DriveRaceWin - Find online league racing

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by AlexNordic, May 16, 2020.

1. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hi all,

I've created a little website that lists many league races for different sims (rFactor 2, AC, ACC, etc), ideal for these days of lockdown. Hopefully can help you find leagues you were not aware of!
    https://driveracewin.com/

Are you a league admin?
    Please send me links to your races and I'll add them. If you want new drivers of course. Equally if I've added your race there and you don't want it to be public let me know and I'll remove it.

Do you have any feedback?
    The site is pretty barebones right now with limited functionality. If there's something you'd like to see or that I should improve, let me know and I'll see if it makes sense to add it to my backlog.

Akela_DE, atomed and Dave^ like this.
  2. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Excellent, bookmarked!
    It's pretty rare that I join a server in part due to a total lack of structured grouping, and probably not alone on that.
    Like many, I don't have time for league racing although given enough information prior to a multiplayer session I would tend to join a few events quite a bit more often. The current rFactor multiplayer viewport leaves an entirely random selection making the user feel like a fish looking for a hook.

As for data sets that would be ideal I'll put that in two classes, Mandatory and Desired from my POV:
    Mandatory
    • Track (and download location if not on Steam)
    • Car Mod (and download location if not on Steam)
    • Time/Date of Race start (nice that you've added user time zone)
    • Session lengths - Practice/Qualy/Race time/distance length
    • AI Counts
    • Link to host website
    Desired
    • Driver Assist Levels enabled - TC/Stability/Braking
    • Damage Levels
    • Country of Origin or at least host language

AlexNordic likes this.
  3. AlexNordic

AlexNordic Registered

Hey John, very good points. As a league admin myself I try to add those and often forget about the desired points you listed.
    As I visit websites to find races the most annoying thing for me is the lack of timezone information. Sometimes I have to guess based on language, apparent nationality of the members, etc. For the admins may be obvious that they are in Central European Time, or EST or whatever, but I have no clue! So often there's just a 17:00 practice start. 17pm what timezone!?

If that info is often missing, imagine assists or damage levels :D But I'll try to incorporate in future iterations, definitely one for my backlog to keep in mind.