Create plugins 90's qualifications is possible?!?

Discussion in 'Other' started by EMY, May 13, 2020.

1. EMY

EMY Registered

Is it possible to have a plugin that creates 90's qualifications? Qualification on Friday + qualification on Saturday. The best lap on Friday or Saturday is used as the best lap for the race. The qualification must determine a maximum number of participants (example 26) the others are excluded.

Another type of qualification is that of 1 hour (1996 to 200x) with max 107% of the qualification time.

Thanks

Sorry for my English.

atomed and 3377 like this.
  2. 3377

3377 Registered

To determine the number of participants in the race, you can remove AI drivers from the session by selecting the driver and click on boot to remove them. The KnockoutQualifying.dll allows current F1 qualifying format, it should be possible to make a new ddl for old F1 system

3. EMY

EMY Registered

Yes, but in f1 (1991 imola) there were 30 participants in the qualification and at the end of the qualifications only 26 left because the others were eliminated.

If someone could create something like that it would be beautiful.

Thanks

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I can't remember if excluding from the race is possible. The qualifying itself is possible via the plugin interface. Years ago I was going to do something like that and aimed fairly high (configurable formats etc) but as tends to happen with rF2 the not-quite-complete flexibility and then graphical interface (for plugins) being removed dented my enthusiasm.

5. 3377

3377 Registered

In 1991 in f1 they were maximum 34 participants. 4 of them were out before the weekend started. Then yes 26 drivers on the grid

As I said in my previous comment and the end of the qualification you can remove as many drivers as you want. Here the drivers in positions 27 to 30.

At the end of qualifiquation, before going to race:
    1) select the driver in the UI
    2) click on "boot"

The booted driver will not participate in the race. It's not automatic you have to do it manually. But for 4 drivers it's ok

6. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I've had a look at the code (never having used the plugin) and it looks like it is possible. It seems to cut down the numbers allowed in qualifying sessions [1]
    Code:
        if( isRoadCourseOrShortOval )
        {
          minutes = max( 3, ( minutes + 2 ) / 3 );
          numScored = max( 2, ( ( mPreviousNumScored * 12 ) + 42 ) / 43 ); // 12/43 make it from qual 1 to qual 2
        }
        else
        {
          if( 6 == info.mSession )
          {
            minutes = max( 3, ( ( 2 * minutes ) + 4 ) / 5 );
            numScored = max( 3, ( ( mPreviousNumScored * 24 ) + 42 ) / 43 ); // 24/43 make it from qual 1 to qual 2
          }
          else
          {
            minutes = max( 3, ( minutes + 4 ) / 5 );
            numScored = max( 2, ( mPreviousNumScored + 1 ) / 2 ); // cut in half from qual 2 to qual 3
          }
        }

controlling the list of eligible cars using [2]
    Code:
     // input/output
      bool mServerScored;                   // whether vehicle is allowed to participate in current session

and AFAIK the race is just another session.

Your cases would be a different version of [1] either merging two sessions together or simply reading the time and cutting off anyone slower than 107%.

Now all you need to do is find someone to write it!

buzz hornet likes this.