[REL] F1 LEGENDS RACING 2.0 [Released]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Nov 29, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Makes me feel way better. Let's get him into the Fanatics. I need someone else mid pack....:D

jimagn and Pauli Partanen like this.
  2. Keeper

Keeper Registered

So far I've driven the two cars I probably drove most in GPL:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I wish the materials were named properly so that I could make my own helmet and driver suit also, though... (The cockpit sides and mirror of the Hooper also need to be set up for customizing, perhaps as an extra0?)

atomed, Art_Pereira and philmcqueen like this.
  3. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

F1 Legends Racing 2.0 has been added to rF2 Rank.

https://rf2.gplrank.info/

Only the cars have been added. Most of the tracks are already on rF2 Rank. Let us know if a track needs to be added.

rF2 is brought to you by the same person who brought us GPL Rank.

Bo Bruce, makan, jimagn and 2 others like this.
  4. BorekS

BorekS Registered

Hi,
    this mod is not designed to be end-user customisable. thats also the reason why no paint kit is released ;)

there is no plan to release F1LR2 templates, basically to avoid of such kind of user made crazy paint schemes.
    If you really need more then 20 vehicles, I would recommend just to repaint the car Nr. and driver name decals... with same relevant font styles.

5. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Don't have much time to drive anything else than stuff I sit behind these days. But I just found time for Britus 49 at Brianza, and the first driving impression is very good.

Had such a thrill there, went down to 1'30. Will definitely try to get down to 1'29. The feeling of being close to the edge of a cliff with this car is epic and very rewarding to get right. I don't remember very well how the one in Assetto Corsa used to handle before it seemingly became quicker, but I remember having similar thrills and challenge. I guess I will find it useful to use stronger diff coast with this car, as it is so tail happy on the entry.

I liked the tires. But I need to drive more. I think they slide a bit too easily in terms of recovering and predicting, while at the same time perhaps having a bit on the lower side of static friction.But of course there is not much possibility to predict how the Curva Grande will work out :D If I manage to get on the groove then it clicks and feels great, but if I don't then you go for a wild ride. Feels like groove effect is pretty high.

BorekS and Pauli Partanen like this.
  6. Mauro

Mauro Registered

7. pascom

pascom Registered

Oh!!!
    Good new !

8. Legend

Legend Registered

many thanks for mod and trackpack gpl2 is finally real!

Mauro and Pauli Partanen like this.
  9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This mod seems to have particularly bad performance in VR (compared with other car mods) with relatively low-res car textures.... anyone found a reason why?

Duncan and Manfredk2 like this.
  10. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

If you have one car on field (yours) and you compared to some 397 studio car (bt20 example), how much difference there is?

11. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Will test and get back to you.

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  12. djvicious

djvicious Registered

I can confirm I'm having the same issue. I tried a couple different Legends cars at 397 Nordschleife, no AI, and the frame rate is pretty bad. I switched over to the ISI BT20 and frames are smooth. Something is really eating FPS in VR with these cars.

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I'm wondering if it is a certain car from the set because I have ran smooth with some of the cars in the set.

14. BorekS

BorekS Registered

do you mean some cars from the F1LR vehicle list runs VR fine and some are fps killers?

personally cant check the VR mode, still technically all the F1LR cars sharing one common .gen file, which means all the object detail logics is same. so it could cause some unique vehicle subject rather. globally the F1LR cars are quite low poly, all the end-user visual magic is made simply by textures and shaders.

I didnt noticed any fps issue on my ancient rig (4-cored CPU with 4 GB RAM), but I never tried VR, ran against AI only and also never used user made tracks.

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yeah this is probably VR specific as I rarely run the game out of it now. This may be a shader issue or something. Maybe one car has FPS hungry shaders on it. It just seemed weird that how low-res the cars are currently they seemed to have a big hit in performance. I need to do more testing.

These are my current gfx settings:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Duncan and Corti like this.
  16. BorekS

BorekS Registered

the F1LR cars are assembled ingame from various parts, or better to say from various part syles, but all they should have same material shader. if the issue is gxf related, maybe some car vehicle highres skin isnt set to be mipmapped, for example... but it immediatelly would be noticable by its filesize.

however, one F1LR texture is really pretty big resolution and file size. its the mirror.bmp. the rFactor and rFactor 2 use same mirror texture file for cockpit 3d mirror and also for the HUD mirror screen rendering. the HUD is 16:1 screen ratio, but the F1LR mirrors are usually 1:1 (circle) ratio. so to avoid of the stretched mirror screen rendering must be the 3d mirrors mapped with a 1/16 of the source texture, which is currently 512x512 square area from 8192x512 texture. that way looks the 3d mirror rendered screen decent yet. in case of 50% downscaled mirror.bmp the 3d mirror rendered screen acts pixelised, as it is only 256x256 screen resolution area.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  17. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

Wow, stumbled onto this today. Getting back into simming. GPLer since the very beginning so I'm so happy to see this. Thanks to all who put this together!

Superdevil, jimagn and davehenrie like this.
  18. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

I'm running these on a server pretty regularly during West Coast US evenings. I've got the cars and most of the tracks listed in this thread in a pak (with the server successfully pushing). Server name is RacingSimAddicts. I do switch up the server quite often but it can be changed quickly if needed for a 67 fix :). I do also have AI running which can be booted if desired. The server location is in Dallas on a VDS so good pings to most of the US.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  19. Mauro

Mauro Registered

A friend link me this nice video
    Grand Prix style

atomed, pascom, pkelly and 4 others like this.
  20. Bradley

Bradley Registered

How do I dm you for the Brands Hatch circuit.