Latest news - 24 hours of Le Mans Virtual

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Deleted member 24698, May 15, 2020.

1. Ermz

Ermz Registered

Have to admit when reading:

"The Ferrari 488 GTE and GT3 will be added to our already big roster of Endurance and GT racing cars. If you already own the Le Mans track and other items from that pack"

my mind filled in the next portion to read: "you will receive these two cars free of charge as a loyalty bonus for supporting rF 2's development over the years. For everybody else, they're now part of the existing Endurance pack."

rF 2 is my favourite sim and I don't mind paying for the cars whatsoever, but I know not everybody is in that position, and it is a touch strange that most of the content over the last year or so has been drip fed out a track or car at a time. I say this mostly because people touch base all the time to tell me this lack of accessibility is what hampers their ability to get into rF 2.

2. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

It would be great if in the pack one of the cars was an LMP2, the Dallara for example. I think the fantastic Oreca 07 needs a rival.

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Above statement about VR is not true, not for all headsets at least. I own Pimax 5K XR headset, and I see all mirrors at once without turning my head, and I rarely turn it at all because that's not necessary. It is not full human FOV (165 vs 220 degrees horizontal), but it is close to FOV of the FIA helmet (180 degrees horizontal).

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    atomed, Emery and juanchioooo like this.
  4. Go have a refresh on the page - there is now a link to a form that can be used by simracers and simracing teams.

Marcel Offermans likes this.
  5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm hoping more for the Ligier myself. There's been a few more of those over the years than the Dallara.

And Ligier makes both an LMP2 and LMP3, so hopefully both could be added. But that is just wishful thinking on my side

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It is true that the pimax are distorted to how many degrees do you use them? Do you think they are the best option on the market? Thank you very much:);)

7. Yigit Yusuf Mutlu

Yigit Yusuf Mutlu Registered

So no more car for race, just ferrari, and why bmw gte not on the list?

Attached Files:

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

It is best option on the market based on my preferences, but it is far from perfect and it is not for everyone. I owned 5K+ and now 5K XR - won't trade it for anything available. StarVR One and Xtal are better of course, but 3x/4x the price is too much for me :)

The distortion greatly depends on face padding and headset position, however, just as IRL what matters the most is the _hint_ of what is going on at your sides. Distorted or not, you see cars at your sides, just as in real life - you don't have to even look there, but you see cars in the peripheral vision.

juanchioooo, mixer61 and lagg like this.
  9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

thank you:);)

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  10. MiguelVallejo

MiguelVallejo Registered

The Ligier would make more sense, but Dallara is so beautiful ... I really love the aesthetics of that car. It is a pity that in the ELMS or Le Mans cup there is no more variety ... it almost looks like an "Oreca cup"

Godwind Racing likes this.
  11. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I'm currently a Le Mans track short of a complete set as I did buy it then refunded it months ago as I couldn't at the time see a point in having a single use track that is going to be used for just newer LMPs and GTEs
    If I only have the complete car pack, will I be able to get the new cars, same goes to if I buy the Le Mans track now

Agree with the Ligier and Dallaras as I don't think spec racing is doing the sport any good and isn't variety the appeal of GT3 racing?
    Given S397's preference to cars nearing their end of their competitive careers, any chance for the Ford GTE?
    They need to add in the Aston Martin Valkyrie AMR Pro and the SCG 007 to compliment the McLaren Senna GTR

davehenrie likes this.
  12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I think it's because they are not racing in WEC and didn't apply for Le Mans in real life

McKiernan likes this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think you may be misinterpreting what was said, but it is strangely written. I believe the cars are available for anyone to buy, the reference to Le Mans and the other car packs is just to say that these cars will complement/complete the overall 'pack'. You don't need to have specific content in order to get the new pack, unless I'm mistaken - in which case I'd like someone to point that out :)

14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

are we getting also the new UI ?

It is soo frustrating see the new overlay used for the events whilst we are still using the old ones.

15. Comante

Comante Registered

If you opt into beta, you can already test the new UI, But they said they will release it soon. My hope is that the first official iteration of the new UI will be avaiable early in June, and hopefully the first iteration of the competitive system will follow in a month or two.

16. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Registered

my comment was not very clear.
    I mean if with the new content we will get also the new overlay

17. New content is not tied to any overlay or UI.
    This is 24h Le Mans post though, lets stay on topic :)

18. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

19. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

When you subscribe with mod, you no longer have access to the official cars of S397.
    Bricolage.

20. Vevex

Vevex Registered

Hope that this event could be an opportunity to have Oreca 07 without all front diva planes displayed when you have selected Le Mans Aero-package. :rolleyes: