 to show rF2 in all its glory to the world.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  12. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

I don't understand this maj anymore. I've removed the config.ini file and indeed the game is much nicer. On the other hand, at ffb level it's a disaster, I can't find my pre-shift feelings, especially when braking where I can't feel anything, neither slowing down nor locking the wheels and my dynamic chassis shakes me much harder than before while the api data it uses to work hasn't been affected.(From Franconen)

13. Comante

Comante Registered

They worked on input identification to make it not USB port dependant, someone had to reassign their controllers, try to reasssign your devices like you did the first time, it should work as intended. Don't know a lot about outputs that your device uses, but core simulation has not been changed, so FFB should be like before.

14. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Yeah, all right.
    But the FFB that was the best of all became flat, though.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Great, now i have to replug my Pedals and Wheel after each rF2 restart...It was working perfect, why do you change a working system???

16. Comante

Comante Registered

Because it was sub-optimal, and should work as it is now. Have you re-saved your controller.json after you plugged your devices? or maybe better make a new one if it give troubles. Personally I had not a single issue with latest build.

Filip likes this.
  17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

It worked for you, but users with a large number usb connections had issues. They saw a problem and tried to fix it. I don't have my wheel at this point so I can't verify your results, but I'm surprised you have to unplug. Might need some more investigation by S397.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try posting in the technical and support section with more details (like what happens when you don't unplug the wheel) so others can help diagnose and identify the issue. Things get buried and confused in these news threads.

Juergen-BY likes this.
  19. Moises Tarcis

Moises Tarcis Registered

Boa tarde! Gostaria de saber se já está funcionando e como fazer.
    (Especially for long races, we have now implemented a way to resume a race on the same or a different server in case of networking problems. At the end of every lap, the current standings and order are backed up and these script files can be run on a new server to resume the race after all drivers have rejoined. We’ll explain this system in more detail in the upcoming weeks.)

20. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

New York, another great track to the collection :p

BTW, will be cool if add a site similar to Raceroom/iRacing with the store and a rank with te tracks and cars with the lap records and all stuff.
    The official content right now is quite big and diverse for do that... :cool: