POTATO (Pickup & Play public server)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul McC, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hi folks, after last nights comments and racing im feeling better and kinda renewed, which is mainly down to you lot, cheers folks! So im putting together a brand new server package for us all to have some fun and great race's with. Watch this space!

atomed likes this.
  2. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok folks update on the way, sorry about the wait, but this package has taken most of the muthfudging day to sort out trust me!

3. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Here it is folks! We've done two different types of open wheeler, we've done a roadster, now its time for tin tops!

Welcome to THE NISSAN TIN TOP TRINITY

Cars:
    The new server package is loaded with the Nissan 350Z, the GTR & the GT500. Each one more powerful and faster than the last!

The server will have just one of these cars to use each day until we decide to progress with the next starting with slowest to fastest, so for the moment we're running the 350z! All of these cars are fast, the GT500 being the most powerful car we've had on the server to date, so I have choosen tracks to suit!

Tracks:
    We have Silverstone, Zandvoort and for the first time on the server Matsusaka! (Japaneese track for a Japaneese car!)

The first two tracks are S397 tracks and Matsusaka is an ISI track, all tracks should auto download or are availible on Steam RF2 workshop if for some reason they dont, but its all original RF2 content.
    Each track is big enough and wide enough to accomodate the legs on these beasts and let them really sing! Each track has shorter and longer layouts, so we'll be starting off with the short layouts and graduating to the longer layouts as we progress through the cars.

Sessions:
    Each track will start out with a medium real road and naturally progress through to race and the weather will change but there will be no rain, as we will be carrying on with short races for the moment, sessions are 10min practice, 5min qualify (so make that lap count!) & 10min race, so you'll be able to get a race every 25mins! There will be a maximum of only 3 A.I. so if you jump on and its empty, you've still got a few competitors till other players turn up, but not a server entirely filled with A.I.

As always to find the server simply search for POTATO
    No password, just jump in!

Enjoy!
    Screenshot 14_05_2020 17_10_50.png

pkelly, atomed and Comante like this.
  4. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Im loving this!

5. atomed

atomed Member

Daaamn, canĀ“t wait, love the three of them.

Paul McC likes this.
  6. Comante

Comante Registered

Can I suggest to force a base setup on them? I've never driven anyone of them, and yesterday I had to try to figure out how to remove that absurd understeer.

Paul McC likes this.
  7. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

I don't think a setup should be forced, the beauty of sim racing is working on a setup and everyone prefers a different setup, some drivers like understeer others like oversteer and so on. I'm a simracer since Grand Prix 2, my favourite was Grand Prix Legends and part of the fun was finding a good setup

Paul McC likes this.
  8. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

I managed to get into one race yesterday. I was tired from work, but it was fun. Never drove the Z370 before. I've made the server a favorite so I can find it easily. I'll be back.

Paul McC and atomed like this.
  9. atomed

atomed Member

Is there a way to store a setup in the server instead of sending It to one specific driver?

Paul McC likes this.
  10. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Occasionally i change the title of it from say "POTATO F4short track tour" to something like "POTATO a race every 25mins". So if the name changes in future and so gets wiped from your favorites you can always find it by simply searching: POTATO, as it will always start with POTATO

11. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Ok server is now up for today!

Now looking at some of the feedback im glad to see you're liking it but on the subject of setups... Ive got forced upgrades on so you should all be driving the 'Dutch' version of the car, which is slightly easier to drive than the standard 'Europian' upgrade it usually defaults to... Its a very subtle difference. As far as setups go i would not want to force a setup at the moment because the different tracks on the server would all require a different setup, plus I like to leave it up to folks preference's. I don't think there is a way to store a setup on the server, but what we can do is experiment either on or offline with setups and share them when in the server with folks, or maybe post them here or in the Discord channel, if thats possible.

Btw the discord channel for the POTATO is here, please join up! https://discord.gg/q9qjTM

Karsten Hvidberg likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

Paul does the fixed upgrades work?
    I thought it doesn't.

13. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Its a bit of a bugger but ive got it working
    doesnt like mods!

14. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Sorry folks, seems the POTATO had a hiccup whilst i was away having dinner. Back up and running now!

15. lagg

lagg Registered

Me neither, but it is what it is.
    Could you explain how you got it, please?

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Hey folks, for those of you not liking the cars understeery nature, try the setup i just posted on the Discord channel, or come meet me in the server and i'll give it you!

Karsten Hvidberg and atomed like this.
  17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

That was a damn good night! See you tomorrow!

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I didn't realise you ran it that late (sometimes?). If I'm around I'll check and jump on, the time difference makes it difficult most of the time (because I'm sleeping!).

Paul McC likes this.
  19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

POTATO is Live!

Yup so server's up but I have to go out now, I'll leave it running for ya. There are questions on the thread ive not answered since yesterday, I will get back to you, just busy now.

Enjoy!

atomed likes this.
  20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

So you make your mod package then go to it in single player and choose your track & car, then in the cars tuning options select the upgrade you want and click force setup, do this for every track in the mod package. Now when you start your server with that mod package make sure forced upgrades is checked and voila! It's causes problems with particular cars though, mostly modded content