Kart Sim causes rfactor2 to crash

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rocketsloth, Apr 25, 2020.

Tags:
  1. rocketsloth

rocketsloth Registered

Hi, whenever I'm trying to race on any Kart Sim track, rfactor2 closes down. I'm new to rfactor2 so any help is appreciated.

2. Dave Burns

Dave Burns Registered

I have exactly the same issue. GYG track doesn't work and when i play online it just boots me out as soon as i try and adjust any settings.
    Is there any other threads or info on what i can do? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game a number of times. My computer is easily powerful enough to run this game (intel i7 9700k CPU and Nvidia 1080ti GPU). I also have a wired Ethernet connection, so no issues playing online. Its only this game....!!!!!!!!

3. Normark

Normark Registered

Just tried it here, no problems. have you tried to validate your files through Steam?

4. Dave Burns

Dave Burns Registered

I haven't, as i am unsure how to do that.

5. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

Right click rFactor 2 in the left column of steam library and select properties. In the properties window select Local Files and there is a Verify Integrity of game files Button. Click that and it will check all the files in the install against the steam download files. Any missing or corrupted files will be re-downloaded.

6. Dave Burns

Dave Burns Registered

Ok, i have just validated them and no issues for any of them........same issue. tried Singe player mode at GYG and it boots me off. Done the unsubscribe and restart etc. no change. I'm even running on forced 32 bit!!!

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why are you running in 32 bit? That will cause its own issues.

8. Dave Burns

Dave Burns Registered

It stated that will help on another forum thread, so i tried it.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Ok, so you only tried it. It sounded like you were always running it. 32 bit shouldn't be used, it'll be completely phased out very soon and will cause game crashes because it limits the available ram.

Try creating a trace file and post it here. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/how-to-create-a-trace-file.62304/ (note I mean attach it to this (your) thread, not the one I've linked to)

In future when having issues with content just unsubscribe and resubscribe. Reinstalling the whole game is a waste of time and data to achieve the same thing. https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/missing-dlc-tutorial.62565/

I assume you are running a current version of rF2 (opt out, or latest beta, no old build numbers)?

An option to mostly start fresh to avoid config issues is to rename your Userdata folder, then verify rF2 files through steam (as you did above) and see what happens. But a trace file will also help identify and/or eliminate potential causes.