Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. buzz hornet

buzz hornet Registered

Hey Mark just a reminder on Adelaide when you find the time :)

2. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

No problem, mate. I love secrets :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2020
  3. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Wrote a comment at Steam Workshop with link to the pictures.

Mauro likes this.
  4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

Hi all.

I have 2 question concerning AI :

1) Do the AIs improve for the race when they participate in a sufficiently long qualifying session ?

I mean, is their behavior better, does it feel more like having less robotized drivers? Do they have better overtaking strategies, etc. ?

2) Is it exactly the same thing to click on finish session and use time acceleration until the end of the session ?

I'm looking to improve my experience with AI.

Thank you!

5. atomed

atomed Member

Yes, they improve if you ley them run. Indeed there is a player.json line where you can establish how many attempts the ai will take into consideration before deciding what is the best behavior. I use to let them practice with time accel after I do mine and go take 5-10 min break before quali and race :cool:

Levelup1 likes this.
  6. DA-DIGGA

DA-DIGGA Registered

we will take a look
    Regards

Manfredk2, Mauro and atomed like this.
  7. DA-DIGGA

DA-DIGGA Registered

I think that´s not the track because with other mods I have tested everything is fine. Now only the EVE KI has the sink problem, if you drive yourself all is ok

8. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

yes, this is strange, it only affects the EVE AI.

9. willfla29

willfla29 Registered

I’d love a functional AIW for Long Beach 2014. Ive been trying to recreate the IndyCar season, and the terrible AI in turns 1 and 2 have put a roadblock in it. Thanks all!

RJMik and atomed like this.
  10. MarkJames

MarkJames Registered

Yes, now that I know what to look for I see their suspension jumping up and down. What that translates to is that they come out of Tower corner and just spin out taking some of their neighbors with them. The culprits were usually ahead of me in traffic, so all I could see was the spins. Anyway, thanks for looking into it.

11. RJMik

RJMik Registered

+1

12. Aceking

Aceking Registered

I done alot of AIW work hours on iDT_LongBeach_2014_dx11 for personal use over the past year and fixed the very troublesome areas thru T1, T2, T3, and T11 and added a new PIT line, Fast line, and Block lines. Intend to also release Croft 1.01sm, Barbagallo v2.3, Road America v1.013sm, and exm_Spa 1.1 dx11. Soon to release in very small AIW update add-ons and won't create any online mismatches!

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    pkelly, memoNo1, RJMik and 2 others like this.
  13. atomed

atomed Member

Woohooo!

14. Aceking

Aceking Registered

If you create the AIW update add-on as i do it will never create a online mulitplayer mismatch and allows you to run on those servers not having the AIW update because you never edited the Author's original track files thus you're are the owner of the new AIW update!!

pkelly and atomed like this.
  15. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

How do you do that? Please explain, would be very helpful

16. Bernd

Bernd Registered

If nothing has changed at the games code, you can use the original rfcmp and a small update rfcmp with your new aiw or a race event that includes the update with the aiw.
    But if you use the method with the original rfcmp + the update rfcmp being installed, you get a mismatch if you want to join a server that don't has the update rfcmp installed.
    So you have to uninstall the update rfcmp, to be able to join the server.
    That is what my experience is.

Manfredk2 and Mauro like this.
  17. Aceking

Aceking Registered

I use a copy of the "original" MAS that houses the original AIW and other files like GDB, SCN. CAM, RRBIN files and Loading Icons etc. In this MAS i replace the original AIW with my new AIW Update and repack this MAS.

1) In the Mod Packager i select "Create Single Cmp Package"
    2) Under "Select Component" be sure to edit in the "Original" track name
    3) Direct file path to your "Packages" directory with the name and version # of your rfcmp update
    4) Version: Your "new" version #
    5) Update from: Check this box and edit in the original track version #
    6) Type" select "Location" if update is for a track
    7) Info: Not necessary but you may describe what was done in your update
    8) MAS files: Here is where you Include all the MAS files for your track

STEP 8 - NOTES:
    All boxes for your MAS files need to be "Unchecked" except for your MAS file containing your "New" AIW needs to be "Checked". Now when you click "Package", your new AIW update 'rfcmp" will only include the one MAS file you checked thus will be very small in size but will still recognize all the other MAS file boxes that were not checked as necessary for the track to function!
    9) Now click "Install" and your finished. Easy Peasy!! Good Luck!!

NOTE: I tested this in online multiplayer many times over the years and if the Server doesn't have your AIW update then the Server will automatically use the original thus no mismatches! This method also works very well with Car mod updates too!

Last edited: May 10, 2020
    Mauro likes this.
  18. t0p5ecret

t0p5ecret Registered

This is the process I use for my update packages.

Aceking likes this.
  19. Bernd

Bernd Registered

What you describe is the normal process to create an update rfcmp (with an unneccessary step).
    And with that installed you have no mismatches, when you want to join a server that don't has the update installed?
    I doubt that.
    That would make the whole packaging system senseless.
    But i have to say that i didn't race much online for a longer while and it maybe is a new bug. :D

20. Aceking

Aceking Registered

I been using this method for the past few years and i just tested on a Server earlier today with my AIW update and "No" mismatch! The reason it works is because the AIW update installation contains it's own MFT file and the original MAS files are not edited. So, when the Server doesn't have the new AIW update then it only sees the "original' MAS files & MFT file needed to enter the Server. :)

Last edited: May 11, 2020