[REL] SMMG Formula 3 Series (2019-2020-2021-2022-2023-2024) 2.20

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks for this new mod.
    I'm going to test it right now :)!
    Edit : Very good felling, AIW is very good, thanks again for your great work !

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    pkelly likes this.
  2. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

never say never, LOL

DrivingFast likes this.
  3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

If somebody would be of help in creating a trailer of the mod, we'll appreciate it. In case please PM me.
    Thank you

4. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

amazing car to drive, only one question, ffb will be heavy on high speed, hardly to turn on high speed corner like Zandvoort s2, is it high downforce cause the car hard to turn or just ffb to high?

5. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm not 100% sure, but I doubt the real car has power steering. If it doesn't have it, then yes high speed will affect the weight. I know the Indycar drivers were talking about that during the body kit era.

zxd1997 likes this.
  6. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

OK, but seems my CSW get clipping or it get some detail loss on high speed I feel, maybe just misjudged

7. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

And another question, where's 2019 skins, are they abandoned while the mod choose to be a F3 2020?

8. a1gpmatty

a1gpmatty Registered

Well these cars are awesome...

20200511163653_2.jpg

9. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

2019 skins were never painted, because the body was a placeholder = GP3
    We added only the basic color and shape similar to the 2019 Macau cup but always on GP3 body, so no longer usable.
    We could add the whole 2019 season with 2019 drivers, but not planned atm.

zxd1997 and atomed like this.
  10. Bill Guillaume

Bill Guillaume Registered

Top Job Ya'll!

Alessio Feletto and Slow Motion like this.
  11. Akela_DE

Akela_DE Registered

looks, sounds and feels great, a real joy to drive... 1st time i think i need, i really need a formula wheel. :D Top notch work!
    Who is running a server with them ?

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We'll look at it, also at it, but here is a very difficult field because a lot of things act together...
    If you like to do some test, you could try to decrease the caster, decrease both wings and work on ride height. Do not forgew that the suggested Dallara setup we have applied is for HDF.
    And do not forget that also device settings and in game setting for the device have a great impact, like for instance sensitivity to speed...
    Please report back or PM me with feedback.

Now that the main efforts were made, we'll work for MONTHS for updating other things, improving and fix details and AO for each detail too, textures and the whole lods structure, merging also tens of gmt files, etc etc... and we are already double checking the whole spreadsheet of the physics for fixing some potential mistake here and there and also because I continue to have feedback by Mr.D and I also received the updated manuals and spreadsheets of Dallara for the 2020 and... and... also the full data taken by Dallara and named "F3 2019 Full scale wind tunnel test report".

13. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I haven't had the opportunity to try this update out yet, nor look into the files. I did take a few laps with it approx 2 weeks ago. I've been working on the Panoz DP01, and had a similar issue with what was described here. I was using the rFactor 2 Tools to convert the physics from rF1. I ended up using the DW12 chassis.ini and putting the lines in the hdv that corresponded with it. It wasn't ideal, but it worked. Suspension was a lot more compliant, and felt more realistic.

Maybe you could borrow those file and settings from the FR 3.5 just to see how it reacts. If it feels better, then see if you can edit the suspension from that? Just trying to throw that information out there as I'm looking for a fool proof solution myself, and trying not to borrow assets if I can.

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The mod has been developed strictly following the real data of Dallara and inputs of F3 engineers, so to use data of another car (also obsolete) doesn't make sense at all... I don't want to vanish all hard job we did for years!
    That said, I understand there are thousands of data into the Borda spreadsheet, that is the unique "tool" we used for developing the F3 and to review data can be always useful, but the key points are the ones I explained in the post #252

zxd1997 and avenger82 like this.
  15. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

OK I'll change some setup once I have time to drive, and because I'm not familiar with setup just know how to drive, so maybe not accurate. And I will try my best to get some more feedback from a 2019's FIA F3 diver I know, he tried this and just say better then others but not 'real' (I assume that because all the sim 'game's limit, he said this about all the sim game)
    And I trust all your efforts and data, and have seen all that work you done, such good job you done. I forget how the pervious version feels, maybe I can try the old again but seems doesn't make sense haha

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd be interested to see Michael Borda's reaction to that.

Don't trust what you hear.

zxd1997 likes this.
  17. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

;) Just some curiosity, and I remember that invite a real driver to confirm a car's physic in rF2 happens after 397 take over it and many fanboys use that thing as the proof of the physic. And all I say isn't about the game's core physic, just about per car.
    But I don't know it's true or not:D

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The way you wrote it sounds like that was just how ISI did things, and while it might be something you just heard/read somewhere you do take a little ownership when you repeat it. Also, you say it here, someone reads it and says it there, and then during a practice session someone says something about ISI cars and someone else says "oh yeah, but they didn't even test their physics, just plugged in some real numbers" and suddenly it's an internet fact.

Of course how cars feel will vary (in comparison to real life) and what each real life driver thinks of it will also vary (in comparison to real life), but that's different to questioning approach. Each modder gets their car handling how they think it should, yet often we have multiple versions of the same car that feel different (and have quite marked differences in physics), which then leads to vehement defence of one or the other by users who share the same preferences, etc.

19. redapg

redapg Registered

No, we don't do that in Cases like the GP3 or now the F3.
    We have real Data, and Feedback from real Drivers and real Engineers of the Series', that also compare Motec Data of the real Car and the Sim Car and have tested the Sim Car with their Simulators.
    I think that is the Maximum, that a small Modding Group like us, can offer for free. :)

memoNo1, Akela_DE, SRGP and 10 others like this.
  20. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

What’s there anything specific the driver said was not right in the mod?
    IIRC previous version was little less “slidy” , like tries had better grip. For sure that’s evident when you compare with GP3 mod that I think used the same tires as current F3 , but with modified real-time section(correct me if I’m wrong). But because the F3 mod slides more makes it more fun to drive at and over the limit.