Automobilista 2 announced, using project cars 2 engine

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by torig, Jun 1, 2019.

1. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

What about just trying to soften shocks and springs, and perhaps anti roll bars if you dislike it ?

2. Magus

Magus Registered

@AlexHeuskat : you are quoting your own posts from RD about "it's a massive issue already reported"? :)

Did you ever report it to Reiza like suggested to you both times if it was such an issue for you?

IMO, the Sprint car is absolute fine as is.

AlexHeuskat likes this.
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Registered

I've never seen any report from him in the Reiza forums.

But the bouncyness on the suspension on the Sprint will be fixed, it seems. :)

Guys, btw. please stop the "my sim is better than your sim-war", this is leading to no better place.

Remco Majoor and Magus like this.
  4. Magus

Magus Registered

I must be the only person that likes the random things people object to, like I miss the heavy flat spotting feature on ISI cars that seems to be absent from the S397 cars.

5. CrimsonEminence

I didn't found it to be that bad, to be honest, but i have no problems with it getting rectified^^

6. LokiD

LokiD Registered

havent been here for a while, but im annoyed at rf2 it has so much potential its just sitting there waiting to burst back into the limelight. But issues not being fixed are not helping this sim. I dont want to give up on rf2 although i fear it may be too late for me. But it is good theyre getting their name in lights with the esports thing at the moment!

AMS2 is coming along nicely at the moment, bar a few ai issues but handling and feel wise, yeah its up there.

7. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

The game is unfinished, need a lot of work BUT there is some gold. The FF is really really really good, and some cars are impressive, the V8 Supercar or whatever they call them is a blast, here is 4 laps, to warm up the first 2 laps tires to totally overdrive in the last.

Other awesome car is the Catheram 620R.

When the first Automobilista came out, many believed it was a simple mod for rFactor, I think Reiza is going to do an excellent job again.

P.S. The netcode sucks bad, there is a BIG problem with that :p

8. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

They said it will be fixed mostly when the dedi server releases

9. CrimsonEminence

But right now, he's absolutely right. I've murdered millions because i touched them already 2m in front of me. :D

Let's hope, they will be able to rectify this. Watching the crazy aggressive (the ram-behaviour will be fixed) AI in the 8.0.2. testing build, that is finally a "racey" AI in a Madness Engine game, deliver a pretty nice racing field of cars, makes me very confident, they find solutions to some long term flaws on multiple sites in the whole structure of the foundation.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  10. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Definitely he's right. I'm not playing AMS2 because of it. It can't come soon enough

11. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

12. caravan_driver

caravan_driver Registered

About the MP4-13 vs AMS2 V10 Gen2. The Reiza car comes with TC at 50%. Probably based on cars from 2001. So if the assists were set to "authentic" the comparison becomes difficult. Oddly the Reiza car also has ABS which I think the teams didn't use despite not being banned at the time. The MP4 is said to also have TC but not officially as per the rule set so RF2 cars comes with it greyed out in the setup.
    I'm not sure about the rfpro comment because on interviews the teams say they use their own models on rfpro.
    But I agree these two games feel very different from each other.

Korva7 likes this.
  13. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

The state right now: Still a lot of bugs, MP still a mess, big physics issues. Sticky wall is still not fixed, and found it's way into the netcode where it now sometimes happens with car to car contact as well.

Mark Lloyd likes this.
  14. muz_j

muz_j Registered

It's very much a bit hit and miss at the moment, but all in all, I'm glad I'm purchased it during early access.
    I'm not going to say it's better or worse than any other racing sim out there - that's point-less, but I think having a selection of decent titles gives you more options - especially with online racing.
    I guess my main points re: AMS 2 are:
    1) AMS 2 is good right now. It's on ver 0.9.1 - it DOES have some bugs in it and issues, but the developer is being responsive and releasing regular updates and I've got confidence that a lot of things will get fixed by the time it gets to version 1.0. Time will tell.
    2) I personally do like the P2P online racing option within AMS 2. There are obviously pros and cons to it, but it does give the user an easy option for firing up an online race, without much effort and if you can't find a server or online session in another game that appeals to you (perhaps because of the time zone you live in like me), then you can start up a session that suits you and be online in a few seconds.
    3) I'm definitely not going to say it's better than rFactor 2. It's not. But in saying that - it's not bad either. FFB is decent and improving. I doubt it will get to a level where it's as intuitive and natural feeling as rFactor 2 - but that's life and without using the same game engine, that's unlikely to ever happen. But that doesn't make it a bad option to have as a second or third title in your library.
    4) So far my own personal favorites are the old school Formula Classic F1 cars. They're good fun and well modeled, but obviously imaginary - in terms of not being representative of any real world cars. Although you could argue the same thing about any car in any racing sim period. It's purely a fictional representation of a car, based on what the game is capable of.

....the early access pricing will go up in the near future - on or around the time version 1 comes out, so if you want to give it a try, now is a good time to try it. I've purchased the base game and I'll judge any DLC and third party paid content as and when it is released.
    I don't think much of the Sigma P1 (Prototype class 2) car from the last update. It seems slow and boring to me, but that's mainly a personal preference thing on my part.

memoNo1 likes this.
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Wait for the Update on Friday,reported is a great FFB and Brake chace.I Haven't tested it but the "Hardcore Testers" love it so far...

muz_j likes this.
  16. stonec

stonec Registered

They always change the FFB. At the beginning I was glad to see it being worked on, but now I'm wondering how systematical their changes really are. I always preferred an FFB with as little fake effects and modifiers as possible. It should be relatively simple to get sensible FFB outputted if the physics are sensible. With the way they are changing the FFB now, it suggests they are still in the dark with understanding the physics. For comparison, rF2 FFB was never much changed since 2012, I think they added a minimum torque setting and that was about it.

mesfigas and Remco Majoor like this.
  17. CrimsonEminence

FFB =/= Physics

graphicaluserinterface and Filip like this.
  18. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Well, I guess Reiza settled my question: Was the horrible, terrible, awful pCARS2 FFB the result of the Madness engine or was it SMS?

AMS2 FFB is superb. Miles and miles above pCARS2.

SMS is just crap at FFB. Settled.

19. muz_j

muz_j Registered

Yep - I have been pleasantly surprised with it so far.
    SMS is going in the direction of the NFS Shift titles for version 3 (https://www.teamvvv.com/news/project-cars-3-will-be-more-of-a-spiritual-successor-to-nfs-shift/), which for me is the exact direction I have no interest in.
    If Project Cars 3 was going to get more focused, try to increase realism and make things more consistent across all of the available cars (even if that meant removing 50 or 60 or even more of them to do so), then I might be interested. For me Project Cars 2 is on its last legs and I won't be considering version 3 at all. It's garbage.

Slightly Mad Studios...
    f701ec5608190856eb08cb0f50d84c13.jpg
    ...but SMS did create a decent game engine and it's nice to see someone else using it in the sort of way that I enjoy :)

Dady Cairo likes this.
  20. Christy

Christy Registered