thrustmaster ts-pc racer ferrari 488 challenge edition win10 drivers

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by gedis, Apr 27, 2020.

1. gedis

gedis Registered

Hi all,

Im new here, but im here because my ts-pc stearing wheel can not longe be recognised by windows 10. It worked fine since i got it last year in sumer. But when i put it away, and after maybe half year i connectred it, - it works, but no feedback, force back and other efects. I noticed that in Device Manager there is Ts-PC racer (USB) but with warning. So i did reinstalled drivers - didnt helped, did reinstaled compleatly fresly windows 10, still nathing. And support not realy helping with this problem. Any solution? or proper drivers to get them working? It was always problem with trustmaster! They make realy good stearing wheels, but after half year they drivers just dont want to talk with windows (this is my 3th stearing wheel from trust master, and always same problem apiers with even diferent pcs...) Untitled.jpg
    Any help would be appreciated!
    And yes, i did installation how the manual said on the support website!

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you plugging the wheel directly into the back of the PC?

3. gedis

gedis Registered

Yes, all done as it says on installation manual

4. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Every now and then a windows update breaks how rF2 sees some USB ports. I once had to re-install all my motherboard drivers like the sound and usb drivers. Keep in mind, there was a recent bios update to the TM drivers. Check in the TM control panel to verify 2 things. 1st, that the Wheel is the primary device, not a joypad or other bit of hardware, and 2nd that the firmware(bios) is up to date.
    good luck

Dady Cairo likes this.
  5. gedis

gedis Registered

i know with previews wheels there was unoficial drivers you need to download to sort it out, as trustmaster do not make any fixes for they wheels if there is conflict with windows, they probably do not know how to. I looking everywhere to find universal drivers for something, but can not find anything yet

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie I searched for ts-pc related threads and you were helping someone back in 2018 with setting the wheel up in rF2, and it appears you still use a TS-PC on your profile. The issue here appears to be the wheel itself not working. To be honest it sounds like a hardware issue. If basically anyone is using their TS-PC wheel in windows, and with rF2, all 3 are eliminated as 'problems'. One of your posts you mentioned power supply issues - could that manifest like this?

@gedis Or is this an actual preview wheel of unknown version? And can you please explain "can no longer be recognised by windows" but also "it works, but no feedback, ..."

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

I had this with a Beta release of AMS2.no wheel in that game anymore,but in other games it is still working!
    I did a complete reinstall of Win 10 64-bit with the latest version.If this does not work,your wheel is surely damaged!
    Hope this helps....
    DC

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In the thrustmaster control panel in windows, you can check if the wheel is working. There is a tab where you can press the buttons and the wheel will generate a series of FFB responses. If the wheel does not produce any shakes, or rattles when pressing buttons on the wheel then your wheel is most likely defective. If it works in windows, then the problem is rF2 vs Win 10.

9. gedis

gedis Registered

Hi all, and thanks for replay. Im more than sure the weel isnt broken. The feedback not coming back from games. The weel is working on basic only. The feedbacks not been fed back from games because there is no working drivers on pc to recognise it. That what i mean - windows 10 does not recognise the wheel no more. It happened with first stearing wheel, till some hacker or developer created manualy drivers for it, not related with trustmaster company, and it started work again for while, then i got second wheel and the problem was the same... now i got this one - expencive, trusted trustmaster once again... but seems they drivers problems wiht windows is never been solved. The wheel kinda new, so no one have created any unoficial drivers yet, that what im looking for! Till then, i will get sugestion that stearing wheel is broken it self, as i got that before so im not new in this situation :) Thanks all for replay, just hoping someone will see this message who have solved the problem and have the right drivers for the wheel.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

11. gedis

gedis Registered

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@gedis It seems unlikely someone isn't using the exact same wheel, but until they do we can't absolutely confirm. But then not everyone plays rF2, so someone (surely?) somewhere must have the same setup and can confirm if there's a problem or not. My T500 Ferrari F1 wheel continues to work fine, and people with various other TM wheels are also using theirs with no or few issues (and they're usually rF2 related rather than the wheel itself). Why are you so sure the wheel itself doesn't have a problem?

13. lagg

lagg Registered

Spam?
    Good luck

Dady Cairo and Corti like this.
  14. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Registered

Forget it,he is not worth helping out!

ADSTA and lagg like this.
  16. gedis

gedis Registered

Thanks all for your replays and tries! But i guess i will not bbe able to find the answer here. We all going in circles, and i hate to repeat my self multiple times! Thanks for trying! Stay safe and healthy!