VR UI

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RalphMalph, May 21, 2020.

1. RalphMalph

RalphMalph Registered

Hi, is there anyway to have a ui smaller while in VR ? It's so huge. I don't know, something like in automobilista 2 or PC2.

multivac likes this.
  2. elbo

elbo Registered

in the configuration, reduce the screen resolution, no effect on VR but the menus will be more managable size.

atomed likes this.
  3. RalphMalph

RalphMalph Registered

Thanks elbo. Any chance there will be improvement with this with the new UI ?

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Did what elbo has told you, worked?

5. RalphMalph

RalphMalph Registered

Yes, it works, it makes the UI smaller, but it looks also further. So I switched back to default. It would be really nice to be able to resize and make it closer.

6. multivac

multivac Registered

Yes. But this decrease in resolution affects the size and position of the Hub when you're in the car.
    Also if the resolution is low the text is blurred.

Although this interface is more beautiful. I have to shake my head a lot to see all the options. In this aspect the current interface I see it more comfortable.

Thanks

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

What would be even better is having the UI fixed on the screen when in VR. This is something AMS2 does and is extremely helpful for changing stuff like settings, and browsing servers without having to have that thing on your head.

RalphMalph and MarcG like this.
  8. RalphMalph

RalphMalph Registered

Yep that would be a really big step forward. And that would also mean we could have a hud much easier to read as it wouldn't be that big !

9. pajaro

pajaro Registered

I'm totally with you guys.
    It will also make the racing experience a lot more immersive in VR, as the helmet in real racing, you should just put the headset for driving. Having to wear that for setup changes, watching the results of the other drivers, or even chatting with others is a real pain. Specially after a race or during a long Q session.
    Can this be already done? is there any way of having the interface already in a fixed window?

My first try of the new interface, looks really great!
    Cheers!