Rf2 compared to other sims?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LokiD, Apr 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

To put it simply if your main criterion is the Realism + FFB + Physics trio, all of the following cars are (IMO) the best choice for rF2 and all simracing.

Your choice(s) can therefore be multiple (around 40 cars), and must depend on your budget and what you are looking for.

For car mods :

- The last 4 SlowMotion cars (Palatov D4 [AWD], Metalmoro MR1, F3, GP3) and the 2 karts of KartSim (paid).
    - For the rest, it's simple :
    All the cars CREATED by S397, ie from the last 3,5 years.

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE CARS CREATED BY THE OLD PUBLISHER (ISI), which for the most part were listed under the banner of S397 in the worshop.

From memory it is (not exhaustive) :

4 GTE + 1 LMP2 + 1 LMP3 + 7 Tatuus + 6 McLaren + 10 GT3 + 1 Radical SR3 + 1 brabham F1 + 1 March F1 + 1 Porsche Cup + 1 BMW M2 Cup, etcetera ( just under 40 in all).
    The sounds and graphics are also very satisfactory.

- The most incredible circuit of rF2 is Sebring.
    The other Laser circuits are Circuit d'Azur (Monaco) + Monaco ePrix + Nurburging (almost all layouts) + Le Mans and I forgot one I think.

Honestly, unless you have money problems, there is no good reason not to buy everything because the official content is incredible + rF2 with these mountains of faults is nevertheless unique.

(Otherwise choose what you prefer among all that !!!)

Remco Majoor and Alexander76 like this.
  2. Alexander76

Alexander76 Registered

Thank you for this answer.Official routes will definitely buy everything.The Nordschleife is so super at all.In Iracing, I didn't like it very much.Small detail.But the cars are still at least a couple.To learn how to feel this simulator.A Porsche and probably a BMW.

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

There are so many great cars that are quite underrated, some mods and some official content, especially from ISI. I see there is some movement that puts S397 cars over ISI cars, and it is false IMO. S397 cars might be more pleasant and requires less getting used to (something that is needed in simracing age of "must try everything for ten minutes"), but ISI cars are more realistic. Also ISI has more variety.

Alexander76 and Mauro like this.
  4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

The Apex Indycar mod is a lot of fun and highly underrated.

Remco Majoor likes this.
  5. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

What? They still don't allow to show how many AI is in a race?? I haven't checked new UI, but I'm sure they said it will be fixed there.

6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Here you go mate, scroll down this thread and you'll find my settings and also what a couple of folks thought of them, hope it helps!
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/porsche-cup-ai.64187/page-3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.