GTE - why is driving so hard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by R.Noctua, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Hehe. DCS manuals are some 600+ pages per plane :D
    30 pages read is too much...?
    maybe an audio manual for those 30 pages then? heck, donate few euros and ill read it to tape for you, and add a bed time story in it for free.

McKiernan and Marisa like this.
  2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Can you read it for English speaking folks? Then read it again for us 'Mercans? Then of course stick a feather at the back of your throat for the French? Ozzies, of course mate, will need their own version so that they can listen at the Barbie. you get the idea...start recording!

memoNo1 likes this.
  3. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

The only thing you'll be doing with a manual at a barbie is putting a match to it so we can start a fire to burn dead animal bits to a crisp.
    The crispier they get the more beer we ingest! ;)

davehenrie likes this.
  4. J7166

J7166 Registered

Idk man, there have been a ton of us bringing this up here, discord, social media, everywhere. Only responses we've gotten have been half a** at best. "We're looking into balancing the GTE class" whatever that means. Sorry very sore subject with me that I've pretty much given up on to be honest. It's incredibly frustrating when your purchase something from a game studio and truly enjoy it. Then the studio does an update that breaks it.... And here we are a year later..... Still waiting.

R.Noctua, U. Daniel, EsxPaul and 3 others like this.
  5. Fabian Balle

Fabian Balle Registered

I quite like the RSR's handling but the BMW is a bit more tricky. Overall I'm pretty comfortable with the GTEs

6. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

Yep, it's sad, but it looks like we'll be waiting for ever, because S397 have decided to develop rF2 for a little clique of people (around 50) and the rest of the users can go to hell.

DirtyPotter likes this.
  7. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

It is very difficult. Everyone has opinions, some are right, some are wrong, some might be inbetween. But unfortunately there is no real discussion.

pkelly and memoNo1 like this.
  8. Travis

Travis Registered

If you've watched any of the e-sports recently, most of the world's best drivers are using iRacing, rF2 and ACC to race against themselves and many YT'ers and fast online racers.

There is a great possibility for real world drivers to provide their feedback if dev's want to seek it out.

EsxPaul likes this.
  9. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

There is a real life GT3 driver in rF2 Discord trying to get S397 to listen, no success xD
    I think he gave up already lol

J7166, Toro, Travis and 4 others like this.
  10. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

Do you know what were his complaints and was there any feedback from S397?

11. J7166

J7166 Registered

This guy used to test cars for s397. After a while he felt his feedback wasn't given enough consideration (ignored) so he stopped doing it in an official role. There are many things he would like S397 to give some attention, too many to mention them all here

12. Filip

Filip Registered

Can you mention just a few most important?

13. olligreen

olligreen Registered

Can you mention the name of this real life gt3 driver please?

14. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I bought a new endurance pack and SPA. All in all, everything is good.

But now I'm going back to the old one - BMW M8 GTE. Is there a problem with the setup? In eau rouge it's hard to hold the car, added +2 wing, got better. Question on FFB - Porsche, Ferrari and Corvette have "55" and the BMW has 41... but it feels like the center of the steering wheel is empty.
    If make the FFB bigger, it becomes a lot of FFB in the corner.

Is it just me or do the headlights shine worse? I can't see well at night. :eek::(

15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Driving is hard because it is supposed to replicate reality, and reality sucks. If driving was super easy, reality would be amazing, and everyone would be very happy and almost equally good. Everyone would finish races in photo finish and tracks should have to be paved ultra wide to accomodate all grid for photofinish. If reality would be so great, then the tracks would actually be giant scalextric circuits, and drivers would only need to push throttle the whole race, while whole nations would be extremely interested about radio conversations, off trac reality show elements and details about driver contracts...

Imagine... all the people, no religion, no property... imagine... everyone is equal :DDDD

Ok just messing around for laughs, sorry.

Looks pretty normal to me the way others drive

16. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

:confused::D

I just think the Corvette and Ferrari are lighter.

But I'm sure there's a mistake with the FFB - apparently BMW hasn't updated to the new standard.

But you can drive it, I agree. It's just that the M8 seems more unpredictable?

17. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

GTE are hard to drive ?

Maybe I should read the whole thread but just the title bogus me...GTE hard to drive, really ?

Nieubermesch likes this.
  18. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Posted in March 2020. At that time, Porsche at Le Mans driving on the phases of the moon. The other GTE were no better.

I have no difficulty even driving a Group 5 in RRE(apart from the Corvette Greenwood, which is designed to humiliate the driver).

19. Yzangard

Yzangard Registered

Oh right, the world stopped since march 2020 actually :p

20. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

I'm not quite sure what you mean.