Allstar series - benchmark your time

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NickP92, May 10, 2020.

1. NickP92

NickP92 Registered

Hi there

I've used rf2 now for a few years just for fun and learning circuits ahead of some track days and club racing. Enjoy it and all the mods

I've recently been enjoying the-race Allstar series in these challenging times. Decided to pitch myself against the top racers see how lap times compare

Decided to look at round 2 and bench mark my lap times against the best in the Tatuus pm-18 single seater around silverstone national

As expected I am slow, target lap time low 50.5 seconds, currently running 55.0. The ai cars are running around 53 seconds.

Through the corners I'm generally faster but they drive by me on the straights. Going on board with an ai car the gear ratios look to be a lot closer and they top 140mph end of the Wellington straight, I'm get around 125 mph.

I've tried various setup changes I.e. Reduced all wings to 0, camber and toe, but my straight line speed remains the same.

Wondering if anyone noticed anything similar in this or other cars

I did notice when selecting the car there is a tune button, you can pick from many settings but not clear what they do. Does seem to be a fixed gearbox and ratios

Happy to accept its a driver issue but top end speed even when I get good corner speed is strange

I'll keep chasing the times for now

Cheers

2. Dave^

Dave^ Registered

Ignore what AI do, they don't have the same physics as you.

Although this can be altered, never done it myself, have a Google.

ETA - no you can't, it's their setup you can change to match yours, not sure but I think they still get a performance boost/enhanced grip in relation to the AI percentage slider.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
  3. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

What would be really handy would be for you to have the same setup the Allstars used. Also the real road.
    I might have a way!

4. NickP92

NickP92 Registered

Hey

Yep I was trying to find the Allstar setups via the-race would be good to try and get close to the pro sim racers

My bad btw , I had two driver aids on which I didn't realise , traction and stabilisation set low. Taking those off my car now matches the ai car top speeds

Now I just need to find more talent