Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Hm, that would be great. Never tried online racing in RF2. The server only sees the untouched installation of a track and ignores the update. Perfect solution if it works.

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Installed update rfcmp always have their own mft file and the mas files of the original component are not edited.
    I will test it again, because i'm pretty sure, that it didn't work as you describe, in the past.
    It would be great, if it would work in that way, because to join a server with an updated component, that don't has that update installed, would make things so much easier.
    And with the system, that the update gets an own folder, it is no problem to manage that.
    But as said, it didn't work in that way in the past.
    BTW we are 95% off topic here. :oops:
    If i have tested it, i will open a new thread.
    Sorry @t0p5ecret

buzz hornet likes this.
  3. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

All good mate I'm happy for any discussion like this to be here, it helps us all put out better updates for everyone without causing content issues.

Aceking and buzz hornet like this.
  4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Thank you. :)
    So i will report here.
    I just tested it and it really seems to work as @Aceking has said.
    I have the update 1.7timing for the Nordschleife installed.
    I have found a server that don't has it installed (at least i suppose it, because i can not be sure, because the info that is displayed in the server list is not enough).
    Howsoever, i could join the server without a mismatch.
    Was there ever any information from S397, that they have changed the games code to allow that?
    As said, i'm pretty sure that it caused a mismatch in the past.
    It would be nice if others could test it too. ;)

Manfredk2 and buzz hornet like this.
  5. Aceking

Aceking Registered

All my Skin Pack Addons i created and used this same type update system for Studio 397 Car mods for their GT3, GT3 Challenger, GTE, and Endurance which i distrubuted starting May 11, 2019 at Race Dept. and i never got a multiplayer mismatch nor have i ever received any complaints from the many hundreds of people who downloaded and installed my Skin Package Addons. Atleast 2 years i been using this type update for my tracks and car mods and never received a mismatch.

Example: When i enter a Server that's using Studio 397 GT3's with my Skin Pack Addon and the Server doesn't have my Skin Pack Addon then the Server ignores my Skin Pack Addon and gives me only the default GT3 skin choices before entering their Server. This is what takes place when using a new AIW Update Addon when the Server doesn't have it so will ignore your Update and use the "Original".

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  6. Aceking

Aceking Registered

Just did some further multiplayer tests today and found 3 Servers to test out using my AIW updates at Barbagallo v2.3 by Nibiru, Croft v1.0 by Feels3, and Spa v1.1 by SJ and i can confirm "100%" without any doubts it all works as i stated before with no mismatches. :)

7. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Hi all, a couple of updates for everyone, hope you enjoy, I'll update the first post now.
    New version of Ahvenisto is out 0.9.
    Main point is I am going to send @Heikki21 another update for Ahvenisto as I'm not happy with how the Corvette and AMG are taking the last corner, they don't lose it but they run wide and hit the grass.
    New release of Ascari 0.8 is out by @Corti, @philrob, S.Victor and I.
    Also expect a new layout to Leipzig Porsche shortly, it's a shorter layout for really close racing, I'm using this as a test for some new things which will lead to changes for shorter tracks I work on in the future.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

AI works very good here. Tried only slower cars (M2, Reiza´s MCR . Some of them hit the guardrail at the first turn, only at the start of the race.

atomed likes this.
  9. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Thanks mate, I'll fix this and last corner tonight. On this if anyone is experiencing the CTD with Ahvenisto can you please post a link to your latest trace.txt file here, you'll find it under userdata\logs in the rf2 install dir. @Heikki21 and I are trying to figure out why it is crashing for some users and not others.

buzz hornet likes this.
  10. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Quick update for everyone, Leipzig Porsche V1.3 is out now I have updated the first post, it makes the Parabolica B layout available which contains the full Lesmo and Parabolica curves making for great close racing as it's a shorter layout. I'm using this shorter layout as a test for some new drafting settings so please let me know if the racing appears more realistic i.e. less cars in a line type thing and more passing attempts.

11. bears

bears Registered

That sounds very interesting thanks for pushing the AIW boundaries:)

12. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

could you explain that a little? Drafting = slipstreaming?

buzz hornet likes this.
  13. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

yep @atomed pointed me at one of the dev blogs from a few years ago and also mentioned AIDraftStickiness so I'm playing with the combinations of this and SlowWhenPushed to see what suits different types of tracks.

Emery and atomed like this.
  14. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

Update, new version of Ahvenisto by @Heikki21 is out, he's fixed the crash issue and I tweaked the AIWs some more. First post updated with steam link

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Heikki21, Corti, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  15. Aceking

Aceking Registered

A important final step in your AIW so the AI never run out of fuel no matter what type car used on your track is to always use the default "Skip Barber" located in ModDev when in editor and select "unsupported/test options", now click on "Simulate Fuel Usage", then "Save".

In my years of AIW editing in rF1 it was necessary to use the "Kodi-ZR and purchase the Z-type upgrade Pkg to "Simulate Fuel Usage".

Note: Many people tend to blame the car mod if the AI run out of fuel but the problem is in the AIW's "incorrect" Simulate Fuel Usage".

Hope this helps, Good Luck!

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Emery and atomed like this.
  16. willfla29

willfla29 Registered

While I wait for what will no doubt be a superior AIW for Long Beach from others here, I've been trying to learn how to do some of it myself. I figured out how to get the corridor lines to appear on the track, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to select them to narrow them (the goal being to create a funnel into turn 1). All the RFactor instructions say for this is to "hold shift and the arrow keys." I do this, and nothing happens. Thanks for any help anyone can give, I'd love to get to where I could actually contribute here.

upload_2020-5-20_11-31-47.png

Attached Files:

atomed likes this.
  17. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

You have to select the main waypoints to alter the corridors

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2020
    atomed and willfla29 like this.
  18. willfla29

willfla29 Registered

Thanks. The main way points are the green squares, right? And do I just select them with the mouse? Sorry, total novice...

19. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

yes, the green squares in the middle of the road. Select/deselect them with the mouse then you can narrow the corridors. By pressing shift and left alt you can alter the corridors in smaller steps.

I always show only the main waypoint and the corridors. Pit waypoints and other waypoints (donk know the exact name) are hidden via the show/hide submenu

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2020
  20. willfla29

willfla29 Registered

Hmmm. Nothing seems to happen when I click on them. Are you supposed to be able to see the changes you make? I imagined that the lines would visually cover less of the track as I shrink it, but doesn't seem to happen.