[WIP] AE86 Club v0.484

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by I_Bellett, Apr 28, 2020.

1. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

It is a new version after 6 years from rFactor1 version.
    Please note that it is still a WIP version.

ESkUGbeUUAEhgTP.jpg
    ESkUD8WU4AEvKR-.jpg
    ae86_front.jpg AE86_rear.jpg

Change Log (v0.484)
    -Geometry overhaul
    -Change default settings (vehicle height only)
    -Adjust the height of the center of gravity according to the above
    -Adjustment of clutch torque and bulk torque
    -Adjust the time it takes to downshift/upshift
    -Added wiper animation (I would like to take this opportunity to thank redapg)
    -Added rain tire texture (very cheap)

Tips1
    Auto lift and auto blip are not supported.
    Even with 2 pedals, you need to release the accelerator when shifting up, and press the accelerator when shifting down.

Tips2
    The vehicle height is set to the height when the vehicle touches the ground with 9kg front springs and 8kg rear springs installed.
    Since the weight of the fuel is not taken into account, it may be a good idea to lower the front vehicle height depending on the amount of fuel loaded.

Change Log (v0.47892)
    -Overhaul of Physics.

Change Log (v0.468)
    -Overhaul of Physics.
    -Two types of rear shock absorbers (Soft / Hard) have been added to the upgrade items.
    -Adjusted the amount of light from the headlights so that it is closer to the actual vehicle.
    -Corrected the collision model on the side of the car body.
    -Added icon image for UI.

Known issues
    -Apply IBL / PBR shader to WCCARBODY only. Not applied to WC EXTRA.
    -Collision detection is not perfect. Be careful of bumpers to bumpers.
    -No Driver animation.
    -No Wiper animation. (Fixed)
    -No Windscreen rain effect. (Fixed)
    -Selecting a wet tire does not change the tire tread texture.(Fixed)

Download Link
    -MEGA

Credits
    Models : gonzo-kool
    Textures and skins : jillnoy
    Skins : nanamiso, Keita, HotRats2, Mister
    Physics : Spyker, Bell
    Special Thanks : redapg(Wipper animation, Windscreen rain effect)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2023
    Bernat, datasting, Bostrom and 31 others like this.
  2. Akira Iwata

Akira Iwata Registered

Awesome stuff.
    Thanks for your hard work!!

yashiman and pkelly like this.
  3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Thanks for your work I_Bellet!

pkelly likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Can't wait to get a drive, another super busy day, have no chance to find a hour or more for rF2.

It is impressive that you consider even steering shaft effect on FFB thats some serious attention to details, would it be noticeable ?

5. Emery

Emery Registered

Beautiful wipers even if they aren't animated. There's a good match between the rF1 and rF2 driving experience, with the rF2 experience being more favored.

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't know if anyone needs telling, or if if anyone wants me telling them anything anymore.... but I tell you - this car is great, another really really good classic japanese racing car mod in rF2.

I only drove Levin at Miseluk so far, but it was brilliant. At first quite easy, but then had to note that I was 4seconds slower than AI at 105strength. I was getting slight faster, but not as much as I wanted, so I have not resisted anymore and lowered tire pressures and lowered braking pressure to suit me. It is still pretty easy... but As I got 2seconds away from the AI, the car rapidly started behaving like such car should on the edge. Soon I started becoming faster than AI, so perhaps reducing pressures wasn't necessary. It is very entertaining and challenging, yet very predictable. The last few seconds were really entertaining, exciting. Just feels like I expect the car to feel, no criticism there. It is great. One big challenge I found in Miseluk is that suspension breaks rather easily over curbs, so don't do this:

upload_2020-4-30_20-59-25.png

I had to restart two times for braking the car, it was frustrating. But then it is probably realistic, and it adds more joy and discovering to this car. Now I barely scratched the surface, but there is certainly plenty to discover with it, all these subtle handling things this car has, it is nice.

FFB felt heavy to me. So I guess it is just subjective. Of course it wasn't rock heavy, but for caster this small, it felt heavy. I also think I was close to clipping at some points.

Car model is very nice. But in interior I thought that steering wheel could use more subdivisions, and that chrome part is too sharply reflecting, and it looks weird to see things that it reflects from inside of the car.

Now come on boomers and older cars lovers, show some love, this is great stuff right here.

Bostrom, vava74, memoNo1 and 3 others like this.
  7. JERACERX

JERACERX Registered

Yeah, the car seems pretty sensitive over some curbs, as the AI is demonstrating here: rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2020.04.28 - 23.46.13.16.png
    This was at Botniaring

8. atomed

atomed Member

Great job, already loving it, thank you.

9. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

I think you can delete the collision obj in gen and let the game generate itself that maybe better

10. Godwind Racing

Godwind Racing Registered

I can understand what they are trying to do but then adding a 20V engine as an option (on the rF1 mod) is another matter

I do think there is no harm in adding the 3-box coupe (as below) as they have been terribly overlooked and they were raced in Group A touring cars - if that is possible
    [​IMG]

The other suggestion I can make is to add more US/European centric skins rather than duplicates
    Loving the mods though

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just found this, way back yonder in rF1, I drove the heck out of it, Here's hoping you can do it justice in rF2!

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Oh, does this bring back rF1 memories, took this critter to Putnam track and it's a winner for me. Out of the box it's balanced and able to drift the corners, what an "okie" hoot to drive. Thanks for the revival! I've yet to take it to the garage.

13. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Amazing mod, will wait for future updates, the base is already there, similar to rF1 version! Thank you so much!

14. CatAstrophe_05

CatAstrophe_05 Registered

The driving experience on this is simply incredible. The FFB could do some work as you mentioned but these are just so much raw fun to drive.

atomed likes this.
  15. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

We've used this car a couple of times in club events at RaceDepartment. We've noticed that on the tracks we used (Oulton and Ahvenisto), that the car is a bit erratic with somewhat sudden elevation changes, or curbs. We had 4-5 cars being thrown in the air and flipped on the curb at Oulton, but it really only happens with this car.

This might be something to look at for future updates for the mod? :)

16. Denis Betty

Denis Betty Registered

I was racing with Myrvold on Thursday and we excluded the Trueno and therefore we all drove the Levin. We were all having problems with a bump (just before Fosters corner) unsettling the car and causing spins. I personally was launched when I clipped a small kerb and also, I was thrown off track when I hit a small piece of debris. One of the other racers told me that he practiced in the Trueno and had none of these problems, so I tried the Trueno at Oulton Park Fosters and I could not replicate these problems.

This reminded me of a discussion I had with a modder. He told me that the collision box on his car had "Wheels" which were causing damage to the suspension and limiting the suspension travel. Is it possible that something similar is happening on the Levin, but not on the Trueno?

Just as an aside, we were using the Levin because some of the guys like to make their own skins. However, there is apparently no template for the Trueno and Myrvold has been unable to get any kind of reference from the dds files. Can anybody help with this?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  17. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  18. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

Denis Betty likes this.
  19. zxd1997

zxd1997 Registered

maybe delete the coll obj and let the game detect and generate itself it would be fine, just try it maybe

20. JERACERX

JERACERX Registered

The mod could definitely use an .RCD file for driver talent too, it's really hard to get a good AI race without it