rFactor 2 won't start anymore - help!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ReluctantRufus, Apr 30, 2020.

1. ReluctantRufus

ReluctantRufus Registered

Hello,

I have been running more than 200 hours of rFactor 2 since buying it, and until last week included everything worked perfectly. Since yesterday however, the game won't start anymore... After clicking the single or multiplayer icon in the Launcher, the rF2 splash screen appears, but after that nothing else happens, it simply returns to the Launcher...

I have tried a whole list of things: checked and installed Windows updates, installed driver updates , ran the Visual Studio files again which I read about somewhere else... Finally, I removed the game and redownloaded and installed it again from Steam... with exactly the same outcome.

I am pretty desperate at this point. What else can I do to get it running again?
    Many thanks in advance,

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Even though you re-installed rF2, try renaming your User Data folder or move it out of the Steam folder.
    Then let Steam verify the game files and then start rF2.

JimmyT likes this.
  3. ReluctantRufus

ReluctantRufus Registered

Thank you very much, that worked!
    Now he has created a new UserData folder, I suppose I can remove the old one? There was just one detail I had to take of, as initially after the renaming, he did not recognise my wheel. So I figured out that I had to copy the "Controller" folder from the old UserData to new one, as in the new UserData folder, there was no "Controller" folder.
    Many thanks again.

4. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Glad you got it working.
    The Controller folder should have been replaced when you did the verify game files.